Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men Only! How old are you?
17 or younger 0 0%
18-25 9 15.00%
26-32 14 23.33%
33-39 15 25.00%
40-50 7 11.67%
51-60 12 20.00%
61-70 2 3.33%
71 and older 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 09:26 PM

746 posts, read 866,506 times

Advertisements

Just to be clear I am straight. I just want to know because I feel like an age minority on here and I shiuld be talking to more people my age. I'm 18. It's cool to talk to older people but I should and want to talk to more people my own age. Not just for getting a girlfriend but also making friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 09:31 PM

867 posts, read 909,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
Just to be clear I am straight. I just want to know because I feel like an age minority on here and I shiuld be talking to more people my age. I'm 18. It's cool to talk to older people but I should and want to talk to more people my own age. Not just for getting a girlfriend but also making friends.
I agree, the last place for an 18 year old to be is on a message board. You'll end up coming up to conclusions about the world that aren't supported by reality. Go out there, have fun and make friends.

I'm 32 by the way.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:32 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
I am old enough to be your dad .

Old 03-23-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
I agree, the last place for an 18 year old to be is on a message board. You'll end up coming up to conclusions about the world that aren't supported by reality. Go out there, have fun and make friends.

I'm 32 by the way.
I can't go to a four year college most likely. Social rejection led to depression and I knew I was going to end up on a message board site! I just needed to ask stuff and talk to people.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:36 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Nothing on this board pertains to an 18 year old

Old 03-23-2014, 09:40 PM

867 posts, read 909,348 times
Quote:
I can't go to a four year college most likely. Social rejection led to depression and I knew I was going to end up on a message board site! I just needed to ask stuff and talk to people.
I'm not certain what state you live in but you can go to a community college and transfer to a four year college from there. That is what my 18 year old nephew is doing. Out here in California Community College is relatively cheap. That's why he's doing, he really can't afford to go to college in spite of his parents middle class income. There is also a law in California that so long as you get an AA from a Community College a four year college has to accept you. So, take community college classes and meet people there.

Another word of advice there is always a solution to a problem, it's just a matter of finding the right solution. The solution may not be what you intended but so long as you are happy with it and better of because of it there is always a solution to a problem.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
I'm not certain what state you live in but you can go to a community college and transfer to a four year college from there. That is what my 18 year old nephew is doing. Out here in California Community College is relatively cheap. That's why he's doing, he really can't afford to go to college in spite of his parents middle class income. There is also a law in California that so long as you get an AA from a Community College a four year college has to accept you. So, take community college classes and meet people there.

Another word of advice there is always a solution to a problem, it's just a matter of finding the right solution. The solution may not be what you intended but so long as you are happy with it and better of because of it there is always a solution to a problem.
If you go to community college for a year or two then transfer everything things died down and nobody wants to even talk to you according to transfer students. I want to leave my town and my dad might kick me out of the house after high school, and I'm not prepared to support myself. It'd be miserable still living at home anyway, multiple reasons why. There are friends I would miss if I left, but they're not going to stay here forever either.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:54 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
If you go to community college for a year or two then transfer everything things died down and nobody wants to even talk to you according to transfer students. I want to leave my town and my dad might kick me out of the house after high school, and I'm not prepared to support myself. It'd be miserable still living at home anyway, multiple reasons why. There are friends I would miss if I left, but they're not going to stay here forever either.
College is about getting in there, learning the material and getting your degree and doing it as cheaply as possible. The whole "college experience" is overplayed and stupid. The only reason it is being pushed so hard is so the universities can rape their students in prices to make them pay a lot of money to live in a crappy dorm with people they probably won't like.

Go to the community college, do good, save yourself the money and be very happy when you're in your mid 20s.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:57 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,875 times
53 and done.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
College is about getting in there, learning the material and getting your degree and doing it as cheaply as possible. The whole "college experience" is overplayed and stupid. The only reason it is being pushed so hard is so the universities can rape their students in prices to make them pay a lot of money to live in a crappy dorm with people they probably won't like.

Go to the community college, do good, save yourself the money and be very happy when you're in your mid 20s.
How will I make friends and get a girlfriend? It's going to be sad to leave the friends I actually do have too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships