Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 08:59 AM

99 posts, read 135,310 times

Advertisements

Ok.. So I posted something the other day about the guy I'm talking to. We've been talking for 3 months and have not had 'sex', though he did preform oral sex. Yes I know oral sex is sex but it's not the same as you know, .. Sex.

Anyway, Sunday night I spoke to him and I kind of brought up the issue and his response was...He takes sex with me very seriously. He said he's not the hit it and quit it type and doesn't want to jeopardize anything. I've never have someone say this to me.. I've dated complete jerks in the past and I've cut of dudes who tried sleeping with me so soon.

Anyway, men, if you said this to a womN, could it be because you respect her and really truly see a future with her. ( I'm hoping that's what it is) or, can it be that you are not sure about your future with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 09:02 AM

867 posts, read 908,763 times
First post score!!!!!

I would say he sees the relationship as something serious.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:03 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Bill Clinton's legacy lives on.....

Old 03-25-2014, 09:13 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
I've said that to two girls my whole life and both times were because I thought it would lead to something serious.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:14 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Here's the thing Imagirl....you either trust someone you care about, or you don't.

BUT - trust does have to be earned.

So you don't want to just give away all your trust based on things people tell you.

3 months is a not a lot of time in which to really know someone.

So, slow down, give him the benefit of the doubt that he is telling you the truth, then sit back and watch how things unfold.

He's either very sincere and sees you as long term GF material OR he's not so sure how he feels about you yet but doesn't want to lose you until he is sure.

By spending more time together and closely observing whether or not his words and actions match up in other areas of his life, you will be able to determine what is going on here.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:21 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Ive never said that to any woman, but if I did (for some crazy reason) I guess, I would be genuine about it. I think.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:31 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagirlnamedk View Post
Ok.. So I posted something the other day about the guy I'm talking to. We've been talking for 3 months and have not had 'sex', though he did preform oral sex. Yes I know oral sex is sex but it's not the same as you know, .. Sex.

Anyway, Sunday night I spoke to him and I kind of brought up the issue and his response was...He takes sex with me very seriously. He said he's not the hit it and quit it type and doesn't want to jeopardize anything. I've never have someone say this to me.. I've dated complete jerks in the past and I've cut of dudes who tried sleeping with me so soon.

Anyway, men, if you said this to a womN, could it be because you respect her and really truly see a future with her. ( I'm hoping that's what it is) or, can it be that you are not sure about your future with her.
Talking to? You've been talking for three months?

Have you been on any actual dates? Are you seeing each other regularly? Are you a couple?

Old 03-25-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Talking to? You've been talking for three months?

Have you been on any actual dates? Are you seeing each other regularly? Are you a couple?
Yes, we've been on actual dates, spend time together but we haven't had an exclusivity talk or anything indicating we are an established couple.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:06 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagirlnamedk View Post
Yes, we've been on actual dates, spend time together but we haven't had an exclusivity talk or anything indicating we are an established couple.

Hmmm. Three months and he still doesn't know if he wants to be exclusive? Something is amiss. I wonder if he's dating other people.

By the three-month mark, every man I've ever had a relationship with has sealed the deal with exclusivity and locked it down in the bedroom. Most of them also declared their love by that point, too. That may sound fast to some, but my experience has been that most people who know what they want also know when it's right there in front of them.

If you can be patient, that's great, but I'd have written him off as non-operative after about six weeks.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Hmmm. Three months and he still doesn't know if he wants to be exclusive? Something is amiss.

By the three-month mark, every man I've ever had a relationship with has sealed the deal with exclusivity and locked it down in the bedroom. Most of them also declared their love by that point, too. That may sound fast to some, but my experience has been that most people who know what they want also know when it's right there in front of them.

If you can be patient, that's great, but I'd have written him off as non-operative after about six weeks.
Yea, every man prior to that for me as well, knew by then... But where are those relationships? ...... Exactly!

It's is early and he is very marriage minded so he may be different than most guys that want to seal the deal ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships