U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American ladies, would you ever date a muslim?
Yes 14 26.92%
No 38 73.08%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 12:28 AM

46,671 posts, read 45,880,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
If you read the OP, the question pertained to "liberal" Muslims. I answered.
I answered too... I was adding......
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 12:49 AM

288 posts, read 234,763 times
It just wouldn't work,

Old 03-21-2014, 05:53 AM

1,846 posts, read 1,877,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You dated "a la care Muslims"..... the true Muslims are the roll the carpet out 5 times a day and face mecca types...... also the Sharia law followers... those guys are real treats......
This whole sharia law nonsense is just hyped up by the moronic conservative politicians trying to start a clash of civilizations. In the US this is not a problem, hell if you look at a lot of the Muslim countries they themselves don't have sharia law. There are 1.6 billion Muslims and they come in different colors, sizes, cultures, and religious sect. Every sect is different, some more conservative than others like any other religion.

Its funny sometimes I feel like people don't realize it is an Abrahamic faith. There is a lot of overlap between the 3 religions and Islam call followers of the other 2 religions as people of the book. It recognizes Judaism and Christianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Is being Islamic but not religiously observent really a common thing? I feel like the rules are pretty strict on the fact that being "culturally" Islamic = being religious. It doesn't really seem like a belief system that encourages dabbling and not being all-in. But it could just be that I've only ever known observent Muslims.
Depends on the sect of the individual too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post

So, as you see, Americans who happen to be Muslims are no different from Americans who happen to be Christians.
lol a lot of the girls I dated just made this assumption about me only to find out later and they didn't care then either.

The Sufi(mystical Islam) poet Rumi once wrote...
“Be certain that in the religion of Love there are no believers and unbelievers. LOVE embraces all.”

Last edited by hooplaman; 03-21-2014 at 06:23 AM..

Old 03-21-2014, 07:11 AM

25,906 posts, read 39,701,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You dated "a la care Muslims"..... the true Muslims are the roll the carpet out 5 times a day and face mecca types...... also the Sharia law followers... those guys are real treats......
Same with the "true Christians" like Fred Phelps. Subjugating and stoning women, killing gay people, killing your own children for being disobedient or simply because God told you to ... that's all in there.

I've worked with a bunch of Muslims. They seemed like regular people to me.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:33 AM

19 posts, read 26,271 times
In the northeast and western metros, they would if all other things were normal.
In the Bible Belt and the south, and other rural areas, a resounding no, no matter how westernized they are.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:46 AM

9,410 posts, read 12,829,420 times
I'm not an American woman so I hope it's ok that I still voted. I think you probably meant westernised women, given the fact this is an international site.

I voted a very solid no. As an atheist I would never date anyone who was religious in any way, shape or form. But just in general I am not interested in any man who identifies as a Muslim. They tend to be from certain parts of the world and I would never go out with men from those countries. My father was Lebanese so I got to see first hand how repulsively sexist those men are. No thanks, I like my men progressive.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:48 AM

3,139 posts, read 2,478,567 times
Nope. I'm a conservative Christian and truly do take my relationship with Christ very seriously. I just foresee too many conflicts w/ Muslim (belief-wise). So no, there's nothing to consider there.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:57 AM

1,846 posts, read 1,877,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I'm not an American woman
Oh thank god!

---

On a side note I would say that I wouldn't date anyone deeply religious and they would honestly keep it to themselves the way I do.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:02 AM

166 posts, read 217,298 times
I would have dated a muslim woman but I am very very happy with my American wife. She is awesome.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:33 AM

46,671 posts, read 45,880,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Same with the "true Christians" like Fred Phelps. Subjugating and stoning women, killing gay people, killing your own children for being disobedient or simply because God told you to ... that's all in there.

I've worked with a bunch of Muslims. They seemed like regular people to me.
The thread context was Muslims so I didn't include Christians. Yeah, I heard about Fred Phelps passing, it's not gonna make a difference, his son or another guy in the group is gonna carry the hate torch.

I also met some Muslims that were fine too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships