Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 09:19 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,587,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
A lot of men do. Attractive women can be intimidating and also very mean.

Bikers can be intimidating. Dudes in prison can be intimidating. But not attractive women. It's not them, it's you. (They can sure as sh*t make you feel nervous, but so what, learn self control.)

And if more than 1 out of 100 are 'mean'..That's just random bad luck. If one of them is mean to you, you put a silent hex on them and continue on to the next one.

I've met some mean ass little kids. But it didn't make me intimidated by little kids in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 09:21 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,869,940 times
Quote:
A lot of people can be mean, man or woman, attractive or ugly.

Thinking a woman is mean because she is attractive is a great sign of low intelligence. Not much different than a person who is discriminatory towards something like race.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:23 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Attractive women can also be approachable and sweet. So why avoid all of them, just because some might be mean? Anyone can be mean. It makes no sense to avoid the very women you're attracted to.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:30 PM

639 posts, read 676,955 times
I am avoiding because I am little bit shy person...

Old 03-23-2014, 11:33 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,395,097 times
What's ironic is how some attractive women are shy and insecure themselves, but some people would be afraid of approaching them because they'd feel there'd be no point to it cause they're very good looking.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:43 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,255,713 times
When I was younger, I would only really try to talk to women whom I saw romantic interest and yes, that meant "attractive women".

Now, a little older, I've found the value of talking to all women, whether I'm sexually attracted to them or not. Sometimes it's cool to just get the experience of conversation. Conversation rules the nation!

Old 03-23-2014, 11:49 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,395,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
When I was younger, I would only really try to talk to women whom I saw romantic interest and yes, that meant "attractive women".

Now, a little older, I've found the value of talking to all women, whether I'm sexually attracted to them or not. Sometimes it's cool to just get the experience of conversation. Conversation rules the nation!
I can agree with you. As I've gotten older; my conversational skills have improved. I find myself talking to every woman, and not necessarily the attractive ones. Also, who knows where a conversation can lead to. Maybe that person can help you out with a job, or introduce you to an attractive woman, etc.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:29 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,255,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I can agree with you. As I've gotten older; my conversational skills have improved. I find myself talking to every woman, and not necessarily the attractive ones. Also, who knows where a conversation can lead to. Maybe that person can help you out with a job, or introduce you to an attractive woman, etc.
All about that networking baby!

Old 03-24-2014, 12:48 AM

3,378 posts, read 4,997,713 times
Personally I find the OP's position to be childish!

Look at me for example, even though I'm down about my recent GF, while she was away around 3 girls came after me last year. 2 of them were....oh sweet DEAR GOD attractive. My grocery store job, even though I hold alot of ambivilence to it, did socialize me quite a bit. Now I really have no problem talking to strangers. However, a lady coworker of mine has pointed stuff out about me that I haven't noticed. She says that around attractive woman customers, I stammer more and shy away just a little. Now that doesn't mean I don't want to talk to them, it more of being awed by their presence. And not knowing quite how to react to them, typical in young men.

So, yeah OP you are taking things immaturely and way too damn far.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:26 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,756,010 times
B-face? Avoid. No b-face? Talk to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships