Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:45 PM

52,325 posts, read 52,791,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
well- since you asked- and this truly is beyond the basics- but it has always puzzled me why more women don't look for a man with basic handyman skills. It's a total turnoff to me when a man can't do things the most rudimentary household tasks like switch out a light fixture, fix a faucet, unclog a drain, hang a ceiling fan, replace brakes or do a tuneup on a car- seriously do you realize how many TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars you would save over a lifetime if he would just take the time to learn a few basic skills rather than pay someone else every time you need a picture hung? Yes women could learn these skills too- but you did ask about men. Sometime I watch HGTV shows like Renovation Realities and these guys just look so wimpy and pathetic to me not to mention clueless. I guess I just got lucky in my relationships- or maybe this was a higher priority on my list than other women place on it.

Judgy McJudgy post here

Good lord, one of the things beyond basics that I want in a woman is one who doesn't think like this....

I admit, I'm not the most handy man type out there but I can do stuff around the house but part of me doesn't want to waste my time, I've got other skills that are useful.... just cause some guys like to do bullshyt around the house like work on plumbing or tune up cars doesn't mean all men want to do that sort of thing in their time off. I can do many techie things that a lot of men can't and don't have the skill sets to do.

Your post is about the equivalent of men droning on about women needing to be baking pies, eager to do sewing and things like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,063,677 times
I love a guy who shows interest in things and has opinions. I don't want to feel like I'm dating a brick wall. Related, I love a guy who answers questions I ask about how he feels or what he thinks. I rarely ask but when I do, I expect an actual answer, not roundabout bullsh-t. I don't want to draw that kind of thing out all day either, trust me lol

I love a guy who can be silly because I'm bawk bagawk and can't deal with someone who's serious ALL THE TIME! Also can't deal with someone who can NEVER be serious. Balance baloney.

I love a guy who recognizes that women are humans, not porcelain dolls, so those "women are disgusting if they fart and they certainly don't use the bathroom and by the way, the mere mention of periods makes me want to puke" types can take a long walk off a short pier.

I love a guy who is secure enough in his manhood that he doesn't feel the need to joke about how gay he's not whenever he does something not labeled "manly".

I love a guy who appreciates my boyish side. I can be mega girly but I can also be a total guy. Haven't met a guy who was bothered by that yet and totally wouldn't jive well with a dude who was. Breasty McEstrogen, I am not.

Um... guys who blippety bloppety.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,916,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphonics View Post
I love a guy who shows interest in things and has opinions. I don't want to feel like I'm dating a brick wall. Related, I love a guy who answers questions I ask about how he feels or what he thinks. I rarely ask but when I do, I expect an actual answer, not roundabout bullsh-t. I don't want to draw that kind of thing out all day either, trust me lol

I love a guy who can be silly because I'm bawk bagawk and can't deal with someone who's serious ALL THE TIME! Also can't deal with someone who can NEVER be serious. Balance baloney.

I love a guy who recognizes that women are humans, not porcelain dolls, so those "women are disgusting if they fart and they certainly don't use the bathroom and by the way, the mere mention of periods makes me want to puke" types can take a long walk off a short pier.

I love a guy who is secure enough in his manhood that he doesn't feel the need to joke about how gay he's not whenever he does something not labeled "manly".

I love a guy who appreciates my boyish side. I can be mega girly but I can also be a total guy. Haven't met a guy who was bothered by that yet and totally wouldn't jive well with a dude who was. Breasty McEstrogen, I am not.

Um... guys who blippety bloppety.
Feel better?

Old 03-26-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Feel better?
*sipping my water*

Old 03-26-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
*sipping my water*
*eating my carrot*

Old 03-26-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
*eating my carrot*
*touching your carrot*

Old 03-26-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
*touching your carrot*
Hey! That's my last snack!

Old 03-26-2014, 09:21 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,055,189 times
Quote:
*touching your carrot*
get a room

Old 03-26-2014, 09:32 PM

48,565 posts, read 34,949,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
get a room
get a salad....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-26-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
get a room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
get a salad....
Don't give him ideas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships