Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:42 AM

1 posts, read 885 times

Advertisements

Should a man help out a women they are dating financially if they ask them to help pay there cell phone bill. The women I am dating ask me if I would pay her cell phone bill. I don't want to help pay for no women's bills can any one help me out with this should I help to keep the relationship going or bail out, because I feel if I do this she will ask again for me to help her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 04:51 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
LOL. My husband told me that's a common practice in certain communities. The women pretty much expect the men they are seeing to pay one or more of their bills. And the men do it, I guess because they are having sex with them.

It's kind of trashy. Don't do it.

Find a woman with a college education and a job. Tell your girlfriend you want a woman who can take care of herself.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:59 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdking View Post
Should a man help out a women they are dating financially if they ask them to help pay there cell phone bill. The women I am dating ask me if I would pay her cell phone bill. I don't want to help pay for no women's bills can any one help me out with this should I help to keep the relationship going or bail out, because I feel if I do this she will ask again for me to help her.
Well, I was dating a college woman with a job who had a financial catastrophe--her transmission died. I helped her out with it.

We wound up getting married and will celebrate our 31st anniversary this year. She told me only a few years ago that picking up the tab for her transmission was the first time a man had ever done anything for her that wasn't quid pro quo.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:01 AM

639 posts, read 678,699 times
Well when I hang out with girls that time I paid for the hotels and bars bills but not for them phone bills and etc....

Old 03-26-2014, 05:17 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Just the start of many more bills to come.

I would see if she is willing to change her spending habits in exchange for a one time or very infrequent assistance. If she is not willing to change and you want to stay in the relationship, it won't be about love, but need and she will take everything she can get from you.

And when you can no longer afford to pay all her bills?

Old 03-26-2014, 05:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
No, don't pay her cell phone bill. It's one thing to help out someone you have been dating a while in an emergency, but wanting to have a cell phone is not an emergency. It's a luxury. If she can't afford it, it's not the end of the world. And if you pay it now you're setting yourself up to pay more in the future.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:39 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
As one who works in finance, absolutely not. Really it is best not to combine bills and finances unless you are married. Way too much potential for drama.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:45 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Don't start anything you not willing to hold out with. Today it's the cell phone, tomorrow it's something else. You will go broke trying to take care of your bills and hers. Now if you can see yourself marrying this girl, then maybe help her out every now and then.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:47 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,791 times
I would have no problems helping out my girlfriend in a jam or an emergency. At the same time if I see that she is not trying to help herself I am really not interested in being anyone's sugar daddy.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:57 AM

718 posts, read 599,280 times
There is no "should." If you want to, then do it, if you don't, then don't. You said you don't want to pay a woman's bills, cellphone in this case, then don't. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships