Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2014, 09:27 AM

527 posts, read 600,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by relationshippro View Post
The question was basically: Why are you single?
Most singles answered: Because the good men/women are already taken.
I always find that argument to be absurd. In my experience this is usually claimed by people who aren't willing to acknowledge their own role in why they are single. It might be valid to say there are "no good ones left" if you live in a small town with 10 or 15 single people in your demographic to choose from --in which case you should try to move-- but if you're in a major metro area with thousands and thousands of singles and you consider none of them to be "good," then you're just way too picky.

Personally, I'm single because I like it! I like the freedom of being able to date who I want when I want, without being tied down. I might prefer a really awesome LTR to being single, but I greatly prefer being single to being in an LTR that is mediocre or just "okay."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah, i sent her like 3 pics and she wouldn't even return the favor.. wtf

heyyy, I look away for a sec and then I hve to read stuff like that!

Old 04-10-2014, 10:15 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,990,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am single because there is only idiots out there who are attracted to me.

If you tell me after having at least 60 first dates, it must be me, let me tell you my most current experience from this week through POF:

First date: Guy shows up in flipflops, shorts and sweaty shirt at the restaurant (I am wearing a nice dress). Tells me he just came from gym. He was late because he stayed in the gym until I texted him that I am at the restaurant. He said he needs to go to the bathroom to wash off the "filth from the gym equipment". Before he washed off his filthy hands, he hugged me with these filthy hands. He said he didn't shower after working out because he showered in the morning already. I said, i showered TWICE today and the second time was JUST FOR YOU. When I walked off, he sent me 14 texts apologizing, until I blocked his number.

Second guy (we never met) sends me a pic at midnight, blood all over the wall. Title "I just hit my head and wanted to show you how the wall looks like now". WTF are people thinking?

3rd guy sends 7 texts after I gave him my number. I didn't even have time to respond. More and more and more texts and pictures. I thought my phone is exploding. When I told him I am overwhelmed and don't want to meet him anymore, he (still) calls me every half hour and sends more and more texts.

4th guy sends dick pics and gets mad when I don't send naked pics back. Then wants phone sex (no, we haven't even met yet).

THAT'S WHY I AM SINGLE. Don't tell me it is my fault.
Wow that's ridiculous... that makes me think I'm golden.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:28 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,606,794 times
A friend gave me some good advice which I pass on: forget social media! Turn off the computer and get out there and do things that you enjoy!

You'll meet people along the way, and don't get discouraged if it's "all men" or "all women" (and you're looking for the opposite). They frequently have friends/relatives who've quit dating for one reason or another but wouldn't mind being fixed up once you prove you're not pond scum (or lower).

Re: the naked photos and wanting phone sex from a stranger -- that's just unacceptable! I suspect anyone into that is a hooker or sex addict.

I admit to being weird, but I'm a G-rated, harmless weirdo! (:

Old 04-10-2014, 11:06 AM

787 posts, read 780,616 times
I am single because I haven't put myself out there. I have a job and my stuff together. I just need to stop beating myself up over things I cannot control, i.e., my height.

I can't wait to play some singles co-ed softball in June though.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:10 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,922,180 times
I'm a low status male with an awkward personality. I had a *few* chances to get possible dates, but then I realized I wasn't very interested in the traditional relationship and purely wanted sexual satisfaction.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am single because there is only idiots out there who are attracted to me.

If you tell me after having at least 60 first dates, it must be me, let me tell you my most current experience from this week through POF:

First date: Guy shows up in flipflops, shorts and sweaty shirt at the restaurant (I am wearing a nice dress). Tells me he just came from gym. He was late because he stayed in the gym until I texted him that I am at the restaurant. He said he needs to go to the bathroom to wash off the "filth from the gym equipment". Before he washed off his filthy hands, he hugged me with these filthy hands. He said he didn't shower after working out because he showered in the morning already. I said, i showered TWICE today and the second time was JUST FOR YOU. When I walked off, he sent me 14 texts apologizing, until I blocked his number.

Second guy (we never met) sends me a pic at midnight, blood all over the wall. Title "I just hit my head and wanted to show you how the wall looks like now". WTF are people thinking?

3rd guy sends 7 texts after I gave him my number. I didn't even have time to respond. More and more and more texts and pictures. I thought my phone is exploding. When I told him I am overwhelmed and don't want to meet him anymore, he (still) calls me every half hour and sends more and more texts.

4th guy sends dick pics and gets mad when I don't send naked pics back. Then wants phone sex (no, we haven't even met yet).

THAT'S WHY I AM SINGLE. Don't tell me it is my fault.
This is a good testament to why people shouldn't use POF, too. And notice, guys, it means she doesn't get approached IRL. I only mention this because so many guys refuse to believe that there's a significant percentage of women who don't get approached.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:36 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is a good testament to why people shouldn't use POF, too. And notice, guys, it means she doesn't get approached IRL. I only mention this because so many guys refuse to believe that there's a significant percentage of women who don't get approached.

This says more about the men she's choosing to meet through OLD than anything else. And as for the underlined....no, it doesn't.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:48 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
This says more about the men she's choosing to meet through OLD than anything else. And as for the underlined....no, it doesn't.
Yep if she keeps on picking the same kinda of guys she only has her self to blame.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:50 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relationshippro View Post
Today at office we had a discussion between a couple singles and a couple people who are in relationships.

The question was basically: Why are you single?
Most singles answered: Because the good men/women are already taken.
Following that logic, if you're not taken, doesn't that mean that you're not a good man/woman?

Why do you think so many people are single? And what are your reasons?
Is it possible that both men and women are single because they have a very high opinon of themselves and are looking for their Mr/Mrs perfect that doesn't exist?

I tried to set up my female cousin who is in her mid 30's with a great guy who I worked with. I thought he would be a perfect guy to introduce her to. He had a great job, was responsible, just a good dude. She didn't like his hairstyle. He is now married, and my cousin is still single looking for her Mr. perfect.

I knew this one woman who complained because one of her dates pushed up his eye glasses too much. She is still single too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships