Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 06:52 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,843,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
This is sort of a reverse take on the oft-discussed premise that "Women like jerks, not nice guys".

Do you think there is any truth here?

Men seem to complain about women in relationships being bossy & emasculating. They may wonder where all the kind, sweet-natured women are. They blame feminism. They say nowadays, women try to act like men (whatever that means).

But are they choosing these naggy/witchy types of women?
Are they subconsciously drawn to them, initially at least?

Meanwhile, more patient, sweet women are not grabbing their attention & are being overlooked in favor of the more aggressive, confident woman who perhaps boosts their egos while dating, but then harps on them when in a relationship. Or something else?

Of course, in the original premise, we discover Nice Guys aren't so nice. We learn there is a false dichotomy.
So what could be going on with the "Sweet Woman" vs. "Witchy Woman" in terms of what men say they want & who they actually date/marry?

Spoiler
Disclaimer: I'm not stating this as a truth, nor is this necessarily my belief/stance. Just an idea to discuss.
Nah. Most guys like sweet gals.

Of course, there are women who are b@tches and have acidic/snarky personalities who do great with men. If you are physically attractive woman, honestly, it doesn't matter how bad or bat-chit crazy your persona is, you'll be able to find men.

Of course, the sweet personable women who are nice to even the loser men, will get the top guys. In my experience at least, the pretty, successful, prom queen type is usually a pretty nice person and she usually gets the hottest, most successful guy.

For guys, it's similar. Good looking guys can do well even if they are shy and wimpy.

However, in general, men seek femininity and softness and nurturing (motherhood) in a woman and sweetness conveys that.

Women seek strength and protectiveness and being a confident, sometimes arrogant guy projects that.

Last edited by JJS99; 03-22-2014 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 06:55 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
A former poster here, Lao, had a bitchy wife. He used that very word. She'd call him a fatass, which he found motivational and arousing. She is very beautiful, of course.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:57 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,449,819 times
I'm not at all attracted to "naggy" women. I am attracted to sweet-dispositioned women who are confident and don't let anyone walk over them, yet are warm and loyal to someone who treats them with love and respect.

Many women (maybe most) are attracted to the "bad boy" types because that's a genetic marker for healthy testosterone levels and good genes overall which will provide their children with advantages in life. Yet, those same women want a more nurturing male for raising those children, as that given them the best chance of survival and success in life. In the end, they usually have to compromise between the best genes and best provider/nurturer.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:00 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,247,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Women, if you're nearing your 40's, still single, been dumped over and over, chances are, you're a bitchy, nagging woman.
I've noticed this...too. It seems a lot of women, when they hit their 30's, a ***** switch is flipped on. I just poor water on those types and watch them melt away.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:19 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,472,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Meanwhile, more patient, sweet women are not grabbing their attention & are being overlooked in favor of the more aggressive, confident woman who perhaps boosts their egos while dating, but then harps on them when in a relationship. Or something else?
In my experience, the men who end up with women with horrible personalities are usually those who value looks above any other consideration. As long as she's "hot," some guys will put up with almost anything.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:27 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,843,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
In my experience, the men who end up with women with horrible personalities are usually those who value looks above any other consideration. As long as she's "hot," some guys will put up with almost anything.
I think as long as a woman is above average, she can be a total nutcase, fruitcake, and beeotch and she'll still have men. Might not be the best of men though.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:34 AM

706 posts, read 1,203,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
I've noticed this...too. It seems a lot of women, when they hit their 30's, a ***** switch is flipped on. I just poor water on those types and watch them melt away.
Ah no can't say I agree with this. From what I've seen 20 somethings, who have yet to experiences life, set way high expectations and cry a river when they don't get it. This is from my experience and of course does not apply to all 20s. I've seen more women in their 30s and 40s, who have been through the ringer with a relationship or two being much more laid back, kind and realize that people are people and no body's perfect. Unlike a 20 something that expects a Prince Charming or Christian Gray to sweep her off her feet. I say this because I somewhat thought like his in my late teens early 20s.

Just admit you perfer 20 somethings instead of stating that women who are older fit the b*tchy bill. Cause that's just not the case.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:41 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,247,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
Ah no can't say I agree with this. From what I've seen 20 somethings, who have yet to experiences life, set way high expectations and cry a river when they don't get it. This is from my experience and of course does not apply to all 20s. I've seen more women in their 30s and 40s, who have been through the ringer with a relationship or two being much more laid back, kind and realize that people are people and no body's perfect. Unlike a 20 something that expects a Prince Charming or Christian Gray to sweep her off her feet. I say this because I somewhat thought like his in my late teens early 20s.

Just admit you perfer 20 somethings instead of stating that women who are older fit the b*tchy bill. Cause that's just not the case.
I prefer nice girls of all ages, especially 20 something's

Old 03-22-2014, 07:44 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Men value what they have to work for.
Doormats are boring.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:50 AM

12,920 posts, read 13,611,483 times
If that was all true ,prostitutes would stand on the corner yelling at men in passing cars,"leave me the hell alone."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships