Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree
I agree 11 26.19%
I disagree 23 54.76%
I'm on the fence, not sure 8 19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:02 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times

Advertisements

My daily poll of the day, the natural part 2 to my thread yesterday. Do you agree or disagree?

Like yesterday this depends heavily on your thoughts on what "trying" and " success" is for females in the context of dating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 07:14 AM

639 posts, read 678,879 times
Again the same answer "Disagree"....

Old 03-28-2014, 07:34 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
My answer is pretty much the same just switching around the genders.

I disagree as in my opinion a gal can try and still be unsuccessful with guys no different a guy can try and still be unsuccessful with gals. I think most of the time when a gal is unsuccessful with guys she has a definition of success that she isn't attractive/appealing enough to attain in her environment no different than most of the time when a guy is unsuccessful.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:08 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
I went with disagree because I kid you not, when I am trying to find love, men seem to avoid me. When I am not looking, men seem to come to me. It's the darnedest thing: the harder I try, the less successful I am. I don't know about other women, but that's the way it is for me.

From the time I was 19-25 (and looking) I didn't have a single date. It was depressing--seemed like the more effort I put into finding someone, the harder it became. I met the man who is now my ex and fell for him and he eventually proposed. After I was engaged guys started coming on to me all the time--I was asked out more times in those two years than in my entire dating life before. Even after I was married, men hit on and flirted with me a lot. Kind of urks me in a lot of ways because (1) At the time I was getting all this attention, I didn't know the man who is my ex now was using me as a cover for his gayness and possibly for money (so I was pushing aside interested men for a man who could never love me--I only know this in retrospect of course) and (2) Where the heck were all those men during those lonely years when I felt lower than dirt because men overlooked me? Grrr...

Honestly, in retrospect, I think it was attitude. I was the same person with the same interests and emotions and I pretty much looked the same at 25 as I did at 24 or 23, etc. Maybe slight hairstyle changes... that's it. Really, the only thing that changed was I was happy (and no longer romantically frustrated) after I was engaged.

Recently I've decided to stop trying again (as in I am taking down my online profile and I am going to stop signing up for singles events like speed dating). I am thinking instead of wasting time at those kinds of events and such, that I will up a new hobby. I am considering deep sea fishing. I love being on the water, I've been fishing before (and it's fun in a relaxing, but anticipating catching something sort of way), and I like to eat fish. Win-win-win. I just need some basic lessons.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:00 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Disagree.

Not all the time, relationships and potential ones falter all the time. Humans are constantly changing, as are their feelings. You can't dwell on past failures and the fact you are having bad luck in love, all it will do is bring you down. Focusing too much on it can mess you up emotionally. I am a witness to that. When it comes to finding the REAL or letting the REAL thing find you, you are better off living your life as you usually do until it happens.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:43 AM

32,658 posts, read 48,053,996 times
I just automatically disagree with anything you say, OP.

(It takes 2 people to make a relationship and one person can't be responsible for the whole thing. But, yes, there is some effort that needs to be put in to any relationship))

Old 03-28-2014, 11:45 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
My daily poll of the day, the natural part 2 to my thread yesterday. Do you agree or disagree?

Like yesterday this depends heavily on your thoughts on what "trying" and " success" is for females in the context of dating
I stick with my opinion. I disagree. A man can approach women and can still fail.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:31 PM

318 posts, read 639,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

Women do not have to try anything in order to attract a man. A woman does not have to approach men in order to get a date, so I disagree. Even ugly as hell women do not have to approach a man first in order to get a date because many times I have seen men with extremely low standards trying to holla at women who look like they got hit with every branch of the ugly stick.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:35 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
disagree. Trying at anything does not automatically equal success.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:14 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
Women do not have to try anything in order to attract a man. A woman does not have to approach men in order to get a date, so I disagree. Even ugly as hell women do not have to approach a man first in order to get a date because many times I have seen men with extremely low standards trying to holla at women who look like they got hit with every branch of the ugly stick.
I don't know how it is where you're from, but here even some of the really fine-looking women don't get approached. It's not so simple. Women do have to try. Men have to try. It takes 2 to tango.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships