Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 11:47 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
This sounds too complicated and I will leave this conversation now. I think I will stay single until I graduate from college. People act like getting a girlfriend is the easiest thing in the world.

How is it you managed to ask a girl out yesterday?

What is so complicated about making conversation or getting to know others at a common activity as a way to break the ice before asking someone out? Maybe you'd have less rejections if you took the time to get a feel for a woman before asking her out.

It makes sense that walking up to strangers and asking them out isn't going to have a high success rate. They don't know you! You really don't have the right to complain about how hard done by you are when you take an approach that has a slim chance of working and anything else is just too much effort for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 12:51 PM

663 posts, read 777,746 times
Quote:
I have approached women before. All ended in rejections. To be honest, I don't what the hell I am doing. So I stopped.
Every guy can be labeled a creep.

If Mark Zuckerberg who was unknown to a random girl and he tried to approach her, he would be labeled a creep simply because he is probably nerdy looking and not social.

If Bill Gates tried approached a random girl and she didn't know who he was, he would be labeled a creepy old guy. In fact, she would run away and then tell her friends, "zomg a creeep tried to talk to me today!"

So for women...relationships are very much situation/emotion based.

If a rich wealthy guy, such as Mark Zuckerberg, made a bad mistake on the first date. (e.g. making a homo joke or tried to make out with a girl at the end of the date) He would be out.

Despite him being
-Stable
-Driven
-Wealthy
-Level headed

Old 04-02-2014, 02:50 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's not as difficult as some are making it out to be, either.
I find it difficult. I'm poor, out of shape/ugly, have a weird personality, am not sexually aggressive, and must know someone (or know of them) for months or years before I know if I would want a relationship with them.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:20 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's not as difficult as some are making it out to be, either.
Yet if it was as easy as some on here wish us to believe then there would be a whole lot less posters on this forum. So obviously for some it comes easily but for others, like myself, it is painstakingly difficult.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:13 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
The actual question went over most people's heads. The only answers I heard alluded to fears of men (players, Shallow Hals, and such). Beyond that, here is why I think many (probably not "most") women seem uninterested in men:
Higher physical standards (another bad consequence of feminism)
Narrowed gap between male and female earnings
Probably more opportunities to socialize with female friends, online and maybe offline
More enmeshment with moms and pets
Intellectual stimulation from online discussion
Sex toys (yeah, I went there)
Need for attention met online, via sites such as Facebook and YouTube

Basically, in the past, women needed men for economic support and (if outgoing) attention and probably some of their intellectual and emotional needs. Now there isn't much use for men other than good genes.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:04 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The actual question went over most people's heads. The only answers I heard alluded to fears of men (players, Shallow Hals, and such). Beyond that, here is why I think many (probably not "most") women seem uninterested in men:
Higher physical standards (another bad consequence of feminism)
Narrowed gap between male and female earnings
Probably more opportunities to socialize with female friends, online and maybe offline
More enmeshment with moms and pets
Intellectual stimulation from online discussion
Sex toys (yeah, I went there)
Need for attention met online, via sites such as Facebook and YouTube

Basically, in the past, women needed men for economic support and (if outgoing) attention and probably some of their intellectual and emotional needs. Now there isn't much use for men other than good genes.
Yeah sometimes it seems that women aren't that interested in men for themselves...

Old 04-06-2014, 06:09 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
It might be a gold mine. But half the female population is taken here.
And half the female population isn't taken. Why are you focussing on the half that's taken, and using it as an excuse to not get to know your fellow students? Do you do anything on campus besides go to class? Have you tried joining any clubs, newspaper staff, sports, or other activities? When you're involved in a group activity, you can't avoid talking to the women there. Easy practice socializing.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:15 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
Are you as a White guy open to racial miscegenation with foreign women from Philippines and Thailand ?

Old 04-06-2014, 06:46 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Ruth is black (Actually, yeah, he used a dubious phrase.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Yeah sometimes it seems that women aren't that interested in men for themselves...
To be fair (and getting off-topic), men's interest in women is shallow in its own way. People coupling mainly for personality seems largely fantasy.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:39 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Every guy can be labeled a creep.
Sure. Just like every guy can be labeled gay, and every girl can be labeled a gold-digger.

What matters is, is the label true? And do you have reason to care?

Quote:
If Mark Zuckerberg who was unknown to a random girl and he tried to approach her, he would be labeled a creep simply because he is probably nerdy looking and not social.
From what I have heard, he is a creep -- giant issues with women, unethical, etc.

Quote:
If Bill Gates tried approached a random girl and she didn't know who he was, he would be labeled a creepy old guy. In fact, she would run away and then tell her friends, "zomg a creeep tried to talk to me today!"
Old dude is old.

Quote:
So for women...relationships are very much situation/emotion based.
Looks like it's the opposite. For women, it is logic based. You are having an emotional response: You think they should date creeps and old guys just because they are rich. This is not logical, because women are looking for things other than money.

Quote:
If a rich wealthy guy, such as Mark Zuckerberg, made a bad mistake on the first date. (e.g. making a homo joke or tried to make out with a girl at the end of the date) He would be out.
Of courser. And he should be. Who wants to date a guy with issues?

Quote:
Despite him being
-Stable
-Driven
-Wealthy
-Level headed
If you think he is so hawt, you can date him. Be thankful to all the women who rejected him and left him available for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships