Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 11:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't see any "Damn puritans with their judgmental crap" here. Okay I didn't read every single page - it's too damn long.
Oh, you missed some of the best snits!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 04:10 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,282,640 times
I read most of this thread but not all so I apologize if this was already addressed:

I would be interested to know how much communication took place before, in between, and after these 3 dates.
Also - How much time was it between the first and third date?

Old 03-27-2014, 04:27 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rider View Post
I'd like to get some perspective on this. I met a lady back on Mardi Gras day (3/4) and we hit it off really well that evening. We've been on two more dinner dates since then that I felt went well. I really enjoyed her company and I would be interested in a relationship with this woman.

The problem is that things don't seem to be progressing properly. We've made out with each other during each date but she doesn't invite me inside afterwards. I don't want to waste my time. I'm thinking she is "on the fence" with me and probably is seeing someone else also. Is it time to write this off yet?
Sounds like your not interested in a relationship at all. More like your interested in sleeping with her as fast as possible. I'm a young non-conservative guy and if I REALLY was interested in a relationship; how quickly I have sex with a woman would not even be a factor.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:32 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
OP isn't she the one who posted here asking if you were gay because after 3 dates you had not made the move to have sex ?

You've not been back in several days so maybe you got lucky on your 4th date or she dumped you.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:47 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
Sounds like you're not interested in a relationship at all. More like your interested in sleeping with her as fast as possible. I'm a young non-conservative guy and if I REALLY was interested in a relationship; how quickly I have sex with a woman would not even be a factor.
I think this pretty much sums up the whole thing.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:07 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
There's no guarantee that she's seeing other guys just because she hasn't had sex with him.

No, there isn't, but it is highly likely she has a FWB or FB, and I see nothing wrong with that. I have a fair number of female friends and date an ok amount, not a lot... never met a girl that REALLY loves sex (is horny and highly sexual) that isn't getting it somewhere, and if she isn't highly sexual / horny / really into sex, why date her? That isn't person you'd want to be in a relationship with anyway.

Oh, there will be the types that say "I'm highly sexual, I just need to trust/feel comfortable" uptight types or "I'm a love sex, with the right person, I'm not a sl*t" moralistic types... but in general those people aren't te get down and dirty I need or crave sex types... and that's fine if they're not, but no thanks to dating them and no chance in hell I'm going to be in a LTR with them.

Very little out there is sexier than an adult woman that states (through her actions), I love sex, I want sex, I'm going to go get sex, on her terms. Empowered women are sexy women.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:10 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
This isn't about chemistry. It's about being ready, emotionally and otherwise, to have sex. Chemistry can be all over the place...but if one person is not comfortable enough to go there yet, they aren't ready. I had chemistry up the wazzoo with my guy, on our first date. But he knew enough to wait until I wanted to go there. We've been together 4.5 years now.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:24 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Eh. To be honest, I think a guy that says he's interested in a relationship with someone but won't give her more than 3 dates is kind of an a-hole. But that's just me. Now, if we were talking months here - that would be different. But I can't imagine ditching someone you are interested in an actual relationship with after 3 dates. If you enjoy someone's company but are just looking for some casual fun - I totally get moving on after 3 dates. But if you are looking for something more serious, I think expecting her to have sex with you after 3 dates is a bit douchy. And I'm totally fine with you disagreeing with me on this. I'm not going to say this guy deserves to rot in hell over this - but I think if he was genuinely interested in her, he wouldn't be that upset after 3 dates.
I think the bolded is the big difference. IRL, people who a relationship, which encompasses a strong connection with someone on a mental, emotional, spiritual and physical level, know that it's not that easy to come by. When you find that, you don't throw it all away over not having sex on date 3.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:33 AM

179 posts, read 308,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, there isn't, but it is highly likely she has a FWB or FB, and I see nothing wrong with that. I have a fair number of female friends and date an ok amount, not a lot... never met a girl that REALLY loves sex (is horny and highly sexual) that isn't getting it somewhere, and if she isn't highly sexual / horny / really into sex, why date her? That isn't person you'd want to be in a relationship with anyway.

Oh, there will be the types that say "I'm highly sexual, I just need to trust/feel comfortable" uptight types or "I'm a love sex, with the right person, I'm not a sl*t" moralistic types... but in general those people aren't te get down and dirty I need or crave sex types... and that's fine if they're not, but no thanks to dating them and no chance in hell I'm going to be in a LTR with them.

Very little out there is sexier than an adult woman that states (through her actions), I love sex, I want sex, I'm going to go get sex, on her terms. Empowered women are sexy women.
Yes, and those women are usually not long term relationship material, because if you go out of town on business for 10 days, when you get back some other dude's d*ck will have been all over her.

You can't win. Unless you want to spend your life banging the next bar **** in line. You can either have a healthy marriage, OR a hot sex life, but not both, it seems.

I'm not saying that doesn't exist, but it's as rare as hen's teeth.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:34 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
Yes, and those women are usually not long term relationship material, because if you go out of town on business for 10 days, when you get back some other dude's d*ck will have been all over her.

You can't win. Unless you want to spend your life banging the next bar **** in line. You can either have a healthy marriage, OR a hot sex life, but not both, it seems.

I'm not saying that doesn't exist, but it's as rare as hen's teeth.
Sure they do. I married one. Yes, I'm confident she's never cheated. I can't say she didn't have some FWB types before we got serious, but she was fully open to a serious relationship with a guy and she wanted that guy to be able to rock her world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships