Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree
I agree 11 26.19%
I disagree 23 54.76%
I'm on the fence, not sure 8 19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:44 AM

43 posts, read 35,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Haha, yes, that's a good way to look at it. I wish things had been different when I was younger and that I'd had better chances, but what can we do. Life is full of disappointments.
Its fine. Imagine how great your life would be without men approaching and trying to date you? Just friends and family and sex toys for that "itch" lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 09:54 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,182 times
Unlike women, Men are pretty easy to please. We're simple creatures.

Sleep with us and don't nag . Surprisingly this is very difficult for a lot of women to figure out. I don't think it's that women don't try, I think it's more that most women lack the understanding of how we work, just like most men don't understand what makes a women tick. The ones that figure this out are good at relationships.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:05 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Unlike women, Men are pretty easy to please. We're simple creatures.

Sleep with us and don't nag . Surprisingly this is very difficult for a lot of women to figure out. I don't think it's that women don't try, I think it's more that most women lack the understanding of how we work, just like most men don't understand what makes a women tick. The ones that figure this out are good at relationships.
Gee, what's in it for the woman that sleeps with you and doesn't nag?

Old 04-02-2014, 10:11 AM

30,992 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
I'm not completely sorry, just somewhat sad that I wasn't considered eligible to be loved. I have a wonderful daughter, though, so life has not been a total loss.
Is your daughter having any of the same issues you had?

Old 04-02-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Isn't that the deal: 'Men get a little somthin' and women get 'a little somethin + someone to nag' ..........I mean

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-02-2014 at 10:43 AM..

Old 04-02-2014, 10:41 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Is your daughter having any of the same issues you had?
NO. Amazingly, through some weird twist of genetics, my daughter is above-average in looks--and I'm not just saying that because I'm her mother. She never even went through an "awkward stage". LOL, and I really can laugh at this because it's happened so many times: People will see a picture of her and without thinking they gasp, "That's YOUR daughter?"

She is also only 5'8" tall, so she didn't have to deal with the horror of growing over six feet tall at the age of 14. She never had acne, and she has nice straight silky hair (mine is thick and coarse and wavy, always has been a problem.) Best of all, she's a good person. Compassionate and intelligent. She had a normal teenage life with a steady boyfriend and was in the color guard and class senate and went to the proms and all the good things normal kids get to do that I didn't get to do. I am so grateful for that. She graduated from college last year, broke up with the guy she had been seeing because they were going in different directions, and is dating right now. Because her dad is an alcoholic, I made sure she had some therapy after our divorce so that she wouldn't make the same mistake I made. She has a good relationship with him but knows his limitations.

One thing that I did learn, however, from raising such a child is that just because a girl is pretty and can have boyfriends, it doesn't mean that they don't have insecurities and self-esteem issues, too. That was a bit of an eye-opener for me.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
NO. Amazingly, through some weird twist of genetics, my daughter is above-average in looks--and I'm not just saying that because I'm her mother. She never even went through an "awkward stage". LOL, and I really can laugh at this because it's happened so many times: People will see a picture of her and without thinking they gasp, "That's YOUR daughter?"

She is also only 5'8" tall, so she didn't have to deal with the horror of growing over six feet tall at the age of 14. She never had acne, and she has nice straight silky hair (mine is thick and coarse and wavy, always has been a problem.) Best of all, she's a good person. Compassionate and intelligent. She had a normal teenage life with a steady boyfriend and was in the color guard and class senate and went to the proms and all the good things normal kids get to do that I didn't get to do. I am so grateful for that. She graduated from college last year, broke up with the guy she had been seeing because they were going in different directions, and is dating right now. Because her dad is an alcoholic, I made sure she had some therapy after our divorce so that she wouldn't make the same mistake I made. She has a good relationship with him but knows his limitations.

One thing that I did learn, however, from raising such a child is that just because a girl is pretty and can have boyfriends, it doesn't mean that they don't have insecurities and self-esteem issues, too. That was a bit of an eye-opener for me.
Lucky you That is so good to hear! As far as insecurities go, we all have them.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
A man that puts effort into the relationship. That's of course only if all the check boxes have been checked, and said woman is already in a relationship with a man.

I wouldn't complain. Imagine being a guy. The list of things we must do to maintain a relationship is 10 times that. I would love to know that I could be successful in almost any relationship by simply keeping a woman sexually satisfied and not complaining all the time.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:06 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
A man that puts effort into the relationship. That's of course only if all the check boxes have been checked, and said woman is already in a relationship with a man.

I wouldn't complain. Imagine being a guy. The list of things we must do to maintain a relationship is 10 times that. I would love to know that I could be successful in almost any relationship by simply keeping a woman sexually satisfied and not complaining all the time.
Maybe any woman you've been with wouldn't complain if you'd realize there is more to a relationship than sex??

Old 04-02-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Maybe any woman you've been with wouldn't complain if you'd realize there is more to a relationship than sex??
I've never been with a woman that complained all the time. I won't do it, but I know i lot of unhappy guys that do.

And yes, there is more to a relationship than sex, but without sex there is no relationship. No normal man will be happy in a relationship without regular regular sex. Show me a couple with a good sex life, and I'll show you a happy couple. Show me a couple with no sex life, and I'll show you a couple that has problems. That's pretty much the biggest sign that a relationship is over or that something is wrong. obviously this only applies to people that are capable of having regular sex. My parents probably don't have regular sex, but I know for a fact they did when they were younger because my mom had the talk with my sister when her husband left her. My sister told me the first thing my mom asked her was if everything was OK in the bedroom, which we both had a good laugh about, as my mom is normally pretty reserved when it comes to that kind of stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships