Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American ladies, would you ever date a muslim?
Yes 14 26.92%
No 38 73.08%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 09:43 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I'm not an American woman so I hope it's ok that I still voted. I think you probably meant westernised women, given the fact this is an international site.

I voted a very solid no. As an atheist I would never date anyone who was religious in any way, shape or form. But just in general I am not interested in any man who identifies as a Muslim. They tend to be from certain parts of the world and I would never go out with men from those countries. My father was Lebanese so I got to see first hand how repulsively sexist those men are. No thanks, I like my men progressive.
One of the things I find funny about Muslim men and just that part of the world in general, is how much prostitution goes on in that part of the world......

Talk out being some major hypocrites, women are covered from head to toe can't drive cars, and the men are supposed to abstain from all the "vices." Yet it's party central with the working girls......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 09:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The thread context was Muslims so I didn't include Christians. Yeah, I heard about Fred Phelps passing, it's not gonna make a difference, his son or another guy in the group is gonna carry the hate torch.

I also met some Muslims that were fine too.
The OP asked about Westernized, non-religious Muslims, not those who practice sharia. The thread's about mainstream Islam in America, not fringe element zealots. That's why I brought up Phelps: he's not comparable to the run-of-the-mill American Christian whose religion encompasses observing Christmas and going to church once in a while.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:03 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
One of the things I find funny about Muslim men and just that part of the world in general, is how much prostitution goes on in that part of the world......

Talk out being some major hypocrites, women are covered from head to toe can't drive cars, and the men are supposed to abstain from all the "vices." Yet it's party central with the working girls......
Something tells me you haven't traveled to that part of the world. Considering your low opinion of it.

By the way this is getting ridiculous, Muslims like I said before are spread all over the world. They aren't just in the Middle East or Asia.

Sounds to me like you have some phobia problems.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:07 AM

863 posts, read 1,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodstockSchool1980 View Post
I think for most women it would matter more how you are as a person, aside from identifying yourself as Moslem.
Look at the results...

Old 03-21-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Look at the results...
The results here don't matter, this is the internet not real life. And from real life experience as I mentioned before this doesn't matter unless the girl you are trying to kick it to is super religious.

Also have to take into consideration the bigotry/ignorance...

Last edited by hooplaman; 03-21-2014 at 10:16 AM..

Old 03-21-2014, 10:35 AM

26 posts, read 34,179 times
I am Muslim and been dating a non Muslim for a year now.

Lemme tell you that the guy can't handle the idea of losing me and I am the same way.

I consider my self liberal and way too open minded about differences " heck yeah, I spent my

youth years doing my bachelor on that." Also, my religion rarely interfered in our relationship,

however it feels that my culture did!!! Ex: in the west they're all about individuality and to me

I've been raised that individuality indicate selfishness. This is one of the differences

between Eastern and Western societies.

I'll post again more details I'd like to share with you guys!

Old 03-21-2014, 02:57 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Something tells me you haven't traveled to that part of the world. Considering your low opinion of it.

By the way this is getting ridiculous, Muslims like I said before are spread all over the world. They aren't just in the Middle East or Asia.

Sounds to me like you have some phobia problems.
Not sure what the stats are today, given the Ukraine crises, but about three years ago, of the 33 current world wide conflicts the UN tracks, 32 of them involved Muslims or Islamic countries. Kinda speaks for itself don't ya think? My dad always taught me, when you start having issues with EVERYONE, it's time to look at yourself in the mirror!!! Cause maybe the problem isn't EVERYONE else!

Old 03-21-2014, 03:06 PM

Good I'm glad you came out with the bigotry instead of hiding it.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
As long as he wasn't religious at all and was very liberal - I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:40 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
As long as he wasn't religious at all and was very liberal - I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it.
Same. I wouldn't date anyone who was devoted to a particular religious faith or who had very conservatives views. I've met quite a few secular, left-wing men who were raised in Muslim families with whom I would be happy to go out on a date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships