Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2014, 02:34 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
The most popular definition supports what I said. There other definitions that didn't get anywhere near the number of up votes as the first one.
Then again perhaps when making a claim state what you intend. Either way you're still incorrect on your other claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
ok.

Urban Dictionary: beta male

Again, the most popular definition, not the others.
That doesn't prove or support that being a leader in regards to sexual behavior is a bad thing. Especially as I don't see how the most popular definition is talking about sexual behavior excluding the example which doesn't even show that the other guy Pete is losing to is displaying is being 'bad'.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:40 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
That doesn't prove or support that being a leader in regards to sexual behavior is a bad thing. Especially as I don't see how the most popular definition is talking about sexual behavior
Well, we already know they're all talking about sexual behavior. But the most popular definition clearly says "lack confidence". In other words they don't want to be aggressive.

Confident/dominant/top/willing to engage in immoral behavior to get women/successful with women = alpha.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:40 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
What is the name of this forum on City-Data?
Relationships. Which involve more than sexual behavior. Again, you the beta are the one making this conversation about sex. It's the alpha who is arguing there are other very important aspects of a healthy relationship. Seems a little inconsistent with a lot of the points you've been making, doesn't it?

Quote:
But I think it is clear that the crowd agrees, if someone is being manipulative or deceitful, they are not a beta male.

That's alpha male behavior.
You got that out of those definitions? Okay, whatever helps you sleep at night. It has been my experience people will believe what they want to believe. You seem to have your idea of what alpha behavior is and beta behavior and I know full well I am not going to be able to change your mind about it. In fact, I'm not even trying. I do have a question, though. Do you even understand what I mean when I refer to "personality types" and "behavioral traits?"

BTW: Since you like these definitions that people vote on so much, if you subtract the down votes from the up votes, the net is 372 for the more first definition and 317 for the definition that favors your argument. Just a thought...

Old 04-06-2014, 02:42 PM

Being a leader in regards to sexual behavior requires being aggressive and coming up to multiple women, grabbing them in inappropriate places etc. Men who engage in these alpha male behaviors are extremely successful in finding girlfriends, ergo, the vast majority prefers what they do.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Well, we already know they're all talking about sexual behavior. But the most popular definition clearly says "lack confidence". In other words they don't want to be aggressive.

Confident/dominant/top/willing to engage in immoral behavior to get women/successful with women = alpha.
No you're assuming them to be talking about sexual behavior such as how you claimed that the writer of the definition I listed was an alpha male. Either way not being aggressive doesn't necessarily mean that being aggressive is a bad thing. All you showed was that not being aggressive is defined as being a beta male not that being a leader in regards for sexual behavior is a bad thing.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Relationships.
Right. Which is how human beings refer to the act of reproduction.

Quote:
You seem to have your idea of what alpha behavior is and beta behavior and I know full well I am not going to be able to change your mind about it.
Myself and the crowd as seen at Urban Dictionary. Your view seems to be the less popular one by a wide margin.

Quote:
Do you even understand what I mean when I refer to "personality types" and "behavioral traits?"
If someone said "there is no such thing as the force of gravity", I would understand their statement, but I would not agree.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Being a leader in regards to sexual behavior requires being aggressive and coming up to multiple women, grabbing them in inappropriate places etc. Men who engage in these alpha male behaviors are extremely successful in finding girlfriends, ergo, the vast majority prefers what they do.
Sometimes I get frustrated with CD. How can you find a polite way to call something bulls*** without violating the terms of service? If anyone finds a way, DM me.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Right. Which is how human beings refer to the act of reproduction.
You edited out that I said there are more to relationships than sexual behavior. This conversation between you and I disproves a lot of what you are saying. I've identified myself as an alpha, you've identified yourself as a beta. Yet it is all about sex to you. It's about so much more to me. My guess is you've been far more manipulative in your relationships over the years than I could ever dream of. Just a hunch.

Quote:
Myself and the crowd as seen at Urban Dictionary. Your view seems to be the less popular one by a wide margin.
See my comments about the net votes. The "crowd" at UD doesn't seem to be on your side after all.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Either way not being aggressive doesn't necessarily mean that being aggressive is a bad thing.
Being deceitful and lying and hurtful are all different types of aggressive behavior or alpha behavior.

Most of the complaints women have about "male behavior" are in fact regarding alpha male behavior.

Yet, women encourage the alpha males. It makes no sense if women don't want to be treated that way, which I assume they don't. Do you agree that they don't want to be treated that way? If so, then why do you think they encourage alpha males?

It brings to mind Definition 2 of nice guy on Urban Dictionary:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
A male who can't get a girlfriend, never mind get laid, because he DOESN'T treat women like [excrement].
And that's true, is it not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships