Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 04:18 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I decided to approach a woman for the 4th time in my life. She was incredibly attractive. I was shocked to find out she was single. To my surprise, she said yes when I asked her out (we are going out this weekend). During our conversation, she told me "guys don't really ask me out." I always thought women who were beautiful were taken. Usually, I am scared to talk to attractive women. But this time, I wasn't afraid. When she said yes, all my cynicism went away. I actually felt...confident. Guys, has this happened to you? Is it normal?
Of course. Makes you feel like a take charge, get things done kind of guy who gets results. Those are are the kind of men women find attractive not coincidentally.

I'm not totally surprised she doesn't get asked out much. It's kind of lost art these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 04:19 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Definitely not where I live. If she is attractive, there's a very good chance that she is either:

1. Married with kids
2. been knocked up at least twice.
3. So batsh*t crazy that you don't even want to get to know her anymore.

It's almost a guarantee that if I run into a woman whom I find attractive, she's categorized into one of those 3 above.
That sounds like a pretty terrible place to live.

Is there a reason you stay? Really good job?

Old 04-02-2014, 04:23 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah right, hahah

This is just what moms tell their sons who are too afraid to talk to a girl. In reality, hot ones are hit on constantly.
Lol, exactly. I don't know where these people live were attractive women are just ignored by men. Maybe dudes in houston just have bigger stones, because where I live dudes are constantly hitting on hot chicks.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:23 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Some say that as a test to see how you'll react and what you say.

Sorry, but if a girl says that to me, I'm respectful enough to assume she does have a boyfriend and will back off completely. I despise game playing to the max.
I hate when women do that. Be honest smh!

Old 04-02-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You should never place your value and self-worth in the hands of anyone else. A yes is a nice boost, a no might suck, but it shouldn't change who you are, or have you living on a roller-coaster of emotions based on whether or not you get what you want from others.
Easy to say when women for the most part are not expected to approach and ask men out. All the pressure is on the man, so I can see how guys would be discouraged by being turned down their whole life, and vice versa guys who have a lot of confidence with women is because usually they've been successful with women for most of their lives.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:29 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, exactly. I don't know where these people live were attractive women are just ignored by men. Maybe dudes in houston just have bigger stones, because where I live dudes are constantly hitting on hot chicks.
The girls I date get hit on pretty often. Now, maybe I just date ugly girls and no guys are afraid to approach them and I'm the only one in the world who thinks they're hot?

Old 04-02-2014, 04:34 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Easy to say when women for the most part are not expected to approach and ask men out. All the pressure is on the man, so I can see how guys would be discouraged by being turned down their whole life, and vice versa guys who have a lot of confidence with women is because usually they've been successful with women for most of their lives.
Ya past success gives you validation

Old 04-02-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm going to be brutally honest here. I don't know any extremely attractive women that are never or rarely approached. Maybe things would be different if I hadn't lived in a major city - but I can't think of any of my friends that are extremely attractive that have not gotten hit on more than a few times.
I think this is the second time this week we've agreed on something.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:03 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I decided to approach a woman for the 4th time in my life. She was incredibly attractive. I was shocked to find out she was single. To my surprise, she said yes when I asked her out (we are going out this weekend). During our conversation, she told me "guys don't really ask me out." I always thought women who were beautiful were taken. Usually, I am scared to talk to attractive women. But this time, I wasn't afraid. When she said yes, all my cynicism went away. I actually felt...confident. Guys, has this happened to you? Is it normal?
Congrats. That is awesome. Best wishes to you.

Remember, she said yes to you. All you have to do is have a good time with her. Don't worry about being perfect or anything.

This is awesome.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
I think this is the second time this week we've agreed on something.
Uh oh. Do you think hell has frozen over???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships