Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 09:49 AM

746 posts, read 866,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post
Even if you only want one, you're more likely to find that one with a larger number to choose from.

Oh, and to answer the OP's question: College. Or high school, if you're still 18.
I would think the more people the better chances too. Both for making friends and finding a girl. If I'm lonely and miserable it'll be hard to focus on work anyway. This makes me think should I go to a party school? Should I join the Greek life? Especially since I'll have to transfer from a community college and the fun and socialness dies down? Are party schools actually advertised as party schools or just called that by students? I would assume they're just called that by students.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:54 AM

2,203 posts, read 3,360,937 times
College, college towns, part time jobs that employ lots of students, recreational sports.

Summer is coming up. Enroll in one community college class and apply for a part time job that employs lots of students (fast food, life guarding, swim instructor).

Old 03-29-2014, 10:13 AM

527 posts, read 600,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
First of all, not in my old high school, its not like in movies and TV where there are a handful of people who will become your friend and a few girls who want to be with the nerd guys. This is real life and my old school was not close to the kind portrayed in movies and TV. Second I am now in a high school where there is literally barely anyone. Like less than 10 students AT MOST. After lunch there's maybe 3 and by 2:00 either just me or me and this one guy unless he's not at school that day. Socially it sucks (except it made me a few friends), academically it has allowed me to get my work done and I'm almost done (I'm kind of happy and not happy about that).
Believe it or not, the high school I attended also existed in real life and not in the movies or on TV, so we have something in common! I'm just saying, at your age, you're not going to find a better place to meet people than school. You asked a question and I answered it. I'm sorry if you don't like the answer.

Also, what kind of high school has "less than 10 students at most"? Even in isolated rural areas there are usually way more people than that at an entire school. And while we're at it, how do you not know the exact number of students at your school if it's in the single digits? This is all very bizarre.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:18 AM

527 posts, read 600,440 times
Quote:
College is very expensive!
You asked for the best places, not the cheapest ones.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:35 AM

867 posts, read 909,348 times
Quote:
I would think the more people the better chances too. Both for making friends and finding a girl. If I'm lonely and miserable it'll be hard to focus on work anyway. This makes me think should I go to a party school? Should I join the Greek life? Especially since I'll have to transfer from a community college and the fun and socialness dies down? Are party schools actually advertised as party schools or just called that by students? I would assume they're just called that by students.
So, I gather you have made a good decision and decided to go to a community college. That's good. So, now your goal is to transfer to a four year institution. Now you want to know if you should transfer to a party school. I would say no. Not because it's a party school but nothing will make you feel more socially isolated than being around of students who go to school just to party i.e. you won't hang son. At least if you go to a more reputable four year school you can bond with students over things like your studies.

OK, here is a problem some guys have: they don't plan. What you need to do is make yourself plans and goals and go for it.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:55 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
OP, I have a small piece of advice for you. Train yourself to think and say "get into a relationship with a woman", instead of "get a girl". It will make a subtle shift in your attitude and that shift will make you a more attractive man.

If you really want to "get a girl", I heard that you can buy them from a catalog in the Philippines and have them imported.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:04 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
College is very expensive!
Nobody is saying you have to go to Harvard. Don't you have any local state schools or junior/community colleges in your area? Those are usually a cheaper route. Because once you get out of school and get into the real world and start working, it gets harder to meet women. You're probably not going to be around that many attractive, available, single, women again in your life.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Nobody is saying you have to go to Harvard. Don't you have any local state schools or junior/community colleges in your area? Those are usually a cheaper route. Because once you get out of school and get into the real world and start working, it gets harder to meet women. You're probably not going to be around that many attractive, available, single, women again in your life.
So the best ways to meet women is college and dating sites right? I don't have a problem with those ways.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:09 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
So the best ways to meet women is college and dating sites right? I don't have a problem with those ways.
Why do you want to meet women anyway?

Old 03-29-2014, 11:11 AM

Oh and guys my mom apoarently thinks I need to live at home the whole time I'm in college. Even if it's an hour away from home. Don't you think that'd be weird? My dad probably wouldn't like that. Even if it wasn't a problem to drive why would I want to drive and waste that much gas (2 hours) every single day? Why waste that much time and money when I should be living out of home anyway. Besides if I can go to Texas A&M and live in college station my doctor is in town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships