Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2014, 05:56 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Hmm.

I suspect the presence of supporters of the evil "childfree philosophy" are posting on this thread. It is the idea that the human race should end itself by choosing to end all human reproduction. It disgusts me.

Therefore I feel it is important for someone to affirm life and humanity here.

Life is rare and beautiful and precious. Intelligent life even more so. We, as the most intelligent species on this planet, are morally obligated to continue to reproduce, so a human presence remains here to protect life on earth and provide for the stewardship of it.

Therefore we want children to be born. Becoming a parent is a sacred act. Everyone who can have children,is in a good financial and logistical position to do so, and feels that they would be a good parent, should do so. The rest of us are obligated to support them.
No we aren't. Pay for your own kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 07:30 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Hmm.

I suspect the presence of supporters of the evil "childfree philosophy" are posting on this thread. It is the idea that the human race should end itself by choosing to end all human reproduction. It disgusts me.

Therefore I feel it is important for someone to affirm life and humanity here.

Life is rare and beautiful and precious. Intelligent life even more so. We, as the most intelligent species on this planet, are morally obligated to continue to reproduce, so a human presence remains here to protect life on earth and provide for the stewardship of it.

Therefore we want children to be born. Becoming a parent is a sacred act. Everyone who can have children,is in a good financial and logistical position to do so, and feels that they would be a good parent, should do so. The rest of us are obligated to support them.
This post is so ignorant, Floyd Mayweather could read it and tell how messed up it is.

As a childfree guy, being childfree is not about completely stopping human reproduction. It is about making a choice not to reproduce yourself and only that. It is about having that CHOICE to not have children.

I am not obligated to support a g*#damn thing about people who don't live at my house, thank you very much.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:24 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
This post is so ignorant, Floyd Mayweather could read it and tell how messed up it is.

As a childfree guy, being childfree is not about completely stopping human reproduction. It is about making a choice not to reproduce yourself and only that. It is about having that CHOICE to not have children.

I am not obligated to support a g*#damn thing about people who don't live at my house, thank you very much.
For every person/ couple that doesn't have kids, there are tons and tons that do.... we have no issues in that department, as far as I know, I know China had issues with too many people and instituted a one child policy, so I doubt that the small percentage of people who don't have kids is gonna cause Rome to fall, if you know what I mean....

Old 09-19-2014, 08:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post

Exactly. I'd also add that being childfree doesn't mean one hates or even dislikes kids. I don't call myself childfree but am okay not having kids.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:46 PM

281 posts, read 327,546 times
This has been a fascinating thread to read. Took me about two days to go through it all. Thought I'd add my two cents in. Full disclosure: I am a 45 year old, divorced male with no children.

I don't understand all the issues guys have with dating single moms. At my age, focusing solely on women who have no kids eliminates at least three quarters of the dating pool. It may be different for the younger crowd but not my age group. As for baggage. Doesn't matter if you are single, divorced, have kids or not. We all have baggage. It's how we carry it that makes the difference.

As for me. I'm all for the yummy mommies.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:09 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmbpmp View Post
This has been a fascinating thread to read. Took me about two days to go through it all. Thought I'd add my two cents in. Full disclosure: I am a 45 year old, divorced male with no children.

I don't understand all the issues guys have with dating single moms. At my age, focusing solely on women who have no kids eliminates at least three quarters of the dating pool. It may be different for the younger crowd but not my age group. As for baggage. Doesn't matter if you are single, divorced, have kids or not. We all have baggage. It's how we carry it that makes the difference.

As for me. I'm all for the yummy mommies.
Some men just don't like being around kids.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:00 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Those aren't asinine claims they are things people have said to me. Not one childless person I know who married a parent is still married or even happy, not one. I'm sure it's different if the kids are grown or in cases like widowed but definitely not when there are young kids and the parent is still around. There are stats out there about the divorce rates and they are high for these marriages.
Well, you can add me. I married my husband and he has kids, 3 and a step from a previous marriage who is very close to.

Sure it takes adjusting, I had never had kids before, and sometimes I think it sucks.

But most of the time it's great. The kids are awesome, well behaved, respectful and we have fun together. I get along with my husband's ex wives (both of them. /lol), and there is very little drama.

No one is taking my money.

But if people don't like being around kids, then they are wise NOT to date people with children. Seems a no-brainer.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-21-2014, 11:54 AM

894 posts, read 1,050,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Some men just don't like being around kids.
I think that sums it up perfectly. It's just a matter of preference, there's really no need to even have a huge debate. Guys who like kids or have kids of their own won't have a problem dating a woman with children. Guys who aren't into kids or don't want any will. There's no wrong or right, or better or worse, everyone has the right to make their own choices.

As a woman, I don't mind if a guy has children, but I prefer kids who are age 6 and up. I don't like babies or toddlers, they annoy the crap out of me, but I like kids who are old enough to take out and do fun things with.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:26 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,239,454 times
Dating is about the dating and relationship partner. Not the kid. People want the snuggle time, the activity partner, the conversation partner, the sexual interest. Not the kids.

I don't really like being around kids for long periods of time. I was an only child, not a very outgoing kid and as a result had trouble relating to other kids even when I was a kid. I hung out more with adults so my social like was much better with others as a young adult and adult. I still have trouble connecting with kids for sustained periods of time & I get tired of dealing with them.

People say it's different with your own kids and maybe that'll be true for me, but I really don't want to be a father figure to kids that are not mine.

So if she's a single mom, she really has to be a lot better than women who don't have any for me to tolerate her kids.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:34 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post
I think that sums it up perfectly. It's just a matter of preference, there's really no need to even have a huge debate. Guys who like kids or have kids of their own won't have a problem dating a woman with children. Guys who aren't into kids or don't want any will. There's no wrong or right, or better or worse, everyone has the right to make their own choices.

As a woman, I don't mind if a guy has children, but I prefer kids who are age 6 and up. I don't like babies or toddlers, they annoy the crap out of me, but I like kids who are old enough to take out and do fun things with.
I agree with you, it is the people who are making judgements on single mothers which I don't like. And also the people who have the hidden agenda that they think all humans should stop reproducing.

I have a female friend from high school who got married to someone we knew from high school. He divorced her in favor of a younger woman, and she is a single mom now. Many posting in this thread would no doubt find some fault with her, but I think she's a great person and seems like a great mom. I don't have any romantic feelings for her although she is beautiful. But I think a lot of single mothers are in that boat.

If they were doing something morally wrong like doing drugs or abusing the kids, they wouldn't have custody. So I think the fault is that of the male, most of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships