Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 02:56 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
One of the women who rejected me befriended me today. This is a woman who told me to leave her alone. Of course, I honored that. Now she wants to be my friend. That brought everything back when I was moving on with my life.
Well,I don't know the circumstances of the rejection but it sounds to me like you can be friends. Personally that would make me feel better about the rejection, if it were me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 02:57 PM

718 posts, read 598,855 times
Quote:
One of the women who rejected me befriended me today. This is a woman who told me to leave her alone. Of course, I honored that. Now she wants to be my friend. That brought everything back when I was moving on with my life.
Molli has exceptional insight. If you accept her friendship, that's growth They'll be another women, she wasn't the right one.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:58 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I would rather be viewed as desperate AND be getting what I want in life than groveling to compete on a womans spread sheet of guys. I am not ashamed of being desperate so long as I am meeting the goals I want in life.

My ex wife actually commented on it once years ago when we were out and she was pretty pissed. She did say it was desperate but its also a threat to american women as well. If their hot type A guy cheats on them or leaves all their fall backs will have someone from over seas.
I mean, I personally don't care what people do.

My main question is, do you ACTUALLY have experience with dating these women? Do you understand their culture, how they grew up, their lives, their families?

Many people get into these situations and have no clue what they doing or what's going on in their lives. Trust me, dating someone from another country is a LOT more than simply saying "oh shes submissive" or "ah she cooks dinner". You've got to really understand how things function for it to work.

That's why I find most people who speak the way you are a bit pathetic. They don't know the first thing about the culture they're calling way better than America.

I also find it a bit ignorant about the people who hate on American women when there's so much diversity between them.

I don't know your story, but by the way you talk you sound very ignorant to dating someone from other countries. I could be way off, but it's definitely something you should really ask yourself before getting involved. There's a reason why these things are usually a disaster.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:58 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,071 times
Quote:
Part of me wanted to tell her to F**k off. Glad, I didn't though.
Glad you didn't too!

Old 03-26-2014, 03:03 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
I wouldn't run in the opposite direction. I'm not afraid of her. Just ignore her, like she isn't there. Simple.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Well,I don't know the circumstances of the rejection but it sounds to me like you can be friends. Personally that would make me feel better about the rejection, if it were me.
Mixed signals are confusing me though. What would possess a woman to want me to be her friend after telling me to leave her alone?

Old 03-26-2014, 03:11 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I mean, I personally don't care what people do.

My main question is, do you ACTUALLY have experience with dating these women? Do you understand their culture, how they grew up, their lives, their families?

Many people get into these situations and have no clue what they doing or what's going on in their lives. Trust me, dating someone from another country is a LOT more than simply saying "oh shes submissive" or "ah she cooks dinner". You've got to really understand how things function for it to work.

That's why I find most people who speak the way you are a bit pathetic. They don't know the first thing about the culture they're calling way better than America.

I also find it a bit ignorant about the people who hate on American women when there's so much diversity between them.

I don't know your story, but by the way you talk you sound very ignorant to dating someone from other countries. I could be way off, but it's definitely something you should really ask yourself before getting involved. There's a reason why these things are usually a disaster.
Why does the male in question have to be ignorant about the culture he is seeking to date in. Males that are rejected by american women can be extremely smart they just dont have the look or whatever it is that american women are looking for. It all boils down to finding a target rich enviornment and learning what you have to learn to make it work. Much easier to learn things and do what you need to do when women are clamoring to be romantic with you than grovel to get on a womans spread sheet and then court her for who knows how long while she is going down on one of the other 7 guys she is dating. Think im wrong, one woman came on here with her "delema" about what to do with the 7 guys she was dating and I think she was sleeping with one or 2 of them, sucks to be the other 6 guys buying dinners.

Why do men have to ask out 20 women to MAYBE get one to go out where he has to buy and the odds of getting head are slim to none, then suck up the constant rejection when women have spread sheets going. How is that healthy at all, if women had to deal with that they would be slitting their wrists.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:13 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,071 times
Quote:
Mixed signals are confusing me though. What would possess a woman to want me to be her friend after telling me to leave her alone?
Could she have heard that you dated that other gal in one of your classes and found out you are a nice guy? (talking about the hooter's gal)

Old 03-26-2014, 03:17 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Why does the male in question have to be ignorant about the culture he is seeking to date in. Males that are rejected by american women can be extremely smart they just dont have the look or whatever it is that american women are looking for. It all boils down to finding a target rich enviornment and learning what you have to learn to make it work. Much easier to learn things and do what you need to do when women are clamoring to be romantic with you than grovel to get on a womans spread sheet and then court her for who knows how long while she is going down on one of the other 7 guys she is dating. Think im wrong, one woman came on here with her "delema" about what to do with the 7 guys she was dating and I think she was sleeping with one or 2 of them, sucks to be the other 6 guys buying dinners.

Why do men have to ask out 20 women to MAYBE get one to go out where he has to buy and the odds of getting head are slim to none, then suck up the constant rejection when women have spread sheets going. How is that healthy at all, if women had to deal with that they would be slitting their wrists.
That answers my question dude.

Honestly, you seem to have pinned all of this on "American women", which is fine. The problem is that, with the way you responded... you proved to me that if you do decide to marry some Asian woman.. you are going to have some very serious problems in the future.

As I already stated, I don't care about your views. You're free to think and feel as you wish.. but as a guy who has dated quite extensively with foreign women.. you seem to have a lot to learn.

Maybe you should ask my mom's friend from work how his wife from Asia worked out. Or my uncle's wife from Laos. You only are talking like you do because you just don't seem to fully grasp it.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:30 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
I know guys get rejected more than women. This might sound like sour grapes on my part but if a woman rejected me I would avoid her and never speak to her again. Actually, I have done that 3 times. It would be awkward. Besides, who wants to be around the person who rejected them? I don't. To the men here, would you avoid a woman who rejected you?
That's just dumb. Sorry. No offense.

You like a woman, she rejects you ROMANTICALLY. Okay. BUT are you THAT hurt, that you can't talk to her anymore? Really??

Maybe she could be a good friend and MAYBE if she gets to know you as a friend, she might develop some feelings? And if not, maybe she has cute friends?

Most of my coworkers think that I am taken because I realized, once they get rejected by me, it is difficult to work with them, they act super bitchy around me. So I rather have them think I have a bf so they are much more casual aorund me and treat me like a buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships