Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 11:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

Glad to be comforting!

Though I wonder why so many people that don't date, claim they have no interest in dating, and don't even like the opposite sex (as heterosexuals) want to spend time chatting on a relationship forum. Rather odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_Sellers View Post
So what's your excuse?

I love relationships. Dating, having lovers, making friends. Life is about making new connections and having shared experiences, and they're fun to discuss and analyze as we go through life.

Working through things with a SO, meeting a new flame, reconnecting with an old one... they bring joy to life. Sometimes pain, but you need the lows to appreciate the highs.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:55 AM

Oh, that's not all life is about, of course. There is travel. My hobbies. Reading. My career. Volunteering. Mostly I do these solo, but without having people to share other things with and talk about them (and learn their interests), things would be dull.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:26 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_Sellers View Post
The bolded is the difference between men and women. Women have other places to seek out emotional connectedness besides romantic relationships.

Romantic, intimate relationships are really the only place that men can experience that, and when they're not in a relationship, they just don't get any.
This is very true. I talked about that with the woman I've been seeing last night. I told her how nice it was just to open up to her on a minimal level. She even said that she doesn't share much of herself with people and she's surprised with how much she's shared with me. Having some common ground to build from is very important. Me and my guy friends never open up to each other emotionally. It's kind of a guy code kind of thing. We all open up when we're in relationships, but when we're not in relationships, we are much like the machine ohio peasant talks about.

Just having her around has been really refreshing. I've had a lot of hookup and FWB experience, but I haven't really ever truly had 100% of my focus on getting to know one woman. It's quite new to me and I really enjoy it so far. We have some family dynamics in common that a lot of people don't have between our parents, and it's an issue that we can really connect on. It's very hard to find one or two people that can really share the pain and the happiness of life with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships