Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 04:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,058 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!
My best friend(female) and I are both 19. We have known each other for about 7-8 years now.
Last year, I confessed my feelings to her, through text(bad move). I basically told her I couldn't
see her anymore because I love her and won't be able to see her anymore. This move was very
very random, as before this I never really had made any 'move' on her, although around 4 years ago
she did say that she was interested in me. I was drunk and was on a 'How I Met Your Mother'
Spree and somehow related to Ted never being able to have Robin. So I sent her that text. We both
ended up in the same college and same class. Initially, I was too embarrassed to talk about what had
happened so we both kinda ignored each other. But eventually we started talking and it seemed that she
ignored the message.
She always used to insult me, like really bad insults. I used to laugh it off and insult her back. Lately,
she has started insulting me more, more so when in the company of others.When we are alone she
does insult me, but we also have normal conversations unlike when in the company of others. Although
after insulting me she would immediately say "but you know I love you" and then smile.
She also has been extra touchy. She will insult me at one point and hug me the very next moment randomly.
I initially thought she disliked me, so I kept my distance from her, but she was always the one who
texted me first or made plans to hang out. She insults everyone, but me even more.
I'm not sure where she is going at. Some of my friends pointed out that she likes me. I'm really confused
here. Don't know what to make out her insulting me. Does she really like me or just thinks of me as a good friend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 05:08 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,858,542 times
lol

Old 03-25-2014, 06:21 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,646,399 times
I have never heard a description of a "best friend" quite like that one before...

Are you sure that you have an entirely realistic view of this relationship?

Old 03-25-2014, 06:26 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,078,580 times
In my opinion you should not consider her a friend let alone a best friend.
Friends do not insult each other then say I love you.

Find a new group of friends and it would probably be a good idea to get away from this girl.
Neither of you really has a good idea of what being friends is and you appear to have less than an idea of what a relationship is.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:52 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,979,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
In my opinion you should not consider her a friend let alone a best friend.
Friends do not insult each other then say I love you.
Is this real life? LOL

Good friends insult each other all the time, male and female. Me and my guy friends especially. If you don't believe me, just look at the txt message exchange between former Dolphin players Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin. A little warning, it's far from G-rated. That's pretty much how all good guy friends address each other. We can't go more than 5 minutes without one of us calling the other some type of vulgar insult.

My female friends and I insult each other all the time. When people are able to playfully insult each other, it means there's an unspoken comfort level.

You must be fun at parties...

Old 03-25-2014, 07:04 AM

122 posts, read 155,556 times
I think you're friendzoned. The only way to really know about it is to tell her in person how you really feel about her. and don't base your love life on a tv show, this is real life, although, it would be an honor for me if Barney Stinson is one of my close friends.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:34 PM

678 posts, read 1,061,727 times
She likes you alright...she likes to insult you and watch you take it. A woman tried to pull this on me in college and all it took was one time to embarrass the **** out of her and make her look like a fool and she went away. Seriously here's the deal...she actually does like you but she's too psychotic to deal with her feelings and she hates that...but she then takes that hate out on you not because you've done anything wrong but for two reasons, 1) she hates the fact that she doesn't know how to deal with what she feels about you and, 2) she doesn't know how to have an adult relationship so she's pushing you away.

Dude you better run away from this one as fast as you can. If you keep this woman around she will try to sabotage every potential relationship and/or friendship by "becoming friends" with any of your potential girlfriends or anyone who can potentially get closer to you than she can. Before you know it she will be spending all of her time with your "friend" or "potential girlfriend" and all of a sudden those people aren't around anymore.

I'm telling you dude you need to run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships