Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 10:19 AM

54 posts, read 42,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So you are gonna stay alone forever? Dude, you are in your prime time but you sound like you are very old and life is almost over.

Yeah, that's the plan. I had a very, very bad experience and I just decided that it's best for me to not let anyone "in" again.

I'm 35, so life is probably half over.

I wanted to do the white picket fence thing at one time, but I don't want to be an "old dad," either, so I set my limit at 40.

At this point, I do not trust women at all, and to have 5 years left on the clock to meet, date, get engaged, move in, and get preggo....the timeline is just not there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 07:43 PM

683 posts, read 853,311 times
I know my reason why I'm single is demographics. I gotta move from where I'm at.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:47 PM

213 posts, read 698,097 times
Why still single?

Long story short: Spent the better part of my 20's rather antisocial and awkward. Got way behind the 8 ball in terms of relationships and intimacy and because of that grew intimidated and insecure with any woman that had any more than minor experience with men. Turned into a catch 22 and kept building and building...

Now in my mid 30's I've finally got a very successful career which has given me confidence and I have dated several women in the past year. I'm starting to get over some of those old hurdles, however it's not easy when you are 35 and have the relationship and intimacy experience of a 20 year old...

Old 04-18-2014, 04:36 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,528 times
Been married x2, now divorced, now happy and dying SINGLE!

Old 04-18-2014, 04:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Been married x2, now divorced, now happy and dying SINGLE!
Haha.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:34 AM

14 posts, read 11,628 times
I'm single because I'm ugly and the girls do not find me attractive and especially the ones I am attracted to.

Lets face it. I'm already 28 years old and never even touched a girl.

I guess it must be because I am unattractive physically. I mean why else would the girls here give me such bad and cold responses?

Old 04-19-2014, 12:05 PM

92 posts, read 101,728 times
I'm single at 30 years old, because I don't want to settle. I have no problems with men having interest in me, wonderful men, but there's always something that puts me off. Ex. there's this great guy at work. He is super smart, has had three promotions in the past three years, we have similar interests, and he's somewhat handsome until he opens his mouth; he has a strong lisp that I can't get past and makes him unattractive to me. For me, it's important to be attracted to the one I'm with. If I'm not, I won't date the guy. I don't mind being single, so settling is never a consideration for me. PS. After a 15-yr "relationship" with a guy, I'm not interested in them right now.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:55 PM

543 posts, read 534,137 times
I'm pretty much invisible to women. That and I live in a dating wasteland consisting of single mothers and hippopotami.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:57 PM

354 posts, read 617,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Shackleford View Post
I am single because I don't approach women anymore, and I reject any women who approach me. I don't date at all. I actually avoid women and as much social interaction with them as I can. I have a job that is very male-dominated, I live in the country by myself and am interested in hobbies that are solitary and also male-dominated so it's actually not hard.

The only exception are the wives/girlfriends of buddies, some of whom I like pretty well. But as soon as they start in with the, "you should meet my friend, Minerva, you guys would be a great couple!", I give them the brush off. I try to explain as little as possible, because saying "I don't date" to a female invites a shotgun blast of questions that I'd rather not answer. Thankfully, most of them know the score so they don't really try anymore.

They probably just think that you are gay.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:40 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times
Im single because im such a loner, further im just getting to tired for the drama and BS of dating. I don't have a problem with being alone. But once in awhile i do miss waking up to a gorgeous girl next to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships