Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men Only! How old are you?
17 or younger 0 0%
18-25 9 15.00%
26-32 14 23.33%
33-39 15 25.00%
40-50 7 11.67%
51-60 12 20.00%
61-70 2 3.33%
71 and older 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 02:11 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times

Advertisements

Artiface I don't see anything wrong with that method for meeting women. A wide range of ages attend community colleges and if the classes were fun you're getting a lot out of it. It's good sound advice for someone who doesn't want to meet someone in a bar or club, doesn't like OLD, and won't cold approach. I was married when I graduated college, but I may have tried something like that if I weren't. I've advised people here on this forum to do similar stuff, not just classes but writer's workshops, discussion groups, etc. Whatever one's interests are.

OP, I'm 33 and younger than I was 10 years ago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 02:14 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Artiface I don't see anything wrong with that method for meeting women. A wide range of ages attend community colleges and if the classes were fun you're getting a lot out of it. It's good sound advice for someone who doesn't want to meet someone in a bar or club, doesn't like OLD, and won't cold approach. I was married when I graduated college, but I may have tried something like that if I weren't. I've advised people here on this forum to do similar stuff, not just classes but writer's workshops, discussion groups, etc. Whatever one's interests are.

OP, I'm 33 and younger than I was 10 years ago!
I think it's just good life advice. Always continue learning. I'm going to take a Chinese class this fall, albeit .. not to meet women. Although, it could definitely be a great way to meet someone. You obviously have similar interests if you're in a class together.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:50 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
College is about getting in there, learning the material and getting your degree and doing it as cheaply as possible. The whole "college experience" is overplayed and stupid. The only reason it is being pushed so hard is so the universities can rape their students in prices to make them pay a lot of money to live in a crappy dorm with people they probably won't like.

Go to the community college, do good, save yourself the money and be very happy when you're in your mid 20s.

Very solid advice here.....
Unless you happen to earn a full
academic scholarship to a prominent
university, where tuition is
40 something a year
Which is what my youngest did

Old 03-24-2014, 03:46 PM

746 posts, read 866,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You make that sound like a bad thing.

Take an interests in others. Say hi and smile.
It kind of is a bad thing.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:51 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
How will I make friends and get a girlfriend? It's going to be sad to leave the friends I actually do have too.

Eh, after high school you will always be in contact with the people you want to be in contact with and you will lose contact with the people you don't. I graduated high school in 2006, I still keep in contact with all of my old high school buddies.. well the ones I want to keep in contact with. You'll be fine.

Meeting new people is not difficult, college is not a solution to your social needs. You can meet people anywhere, in school, at work or on the street.

Stay smart, work hard and keep an open mind. Just be friendly to people, talk to them and don't think twice about it. If you do those things you will definitely not have a problem meeting people. Stop worry, and just enjoy yourself man

Old 03-24-2014, 04:35 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
i found out a long time ago...what a woman can do to your soul,, ah but she cant take you anywhere- you dont already know how to go.

do not measure yourself, against others,
do not allow others to define YOU
do not compromise yourself to people who use and take, cheat and steal or do drugs
you are what you think- as a man thinketh so is he- be a giver and you shall receive...
do random acts of kindness, even if no one is watching
do not smoke or drink ALOT of beer,,money wasted
set short and long term goals,,and allow yourself to feel accomplishment
steer your own ship,,never wallow in others currents and wonder where you are going..
be your own best friend,
give smiles to others, it costs little and the rewards can be huge...
a wise man walks with his head bowed,,,with no ego.
happiness, confidence comes from within,,,not from others..

we think in pictures- picture what you want in your head,, and work towards it ..
laugh alot, giggle, laughing releases endorphins.....
give 5 compliments a day - make someone smile,,,
how you view yourself, has a direct correlation of how others perceive you..
sometimes less is more.... dont gossip..refrain from unkind judgements....

dont let the want for a woman rule your life..... be friendly, be kind, be yourself, and the right ones will be attracted to you

im 296 in dog years....

Old 03-24-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

dont let the want for a woman rule your life..... be friendly, be kind, be yourself, and the right ones will be attracted to you

im 296 in dog years....
I have to physically be around them still! If its like a dating site they only have my picture and info I type. What if women I see in stores or whatever are all taken, don't want a relationship, aren't my age, etc. OMG I feel like I've been locked in a basement and barely know the outside world.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I have to physically be around them still! If its like a dating site they only have my picture and info I type. What if women I see in stores or whatever are all taken, don't want a relationship, aren't my age, etc. OMG I feel like I've been locked in a basement and barely know the outside world.

Where do you live? I'm sorry if you've shared this already and I missed it. I think it's highly unlikely all the women in your area are as described above.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

Where do you live? I'm sorry if you've shared this already and I missed it. I think it's highly unlikely all the women in your area are as described above.
I'm not going to publicly post where I live, but most of them probably ARE like that but I want to move anyway.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to publicly post where I live, but most of them probably ARE like that but I want to move anyway.
You don't have to say where precisely. I was more asking on a general level. It's pretty clear to me you don't live in a larger town. I'd guess smaller than 10k even. It would have to be pretty small for the options to be as limited as you've described.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships