Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 08:20 AM

26 posts, read 148,703 times

Advertisements

I know I should talk to him about it but I haven't worked up the nerve.

Saturday my boyfriend went and played golf with a buddy. My boyfriend and I met up at a local bar (his buddy dropped him off since he couldn't drive) afterwards, around 9pm and had a couple drinks (okay, I had one, he had three) and I drove us home and we cuddled and watched tv. We went to bed around 1. Fun times.

My issue is that at about 2:45 his phone started ringing. It woke me up and I went to the kitchen. It was a girl's name on the caller ID, who I'd never heard of before. I frowned, and hit "ignore" just to get the phone to stop ringing. He has many female (and male) friends. He's 35, and a former big partier up until his late 20's, and still has plenty of residual popularity, so a random drunk dial or text here and there doesn't bother me too much.

What does bother me is that she called right back 3 minutes later. I frowned again and silenced the phone.

Two minutes later it started vibrating. Same chick. What the heck???

I answered "hello?" trying not to wake him, since he was out cold and exhausted from golf.

She hung up immediately.

Five minutes later, a fourth call. I answered again. She hung up immediately.

Then he started getting a barrage of texts--I couldn't read them since his phone was locked.

10 minutes later, another freakin' call.

Dude, it's 3 in the morning on Saturday night.

I texted her from my own phone (his old-school phone displays both the name and number, and I quickly memorized it). I asked if everything was okay and got "who is this?"

I said "this is -----'s girlfriend. His phone keeps ringing and it woke me up. I can wake him if it's an emergency--he's dead asleep."

She said "oh. I'm sorry to have woken you. I hope your happy."

and that was it.

the next day it kept killing me so i texted her again saying i hoped i hadn't offended her. she said "you didn't."

and that was it. I mean, I'm clearly fishing for something reassuring--who wouldn't be?

I said "----'s never mentioned you before, have you been friends long?"

she said "we've been friends for about 6 years" (he and i have been dating for a little over 2)

i said "oh sweet! we should all hang out some time soon!"

She said "actually I don't live in FL anymore."

So....she doesn't live in our state. That's pretty non threatening, right?

But then why is she blowing up his phone at 3am? If it were a single call, it wouldn't bother me. It's the fact that she kept calling and calling.

Why is this bothering me so much and what would you think if it were you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 08:24 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,242 times
Drunk dialing lol

Old 03-24-2014, 08:26 AM

She had no misspellings in her texts....

Also, if you were drunk dialing most people wouldn't just hang up right away--they'd speak to whoever answered, or ask to speak to who they were trying to call.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:32 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,380 times
So when you tell your bf are you going to tell him your ENTIRE role in this mess?

Old 03-24-2014, 08:34 AM

I don't see why not. I don't feel like I did anything wrong. I didn't snoop, and I wanted to make sure there wasn't an emergency.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:35 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberowl View Post
I don't see why not. I don't feel like I did anything wrong. I didn't snoop, and I wanted to make sure there wasn't an emergency.
Oh so the next day when you texted her again you were still confirming there wasn't an emergency?

Old 03-24-2014, 08:38 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,982 times
lol.

Your bf sounds similar to me. He probably never mentioned her because she's not in state anymore, especially if she went out of state before you and your bf met. There wouldn't really be a reason to mention her. I have a good female friend that lives out of the country and probably wouldn't mention her to anyone new that I have met because there wouldn't be a point.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
So when you tell your bf are you going to tell him your ENTIRE role in this mess?
I wouldn't be mad at my girlfriend for going this far personally but I would be just slightly annoyed she texted the girl fishing for clues.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Oh so the next day when you texted her again you were still confirming there wasn't an emergency?

Point.

I had mentioned to him yesterday that "your phone was blowing up last night someone kept calling you over and over" and all he did was mutter "no..it was on silent this morning" as if I must have been hearing things. Had he simply shrugged adn said "oh that was my friend amy drunk dialing--she moved out of state recently and hasn't made any new friends" i would have felt some releif.

By then my curiosity had simply been peaked as to why a girl I'd never heard of was calling my boyfriend repeatedly at 3am. I drink on ocassion, I worked nights up until a couple months ago, and I can't think of any male other than my boyfriend that I'd call that late at night.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberowl View Post
Point.

I had mentioned to him yesterday that "your phone was blowing up last night someone kept calling you over and over" and all he did was mutter "no..it was on silent this morning" as if I must have been hearing things. Had he simply shrugged adn said "oh that was my friend amy drunk dialing--she moved out of state recently and hasn't made any new friends" i would have felt some releif.

By then my curiosity had simply been peaked as to why a girl I'd never heard of was calling my boyfriend repeatedly at 3am. I drink on ocassion, I worked nights up until a couple months ago, and I can't think of any male other than my boyfriend that I'd call that late at night.
He denied he got calls and texts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships