Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:20 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh yeah, the "good ole days"

I have the pleasure of knowing a WW2 vet and things were certianly different back then. Other aspects of life may not have been as good but dating for men was certianly not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 06:32 PM

867 posts, read 908,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I have the pleasure of knowing a WW2 vet and things were certianly different back then. Other aspects of life may not have been as good but dating for men was certianly not one of them.
Nah, I don't know how you know a WW2 vet since it WW2 was about 75 years ago but I'm pretty sure dating sucked for many men back then. Hell, I'm sure life in general sucked for many men back then. The only difference is there weren't message boards for all of them to sit around and complain about it. There is no other time I would rather live in then the present.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:34 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:

I don't know if you're right or not, but just focusing on whether life was better for half the population when it certainly was worse for the other half doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Beyond selfish, really.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
Nah, I don't know how you know a WW2 vet since it WW2 was about 75 years ago but I'm pretty sure dating sucked for many men back then. Hell, I'm sure life in general sucked for many men back then. The only difference is there weren't message boards for all of them to sit around and complain about it. There is no other time I would rather live in then the present.

No message boards in foxholes, eh?

Old 03-27-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I don't know if you're right or not, but just focusing on whether life was better for half the population when it certainly was worse for the other half doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Beyond selfish, really.
It lets you know where you stand in your society and what actions to take when certian sitautions arise. I know I would never defend this country, depending who was invading I may welcome them.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:40 PM

Most of us know where we stand in society. I've never had a problem with it.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:44 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
It lets you know where you stand in your society and what actions to take when certian sitautions arise. I know I would never defend this country, depending who was invading I may welcome them.
Thank you for not serving. The military does not need people like you.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Thank you for not serving. The military does not need people like you.
I was reading that the military is greatly sturggling with readyness for a major war, we have not fougth a major war since vietnam and even that was a 3rd world country. WW2 was the last true declaired war. This nation would crumble under a major war. We will watch it on TV from the middle of no where over drinks and if its russians invite them in for drinks and tell them to expadite the dismanteling of womens rights.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:59 PM

You really do seem to have an anti women agenda. It's no wonder you don't have luck with them.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
You really do seem to have an anti women agenda. It's no wonder you don't have luck with them.
I have luck with women who were in my situation. The women on these forums I have nothing in common with, most of them except Reana sit on their princess pedistal and acuse other of being mysoginitsts and have no interest in understanding the issues because they have men eating from their hand so what do they care. Why would I defend these people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships