Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 06:34 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am single because there is only idiots out there who are attracted to me.

If you tell me after having at least 60 first dates, it must be me, let me tell you my most current experience from this week through POF:

First date: Guy shows up in flipflops, shorts and sweaty shirt at the restaurant (I am wearing a nice dress). Tells me he just came from gym. He was late because he stayed in the gym until I texted him that I am at the restaurant. He said he needs to go to the bathroom to wash off the "filth from the gym equipment". Before he washed off his filthy hands, he hugged me with these filthy hands. He said he didn't shower after working out because he showered in the morning already. I said, i showered TWICE today and the second time was JUST FOR YOU. When I walked off, he sent me 14 texts apologizing, until I blocked his number.

Second guy (we never met) sends me a pic at midnight, blood all over the wall. Title "I just hit my head and wanted to show you how the wall looks like now". WTF are people thinking?

3rd guy sends 7 texts after I gave him my number. I didn't even have time to respond. More and more and more texts and pictures. I thought my phone is exploding. When I told him I am overwhelmed and don't want to meet him anymore, he (still) calls me every half hour and sends more and more texts.

4th guy sends dick pics and gets mad when I don't send naked pics back. Then wants phone sex (no, we haven't even met yet).

THAT'S WHY I AM SINGLE. Don't tell me it is my fault.
This is why I'm single, because women like Eve wont send me nude pics, nor engage in phone sex, Lmao

j/k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 07:49 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
I'm single, now, because I didn't used to be. But there's no glamorous afterlife to being a widow. I've been through the ringer. I can see crap coming, and I just duck. But as a result, I end up living with my head down, almost entirely. Nobody wants a clunker. They want the shiny new car in the front row. And that's fine by me, if it has to be - and I'm only 30. There aren't that many great people out there anymore, anyways. At least, not in my generation. We've raised a bunch of self entitled borderline illiterate, disrespectful heathens. ....well now I sound like my mother. *shuffles away rambling*

Old 04-09-2014, 07:58 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
I'm single, now, because I didn't used to be. But there's no glamorous afterlife to being a widow. I've been through the ringer. I can see crap coming, and I just duck. But as a result, I end up living with my head down, almost entirely. Nobody wants a clunker. They want the shiny new car in the front row. And that's fine by me, if it has to be - and I'm only 30. There aren't that many great people out there anymore, anyways. At least, not in my generation. We've raised a bunch of self entitled borderline illiterate, disrespectful heathens. ....well now I sound like my mother. *shuffles away rambling*

I'm chuckling and feeling bad at the same time. Sorry for your loss.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:14 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
I am 30 and I feel like all the good woman are taken . I am talking about woman my age (25-30) it sucks. All that is left are woman that do not want kids or bar sluts or have a Boeing 747 full of emotional baggage.

I have to date a younger girl it my only option for the most part.

BTW I am generalizing a bit so relax.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:07 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
The reason I'm still single? lol... because the last man that tried to pick me up was almost 40, had 4 children, and was living in his mom's basement.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:10 PM

50 posts, read 78,197 times
I have not met THE ONE yet

Old 04-09-2014, 09:18 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relationshippro View Post
Today at office we had a discussion between a couple singles and a couple people who are in relationships.

The question was basically: Why are you single?
Most singles answered: Because the good men/women are already taken.
Following that logic, if you're not taken, doesn't that mean that you're not a good man/woman?

Why do you think so many people are single? And what are your reasons?
I don't ask my coworkers about their relationship statuses...

Old 04-09-2014, 09:25 PM

50 posts, read 78,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Mostly, it's a choice. My life is very happy right now after many years of depression and strife. I've had a GOOD life overall, but happiness has been kind of fleeting for me. Now that I've achieved a pretty steady state of happiness, I'm very unwilling to let anyone into my life who won't add to that happiness. The wrong relationship can just bring you down (as I've learned the hard way).

I also spent many of my prime dating years being incredibly socially awkward. As a result, I didn't date much. I made my peace with being single a loooooong time ago. And right now, there is just too much hard-won happiness in my life for me to consider dating anyone who might threaten that.

Please share how you found happiness after years od depression and strife. Currently going through that right now.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:31 AM

3 posts, read 3,009 times
I'm single because I always manage to fall for emotionally unavailable men.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:07 AM

957 posts, read 1,060,396 times
I'll blame my shyness.

I'm over that now though, just having fun dating in the meantime. I've always been behind the curve when it comes to all the social bull****. I really have to force myself to go on dates or hangout with people, it's just walking out my door thats the hardest part.. if I go I usually have a good time.

The only thing that worries me about being in a serious relationship if that were ever to happen is if I'd have enough alone time. Sometimes I really like just riding my board or bike down the hill alone or sitting at my house to kind of recharge. Being around other people really wears me out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships