Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 06:25 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Jesus, when I first met my husband, we had our first three dates within ONE WEEK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yeah the good ones are like that. Lol
Not all. First time I met my guy we spent about 5 hours together - this was a weekend. The next weekend was our first true date. We spent the entire day together - about 11 hours. The next weekend - the same. He lives an hour away, so this is what worked best for us. Actually far more time than I had ever spent with anyone else that I had dated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 06:41 AM

718 posts, read 599,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rider View Post
I'd like to get some perspective on this. I met a lady back on Mardi Gras day (3/4) and we hit it off really well that evening. We've been on two more dinner dates since then that I felt went well. I really enjoyed her company and I would be interested in a relationship with this woman.

The problem is that things don't seem to be progressing properly. We've made out with each other during each date but she doesn't invite me inside afterwards. I don't want to waste my time. I'm thinking she is "on the fence" with me and probably is seeing someone else also. Is it time to write this off yet?
All this hoopla for a three minute shag from you? Go find a woman without self worth, you'll be perfect together.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:43 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jouster12 View Post
All this hoopla for a three minute shag from you? Go find a woman without self worth, you'll be perfect together.
You called?!!

Old 03-26-2014, 06:45 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
talk about being red carded.... do females have to pay for you taking them out...

Old 03-26-2014, 06:56 AM

718 posts, read 599,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
You called?!!
You made me LOL,thanks for that!

Old 03-26-2014, 06:58 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I still don't understand why men don't get this. Also, some women need to see that the man has enough emotionally invested in her, or that he's a good enough guy generally, that if they have sex, he'll attend to her needs. Women are at greater risk of being used sexually, than men.

We don't "get this" because it is horsecrap. There are good men and women, bad men and women. Men that use women for sex and women that use men for sex. In the emotional and sexual arena women are no weaker then men.

Women are not at greater risk to be used sexually. Both genders are at equal risk of being used and using others. It isn't like women are more benevolent beings or more emotionally fragile. That is an incredibly antiquated view that is demeaning to women and accusatory to men at the same time, and more importantly, misrepresents what goes on in the real dating world. Stop this victim crud, it isn't the real world. Lord knows that as adults there are just as many men used and discarded by women for sex or other reasons as vice versa.

Thankfully, there are lots of good people (the majority) of both genders as well. Most of us, hopefully, as we get older can figure out who those people are quicker than we could when younger and move on.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:06 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rider View Post
She did pay for the last outing and has taken some initiative in getting together.

It is OK for a woman to pay when things are more established. Expecting her to pay for early dating and then give you sex is a not a good idea. You need to court this woman like a gentleman.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:13 AM

527 posts, read 600,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
It is OK for a woman to pay when things are more established. Expecting her to pay for early dating and then give you sex is a not a good idea. You need to court this woman like a gentleman.
What a disgusting, sexist, antiquated mindset. Sex isn't something one person "gives" to another in exchange for meals or entertainment-- it's something two people enjoy together. It's 2014. Both men and women are capable of paying for dates, and both men and women get to enjoy sex.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:16 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
We don't "get this" because it is horsecrap. There are good men and women, bad men and women. Men that use women for sex and women that use men for sex. In the emotional and sexual arena women are no weaker then men.

Women are not at greater risk to be used sexually. Both genders are at equal risk of being used and using others. It isn't like women are more benevolent beings or more emotionally fragile. That is an incredibly antiquated view that is demeaning to women and accusatory to men at the same time, and more importantly, misrepresents what goes on in the real dating world. Stop this victim crud, it isn't the real world. Lord knows that as adults there are just as many men used and discarded by women for sex or other reasons as vice versa.
I highly doubt that equal risk comes into play with sex considering that it seems guys have a higher sex drive and generally more often than gals seek solely/mainly sex more than relationships it does seem that gals are at a greater risk to be used sexually. Gals don't seem to have much reason to lie, manipulate, etc to get sex as it seems quite readily available however guys do seem to have reason.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:19 AM

527 posts, read 600,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Women are not at greater risk to be used sexually. Both genders are at equal risk of being used and using others. It isn't like women are more benevolent beings or more emotionally fragile. That is an incredibly antiquated view that is demeaning to women and accusatory to men at the same time, and more importantly, misrepresents what goes on in the real dating world.
This times 1000.

The idea that women are more emotionally fragile and shouldn't be able to enjoy sex for the sake of sex is part of the double standard created to keep women subservient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships