Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 10:51 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-SSiPP View Post
Do you smile a lot?
I would say I don't smile more than I smile. But it's not like I'm never smiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 10:51 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
That is one reason why I adopted this stance - to keep myself from attracting just anyone. But it's like I can't turn it off.

As for sucky dates, it's not so much that the dates themselves have been sucky, it's that there has been no real connection or spark with the guys I've been out with. I feel...shut down. Like my heart is closed or something.
Its all perspective.

You date a lot, but are not satisfied with your dates.
Maybe your dates are not the ones who are the issue. Maybe you are looking for something that doesn't exist, or something that isn't realistic.

You have to be happpy and enjoy life from within, and not look for someone else to bring that to your life.

So interesting how there are some people who can date with no problem and are miserable.
Then there are people who can not date and are miserable.

Most of the time, both people would claim they have it worse.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:54 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Become more relaxed, open body language, smile..... all those good things. Also, being friendly with everyone makes you more approachable. Joking with the cashier, saying hi to people in the store.... if you look like you are having a good time people want to join in.
And there you have it!

Old 03-26-2014, 10:55 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,659 times
Quote:
I would say I don't smile more than I smile. But it's not like I'm never smiling.
Oh ok!

Old 03-26-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Its all perspective.

You date a lot, but are not satisfied with your dates.
Maybe your dates are not the ones who are the issue. Maybe you are looking for something that doesn't exist, or something that isn't realistic.

You have to be happpy and enjoy life from within, and not look for someone else to bring that to your life.

So interesting how there are some people who can date with no problem and are miserable.
Then there are people who can not date and are miserable.

Most of the time, both people would claim they have it worse.
I agree that you have to be happy and enjoy life from within first. I think that I probably have some unresolved "stuff" that has been blocking my ability to manifest what I will truly ENJOY in my life. When your energy is off, you still attract things and people, but those things and people aren't right for you.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
OP, it sounds like the men you're around are some real p***sies.

Most men i know of don't care and think it's more of a challenge to break through a woman the meaner she acts. They see through to her and get her to open up. Then Boom. Accomplishment.

Like some of the others have suggested, maybe try smiling more. I don't mean go around with a goofy grin on your face like the joker but practice friendly conversation with everyone. Even those you're not physically attracted to. If you stand with your arms folded, stop immediately.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
OP, it sounds like the men you're around are some real p***sies.
Some of them have definitely been that!

Old 03-27-2014, 01:08 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
I just got back in from my corner bar and the 4 single women there gave off the ehh Im into my cell phone vibe than anyone around me vibe. No smiling or anything that would get a man to give them a second look. They were not approached by anyone including me. A smile, a flirtatious look or wink would have gone a long way in that environment. Maybe a simple smile directed at an attractive man would open the door to someone who is interested.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:18 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Well...if you are successful with men, I think the "leave me alone" vibe is probably what works for you.
Great post.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:58 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I just got back in from my corner bar and the 4 single women there gave off the ehh Im into my cell phone vibe than anyone around me vibe. No smiling or anything that would get a man to give them a second look. They were not approached by anyone including me. A smile, a flirtatious look or wink would have gone a long way in that environment. Maybe a simple smile directed at an attractive man would open the door to someone who is interested.
This was the vibe I started getting when I was looking around in local bars too. I knew a couple of the women and knew they were single. They were just buried in their cell phones. I just chalked it up as the person(s) they were texting was more interesting/important than the people around them. Some areas just aren't as easy as other areas to get dates and/or meet people. You can smile and be nice all day, but it's still a crap shoot if it's going to be reciprocated or not. I shoot for being nice for myself and the people around me. You have to earn my trust in order for me to want to help you and expect nothing in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships