Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 06:09 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,049,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I have not looked at a single response to this, but I will bet real money a lot of people say, "You made your vows! Stick to them!"

If I became incapacitated, I would definitely want my SO to get her sexual needs met elsewhere. Why should my incapacity cancel her sex life? There is this huge lie in our sex-negative culture that says sex is trivial, that sexual needs shouldn't really be that important, that emotional intimacy is all that really matters.

100% rubbish!
You are thinking like a man ... not holding that against you because you are one. But most women don't simply want a big O to satisfy their needs; they in fact do want the feeing of intimacy with a man. So if you are OK with your partner seeking that out, you may as well get a divorce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 06:13 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
He can watch me bang the milk man.

It is not cheating if he watches, right?
do you want whole milk? 1 % or skim?

i am...the milk man,,,koo koo kachoo

if the woman you married, is but a memory, what are you cheating on??

does unconditional love truly exist?? and up to what point??
if a womans husband starts beating on her...is this "for better or worse"?????

if a husband starts gambling everything away and demands his wife to sleep with a debtor,,is this " thru sickness & health"?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:09 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,990,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
does unconditional love truly exist?? and up to what point??
if a womans husband starts beating on her...is this "for better or worse"?????

if a husband starts gambling everything away and demands his wife to sleep with a debtor,,is this " thru sickness & health"?
Very good points.

I also very much appreciated Mikala's posts in this thread. She seems to know the real issues people run into.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:23 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Very good points.

I also very much appreciated Mikala's posts in this thread. She seems to know the real issues people run into.

The "real issues" are not "what if's" made up on a forum, they are actual, real life accidents, illness, unexpected things that happen to them, real life, day to day, as a married couple issues.
Those are the issues that are dealt with day to day and one cannot possibly say for sure what they will or will not do IF some made up question happens in their lives one can never really know how they will respond to anything out of the ordinary or tragic when it happens in their lives. Most if not all will say they will stick to their vows and in reality some will and others won't.

To say no one else who has posted knows what the "real issues" are is equal to telling everyone they have no clue how life, love, vows and marriage works. That statement is truly a slap in the face to those who do take their marriage vows seriously and deal with whatever comes along the best way for them as a couple in their lives and marriage.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:03 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,069 times
I think it would depend on how early something happened. I can't look into the future, but if I had a happy marriage for 30 years and something happened in my 60's I'd like to think I could do without to honor my vows and her heart. My aunt's husband had a stroke at 30 and became physically disabled to the point that he has no coordination. They are now in their 50's and she has taken care of him the whole time. If she stepped out discretely I wouldn't blame her.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:48 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Very good points.

You really have no idea what "real issues" posters on this thread have or haven't run into, FWIW.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:14 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hmmmmm..........

There's no height restrictions either.

lol

Old 03-22-2014, 08:59 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,990,374 times
Golly.

I am very sad to read how some of my favorite posters took my post.

IIUC, Mikala is taking the vows route. All I said was I like the way she talks about that route. That doesn't mean I dislike how you, the person reading this, talk about it.

It just means that I find a conversation more fun when people discuss their thought processes, and the pros and cons of things, instead of just presenting their conclusions. If other people find another style more enjoyable, I encourage them to speak up.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:32 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
There's no height restrictions either.

lol
Ineed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships