Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 12:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post

Well, that's fine. As long as you accept that other people may think there is a sexual component, without being immature, then we agree.
To be honest, if a guy was making comments like the ones in the OP, I would think he had never seen a naked woman or had sex before. Obviously, the OP's husband has seen a naked woman and has had sex before - but those kind of jokes would make me think otherwise. And, yes, they do seem like immature jokes.

We don't have to agree on this. And I have a feeling that if you had more life experience in this area - you might see things differently.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:55 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Um, what you fail to understand is that these exams are very invasive and many people feel violated after them and during them.
Sure I do, and again, the OP needs to tell her husband how she feels, if it is so offensive to her.

But until that is established, there is nothing immature about discussing these feelings with her in private.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:58 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Sure I do, and again, the OP needs to tell her husband how she feels, if it is so offensive to her.

But until that is established, there is nothing immature about discussing these feelings with her in private.

Again, this shows a lack of real life knowledge about being in a relationship. If I had to verbally hear something made my partner uneasy in order to know not to do it, I would never have any luck.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
And, yes, they do seem like immature jokes.
Why? Once you get to a certain age you can't have sexual feelings anymore?

The immature aspect would be continuing to bother her about it once she says the experience is negative for her and she doesn't want to hear about any sexual feelings he may have regarding the situation.

Having the feeling, by itself, is not immature. Nor is discussing it with her in private.

Quote:
We don't have to agree on this.
As long as you agree that my disagreement doesn't make me immature or not as good as you, no I don't have any problem with your disagreement.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:59 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Uh, no one suggested anyone thought assault is funny or erotic. We're talking about medical exams.
And I hope you're aware that a medical professional touching a client with sexual intent (such as is the basic conceit behind the "hot gynecologist," "hey, did you get excited at the OB-GYN" variety of crass jokes) ABSOLUTELY would constitute sexual assault (not to mention medical malpractice).

Old 03-31-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Again, this shows a lack of real life knowledge about being in a relationship. If I had to verbally hear something made my partner uneasy in order to know not to do it, I would never have any luck.
Really? So if you think your partner looks sexy while sitting in her chair in a college class, and you are both 40, would you choose not mention this because it is immature to feel that way and it is immature to tell her she looks sexy?

Obviously, you are right that once she tells him it hurts her, he should stop.

However, before she tells him that, he wouldn't necessarily know that hearing that is something that hurts her.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Why? Once you get to a certain age you can't have sexual feelings anymore?

The immature aspect would be continuing to bother her about it once she says the experience is negative for her and she doesn't want to hear about any sexual feelings he may have regarding the situation.

Having the feeling, by itself, is not immature. Nor is discussing it with her in private.

As long as you agree that my disagreement doesn't make me immature or not as good as you, no I don't have any problem with your disagreement.
You don't get it - and I don't think you can - because you haven't had sex. Your view on sex is something hypothetical. Your view on relationships is hypothetical. Your feelings about sexuality are based on never actually experiencing sex. This is why you do not see these jokes as immature and most of the rest of us do. I have never said that you are not as good as I am - but when it comes to relationships, you do lack maturity because you lack experience. This doesn't make me better than you - simply more experienced than you. Obviously - when you have a vast difference in levels of experience - you might have vastly different points of view. To me, these jokes are akin to the jokes that 6th graders would make because they have never seen boobies or a vagina.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
And I hope you're aware that a medical professional touching a client with sexual intent (such as is the basic conceit behind the "hot gynecologist," "hey, did you get excited at the OB-GYN" variety of crass jokes) ABSOLUTELY would constitute sexual assault (not to mention medical malpractice).
Of course, unwelcome sexual touching is assault. But again, we're not talking about that. We're talking about a routine medical exam. No threatening medical conditions detected, no forced sexual intent on the part of the practitioner. I don't know why you are bringing up these hypothetical situations which seemingly bear no relevance.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:08 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
In my experience, most military personnel, male and female, are able to joke in serious situations, yes. I have all kinds of funny stories like that. It doesn't make us immature. That's just human nature.

Some even have sex while deployed in dangerous situations such as combat. I guess you would say that's immature and not appropriate behavior, and technically the UCMJ would agree (in theory there is supposed to be "good order and military discipline" I believe is the wording), but in practice nobody cares as long as it is consensual and not occurring between officer and enlisted. Again, just human nature. Like Anna-Lucia said on Lost, "well, she's hot, you're hot. It's what people do."
Oh, trust me, both my husband and I are well aware of the immaturity and bad decisions of sailors...a massive part of his job description lies in overseeing disciplinary proceedings. He "gets to" watch people with little-to-no judgment screw up their careers and those of others depressingly often and assess what will then happen to them. Most of them DO evidence more common sense than you are currently showing, however.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:08 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Really? So if you think your partner looks sexy while sitting in her chair in a college class, and you are both 40, would you choose not mention this because it is immature to feel that way and it is immature to tell her she looks sexy?

Obviously, you are right that once she tells him it hurts her, he should stop.

However, before she tells him that, he wouldn't necessarily know that hearing that is something that hurts her.

Again, a draw dropping WHAT? Who said anything about telling a partner she looks sexy? Since when has anyone considered a person telling their partner they look sexy immature? And how would we be 40 and both sitting in a college class together? I probably wouldn't say anything like that to anyone in a college class with other people sitting around.

Seriously, dude, what the hell are you thinking or talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships