Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 04:19 PM

589 posts, read 638,872 times

Advertisements

Most people assume men do this to women, but anyone ever experience(or see) women doing it to men? I'm currently going through this and it's quite uncomfortable. The girl has to be around my age(I'm 23) and the staring is ridiculous. What's even worse is she grills my friends when they talk to me, especially my female friends. I'm not talking a quick glance, but rather full out grilling. It's at the point where other people are noticing and are coming up to me like "What's going on?" And I can't even give them an answer.

I've known the family since I've been in the country and they're nice people. But the staring is also at the point where it doesn't affect just me anymore. One of my friends got grilled with her parents 5 feet away and her mom wanted to rip the girl to shreds. I don't want to embarrass the girl, but I've had enough and my friends aren't liking it either. The only other option would be to go to her father and let him know what's going on. Because at this rate, someone is going to get pissed off and it's not going to be pretty.

So basically, is the better option to go to her father where I'd likely be calm, or just confront her instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 04:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Uhhhhhh she likes you dude...granted a tad stalkerish but she likes you.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Most people assume men do this to women, but anyone ever experience(or see) women doing it to men? I'm currently going through this and it's quite uncomfortable. The girl has to be around my age(I'm 23) and the staring is ridiculous. What's even worse is she grills my friends when they talk to me, especially my female friends. I'm not talking a quick glance, but rather full out grilling. It's at the point where other people are noticing and are coming up to me like "What's going on?" And I can't even give them an answer.

I've known the family since I've been in the country and they're nice people. But the staring is also at the point where it doesn't affect just me anymore. One of my friends got grilled with her parents 5 feet away and her mom wanted to rip the girl to shreds. I don't want to embarrass the girl, but I've had enough and my friends aren't liking it either. The only other option would be to go to her father and let him know what's going on. Because at this rate, someone is going to get pissed off and it's not going to be pretty.

So basically, is the better option to go to her father where I'd likely be calm, or just confront her instead?
Your relationship is between the two of you. If you have an issue with her, talk to her about it. Do not involve her father.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Uhhhhhh she likes you dude...granted a tad stalkerish but she likes you.

There's ways to show that without making multiple people uncomfortable. Just saying.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Your relationship is between the two of you. If you have an issue with her, talk to her about it. Do not involve her father.

There's no relationship. I've never had a conversation with her. But her dad may want to know before someone gets pissed off.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:35 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
What do you mean by "grilling"? She's interrogating women who talk to you? About what?

Why can't you tell her to back off, quit staring, go away? That you're not interested? With your dramatic phrases--"rip her to shreds," "grilling," "it's not going to be pretty"--it sounds like you might enjoy all the attention. If you truly don't, tell her to cut it out. You're both in your 20s. No need to involve Mom or Dad.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What do you mean by "grilling"? She's interrogating women who talk to you? About what?

Why can't you tell her to back off, quit staring, go away? That you're not interested? With your dramatic phrases--"rip her to shreds," "grilling," "it's not going to be pretty"--it sounds like you might enjoy all the attention. If you truly don't, tell her to cut it out. You're both in your 20s. No need to involve Mom or Dad.

She's giving dirty looks to anyone I talk to, especially my friends. If I confront her, I'm likely not going to be so calm. I've already tried ignoring her.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:39 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
There's no relationship. I've never had a conversation with her. But her dad may want to know before someone gets pissed off.
Maybe this is a "cultural" thing, but I am at a loss as to understanding the drama here.

The young lady in question sounds as though she may be mentally impaired in some way. If that is true, then you kindly ignore her and advise others to do the same.

If she is "normal" then you simply ask her to stop making folks uncomfortable with her questions about you. Then walk away.

This does not have to be a big deal unless you want it to be. Just don't feed the drama.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:40 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
whats wrong with simply ignoring her?

If shes merely staring, stop looking.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Maybe this is a "cultural" thing, but I am at a loss as to understanding the drama here.

The young lady in question sounds as though she may be mentally impaired in some way. If that is true, then you kindly ignore her and advise others to do the same.

If she is "normal" then you simply ask her to stop making folks uncomfortable with her questions about you. Then walk away.

This does not have to be a big deal unless you want it to be. Just don't feed the drama.

She's not at all mentally impaired. Point being is it's rude to stare at people, my friends are getting dirty looks, other people are noticing, and it's not right. And she hasn't said a word either. There hasn't been any questions asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships