Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 03:11 PM

589 posts, read 639,108 times

Advertisements

Staring at anyone is rude. I'm going through the same thing. This one girl stares a lot, then grills my female friends or any female I talk to. Different situation, but also very similar. Bottom line, staring is rude, it makes people uncomfortable, and it's inconsiderate. Him staring obviously makes you uncomfortable and it should, but it's also very rude on his part because someone may get pissed off at being stared at and say something to him. Obviously, it will not end well if that happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 03:19 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Sorry, I assume my husband admires a good looking women when he sees them, but I have no idea because I've never seen him checking one out, I've pointed out women I thought were attractive.

But it is disrespectful to stare or oogle. I would never do that to a guy I was with.

In the OP's case it is even worse. This guy is repeatedly making eye contact with the women. That is flirting and drawing attention to the fact that he is interested.

To me, this guy is trying to get some action going WHILE on a date with the OP.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-25-2014, 03:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Sorry, I assume my husband admires a good looking women when he sees them, but I have no idea because I've never seen him checking one out, I've pointed out women I thought were attractive.

But it is disrespectful to stare or oogle. I would never do that to a guy I was with.

In the OP's case it is even worse. This guy is repeatedly making eye contact with the women. That is flirting and drawing attention to the fact that he is interested.

To me, this guy is trying to get some action going WHILE on a date with the OP.
Sounds like maybe the OP is dating Ascension!

Old 03-25-2014, 03:49 PM

239 posts, read 596,079 times
I don't think there's anything wrong with a look at someone else. It's normal to find other people attractive. It doesn't bother me if SO casually looks at someone. However, there's a difference between a casual look, and a stare. If this guy is staring at other girls all the time, I'd be very careful.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:51 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Sounds like maybe the OP is dating Ascension!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-25-2014, 04:07 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Help train him to look the other way, and you do the same. Talk about it first. Say 'when you look at other women, I feel _____' and let the training begin if he's up for it.

It's normal to look, but to keep looking is entertaining thoughts in your head that aren't about your partner. That would make any partner feel insecure.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:07 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Who is this? Someone let me in on this inside joke?

Old 03-25-2014, 04:08 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Who is this? Someone let me in on this inside joke?
He was a troll who portrayed himself as a player.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:10 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's fine for you, but OP has said she is NOT ok with it. That's all that matters here.
I was presenting a differing viewpoint, from which OP or others may or may not glean something. If the expectation is simply to agree with any OP, then there's no point in having a forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Well, there's a wide divergence of opinion here, as I knew there would be.

Here's why this thread is valuable -- you guys are giving me the vocabulary to discuss this. I really didn't know how to broach the topic at all with him.

And also, i hope there are other people reading and not posting who will be helped by this discussion. I can't be the only putz out there in a flawed relationship.

Now, I won't see him for another couple of weeks, as we are in different places visiting family. It will give me a chance to decompress and get it together (should you need time to decompress in a LTR? valid question)

Thanks ever so much again.
I don't think you should need to decompress...often. I have to walk away from a situation occasionally to get better perspective on it, but if I found that necessary over and over, especially regarding the same situation, there is a bigger problem that needs to be addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I'd prefer a man who was better at multi-tasking - so he could hear and look at the same time!
We only have so much blood to work with at a given moment.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:31 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I was presenting a differing viewpoint, from which OP or others may or may not glean something. If the expectation is simply to agree with any OP, then there's no point in having a forum.
Likewise ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships