Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:16 PM

867 posts, read 906,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I know what i want to do it just a matter of staying focused . School is not hard for me it just staying on task and not get all ADHD .

I plain is to get my BSN in nursing then do that for a few years go back to college and get my masters so i can be a nurse practitioner specializing in pediatrics.
That's what I wanted to read! Good for you. I feel better now. Keep up with it. Nursing is a lucrative profession. My nephew wants to be nurse right out of high school. I have a cousin who right after high school did EMT work then went to nursing school and is now making a solid income. Good for you. Keep at it and reach your goals!

I am genuinely happy for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 09:38 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,587,145 times
I think it's a lot more common than people think. I know many people who went all the way thru HS and college without dating.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:33 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,635,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
That's what I wanted to read! Good for you. I feel better now. Keep up with it. Nursing is a lucrative profession. My nephew wants to be nurse right out of high school. I have a cousin who right after high school did EMT work then went to nursing school and is now making a solid income. Good for you. Keep at it and reach your goals!

I am genuinely happy for you.
thanks

Old 03-20-2014, 11:24 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,255,167 times
I feel somewhat behind the curve being a few years over 30, not married, and no kids. Hell, I'm not even sure when i want to get married or even if I want to. That's scary because i'm no longer 20 with my whole life ahead of me and really need to decide if that's going to be a life for me. I'm older than my parents were when they had me and that depresses me.

The main thing is, and maybe this is an excuse, I haven't really found my niche yet or my career so I still feel unfulfilled. Marriage takes sacrifice and i'm not sure if I want to sacrifice the things I want for a wife or kids yet.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:55 PM

102,125 posts, read 107,362,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
I feel somewhat behind the curve being a few years over 30, not married, and no kids. Hell, I'm not even sure when i want to get married or even if I want to. That's scary because i'm no longer 20 with my whole life ahead of me and really need to decide if that's going to be a life for me. I'm older than my parents were when they had me and that depresses me.

The main thing is, and maybe this is an excuse, I haven't really found my niche yet or my career so I still feel unfulfilled. Marriage takes sacrifice and i'm not sure if I want to sacrifice the things I want for a wife or kids yet.
I can't relate to the bolded. Why would that depress you? It was the custom to get married young in earlier generations. That has no relevance to you, whatsoever.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:57 PM

52,006 posts, read 52,451,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I can't relate to the bolded. Why would that depress you? It was the custom to get married young in earlier generations. That has no relevance to you, whatsoever.
LOL... a first.. I agree......

Old 03-21-2014, 10:49 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,579,054 times
I wanted marriage and a family, but at 30 I've realized it's simply not going to happen. It's incredibly depressing and considering I got 5 MORE wedding invites for this summer it's not exactly going the way I planned. I'm way behind the curve and have relegated myself to being single forever.

So. I'm focusing on grad school and my job, maybe I'll move out of the country...but I worked hard for years to be social, to make friends and maybe find someone I could fall in love with and it simply hasn't happened. Now, I'm trying to be content with playing video games and reading books by myself. So far, so good.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:57 AM

7 posts, read 22,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
Wish I would've started dating around 17-20 like normal people! I'm having a good time now and I don't really regret my past, I had a blast.. However, I wish I was more confident back then when it came to dating!

Looking back, I'm not sure why It never happened.. I am painfully shy but I was also very popular in my late teens to my mid twenties. Mostly with other dudes at the ski resorts though, I had women flirt with me a lot back then but I'd stupidly grin and look for a exit due to my fear of talking to women. Only time I could ever follow through with women is when I was completely loaded..

My 23 year old Nephew has more dating experience than I do.
Let me give you the opposite scenario. Dated constantly and had LTR's starting in my teens and all through college. I had always been fortunate being able to attract, date and bed attractive women.

Had a couple of REALLY bad experiences, and now in my mid-30's I can't even date anymore, for a variety of reasons.

I'd much rather be a late bloomer such as yourself, than an "early burnout" like I am.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:46 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,255,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
i guess you have a point. It's just that 40 is only 7 years away for me and I'm not sure about marriage or kids yet. Everyone is telling me , "you better hurry up before its too late and i guess that kind of gets to you after a while"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
I wanted marriage and a family, but at 30 I've realized it's simply not going to happen. It's incredibly depressing and considering I got 5 MORE wedding invites for this summer it's not exactly going the way I planned. I'm way behind the curve and have relegated myself to being single forever.
You're only 30. Not 45.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:28 PM

102,125 posts, read 107,362,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
i guess you have a point. It's just that 40 is only 7 years away for me and I'm not sure about marriage or kids yet. Everyone is telling me , "you better hurry up before its too late and i guess that kind of gets to you after a while"
The only place I've ever been where "everyone" said something along those lines was Russia. Here in the US, no one has ever said that. Do you in a more traditional part of the US? Learn to blow those people off (in your mind). "Too late" for what? There are single women at all ages, good women looking for good guys. Some aren't interested in kids, so age is irrelevant. I think the thing for you at this point is to focus on finding your career niche. Once you find work that really speaks to you, other things will begin to fall into place. Just my take, FWIW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships