Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 02:03 PM

99 posts, read 135,384 times

Advertisements

I'm not a man, but I'll suggest you act as if you're not even bothered by the rejection. Hi/bye, but don't go out your way to ignore her and certainly don't go out your way to notice her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 02:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagirlnamedk View Post
I'm not a man, but I'll suggest you act as if you're not even bothered by the rejection. Hi/bye, but don't go out your way to ignore her and certainly don't go out your way to notice her.
When I say I ignore her, I completely forget about her and act like she doesn't exist. It works.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:23 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I know guys get rejected more than women. This might sound like sour grapes on my part but if a woman rejected me I would avoid her and never speak to her again. Actually, I have done that 3 times. It would be awkward. Besides, who wants to be around the person who rejected them? I don't. To the men here, would you avoid a woman who rejected you?
I've certainly felt the awkwardness you are describing. But part of being a grown up human being is being able to hear the word "no" without falling apart or pouting or acting passive-aggressive about it. That just makes you look weak and immature. Rejection is part of life. The more graciously you handle it, the better.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:23 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
She wasn't polite or cool to me. Why should I take the high road?

Successful people don't ask questions like this. They just do the right thing.

Honestly, every time you type something on this forum it just wreaks of weakness. I don't understand how you don't go through your posts and say "man, I need to change my life"

Old 03-26-2014, 02:39 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
She told you where things are, honor her wish to be left alone. I wouldn't run and hide, but if there was no need to say anything beyond hello, don't.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:41 PM

718 posts, read 599,394 times
Quote:
I know guys get rejected more than women. This might sound like sour grapes on my part but if a woman rejected me I would avoid her and never speak to her again. Actually, I have done that 3 times. It would be awkward. Besides, who wants to be around the person who rejected them? I don't. To the men here, would you avoid a woman who rejected you?
I'm a female. Based on your posts, you are so negative it's no wonder you aren't in a relationship(though you say you don't want to be in one and want to focus on school, which is fine). Don't blame the opposite sex for where you are relationship wise, which is alone.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:41 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,605 times
Quote:
She wasn't polite or cool to me. Why should I take the high road?
Because other people's behaviors shouldn't impact you that easily with respect to how you want to be as a human being.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:43 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Nothing pisses entitled american women off more than when they see a man with either an asian or phillipino woman who they brought to the USA. Every guy that does this is one less guy off her spread sheet of guys to sort through, if enough guys do this then the american women will have to be humble and wont be able to afford to do so much rejecting.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouster12 View Post
I'm a female. Based on your posts, you are so negative it's no wonder you aren't in a relationship(though you say you don't want to be in one and want to focus on school, which is fine). Don't blame the opposite sex for where you are relationship wise, which is alone.
I am focusing on school now. I am talking about past rejections.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Nothing pisses entitled american women off more than when they see a man with either an asian or phillipino woman who they brought to the USA. Every guy that does this is one less guy off her spread sheet of guys to sort through, if enough guys do this then the american women will have to be humble and wont be able to afford to do so much rejecting.
You're about to be called bitter for this comment. Just giving you a heads up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships