Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2014, 10:32 PM

105 posts, read 84,450 times

Advertisements

Hypothetical question for the women… If you had a reason to, would you be capable of kicking your husband or boyfriend's butt? Does it matter to you or your relationship? Are you disappointed or just don't care either way?

I have no doubt my wife could kick my butt if she wanted to, thankfully she doesn't and we get along great
She is an ex college athlete, in very good shape and has been in a few fights when she was younger against both girls and guys. She grew up in a family with older brothers who taught her to defend herself and she's just naturally good at it. Looking at her, you would never guess it. She is 5'4, 120 and looks harmless.

Me? I am taller and stronger but she is in much better shape and has much better endurance. I've also NEVER been in a fight. It just never happened.

The bottom line is, if something happened to us and we were forced to defend ourselves from harm, I would definitely have her back and do my best but realistically she'd be much more capable than I ever would.
I can learn to defend myself of course but that takes years of time and dedication while I have a career that
demands most of my time and energy as it is. She's in the same boat! She is taking night classes in addition to work. She barely has time to squeeze in exercise. This is something she learned and developed when she was younger and now it is just second nature, it's maintenance. I'd be starting from ground zero.

I know it's 2014 and guys and girls can do all sorts of different things. Some better than others. I know that gender roles or stereotypes are a relic of the past but it is part of how I grew up. The man was supposed to
be the one who could protect his wife if needed.

I don't think she cares either way and it's never been an issue but I'm just curious about other couples who might have the same dynamic. Are you a woman who thinks she could fight better than her BF or hubby if she had to? Do you care or is it an issue with you, even maybe subconsciously?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 10:35 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
Here we go....

Old 03-27-2014, 10:41 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,423,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Here we go....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rl46Dpy-P4

Old 03-27-2014, 10:49 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...kick-your.html

Old 03-27-2014, 10:58 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,249 times
Absolutely, and he knows it. He outweighs me by quite a bit but when we wrestle I let him win most of the time just for the sex. He doesn't have a problem with the fact that I box, can toss a 220 pound man and dead lift 225 pounds because he knows I could and would kick ass if/when I need to. My job requires it. He has seen me in action and I think he secretly likes the fact that, in his words, I'm a badass/pistol when I need to be. Coming in at my height gives me an advantage even if a guy is double my weight.

ETA: Why ask? Did your GF kick your ass?

Old 03-27-2014, 10:59 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,820 times
No. I'm an itty bitty slip of a thing.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:01 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
This topic was covered at length several months ago and I bet the answers haven't changed since that time.
I don't see the point and I personally do not know anyone over the age of 10 who "wrestles" with their boyfriend/girlfriend.
It is pointless and silly unless you both get paid to wrestle and need the practice.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
No. I'm an itty bitty slip of a thing.
Size doesn't matter.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
This topic was covered at length several months ago and I bet the answers haven't changed since that time.
I don't see the point and I personally do not know anyone over the age of 10 who "wrestles" with their boyfriend/girlfriend.
It is pointless and silly unless you both get paid to wrestle and need the practice.
Pointless? You should try it sometime. When my BF and I wrestle we both win. The "point" is that we like to have fun and it always leads to "fun".

Old 03-28-2014, 12:46 PM

32,638 posts, read 48,005,355 times
Winning a fight depends a lot upon your willingness to do permanent damage. Since I would not do irreparable damage to friend, lover, or family, then no, I can't kick his butt, nor do I want to.

I am capable of ripping his head off verbally, though. It doesn't happen often, but if I lose my temper, he is running for cover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships