Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 10:08 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,902,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Texting is only rough when you text a certain way.

Woman:Omg I has such a great day today I saw this movie and got free popcorn.It was so nice.Then I went swimming and I prevented this lady from hitting her head backstroking.Then I played poker and won the pot it was so sweet.

Man:Cool.

The disinterested guy or uncomunicater is always fun.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If that's not a new "go to" sign of disinterest, I dunno what is.

Classic.

(However, he could have a minute phone and is short on minutes. And/Or he might have been busy but still wanted to acknowledge)

5. The Call to Text Dodge
When the confusion finally gets the best of me and I call them to clarify what they really mean and they don’t pick up, instead responding with another text, this makes me want to pull my hair out. They just mentioned they were at home eating pizza and watching House of Cards! Did they lose their phone over the course of 10 seconds? I just want to find out about brunch plans!

^That one right there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 10:50 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I read an article the other day that said that people check their phone an average of 110 times a day!

I know I don't check mine that much. That is crazy!

Old 04-06-2014, 11:00 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I read an article the other day that said that people check their phone an average of 110 times a day!

I unfortunately have to check my phone pretty frequently for work, emails and stuff like that.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:01 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post

I would say I easily check my phone more than that and I hate using my phone.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:42 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Texting is just something I'm quite used to. Every woman I've dated has been into texting, except for my first girlfriend. We texted some, but at the time I didn't have unlimited texting. Most people have it or they tell you they don't and they tell you not to text them much and to call. I don't mind talking on the phone. I can talk on the phone or text, but texting seems to always be the fallback. It can pick up and fall off at anytime. When talking on the phone you have to mentally specify some time away. If I'm going to talk on the phone I want the conversation to last at least 30 minutes. I feel if you're calling it's rather important. If not, most of the time a text will work perfectly fine. I'm likely just so used to texting. The woman I'm dating now we talked on the phone twice so far. We either text or see each other in person. Just hasn't been much need to talk on the phone, since our schedules are different.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:21 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I hate talking on the phone, that being said, you'd think I'd like texting more, I don't though......

Old 04-06-2014, 12:43 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,812 times
Communication is communication face to face, text, phone, skype all that jazz take your pick with what works for you. I am not much of phone talker because I hear how I sound on a phone and my voice is too deep for that.

Unless anybody in the write a letter with a quill pen give it to the horse rider and it gets to the sender in couple of days to a week master race no sense in having some sort of superiority over how to choose to communicate.

Messenger hawks would be cool though we need bring those back.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:20 PM

143 posts, read 265,680 times
I guess I see it the other way, texting just adds to levels of communication between two people when done right.

For example, you might call and talk for 15-20 mins in the evening, but with texting, you can be in contact with that person all day long. Is that really so bad?

Also, in defense of the "here" text, girls and people in general have gotten so used to it that lots of times they aren't as comfortable with you just coming up to the door without letting them know you have arrived first.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:28 PM

260 posts, read 605,504 times
The biggest problem with digital interaction is that it's easy to be a phony. If you don't feel like responding to a text, you can just ignore it for an hour and then say, "Sorry, my phone was charging" (classic excuse lol). Or, to make yourself seem "mysterious", indifferent or not desperate, you can decide to respond with 1-word answers. Stuff like that goes on all the time.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:36 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
My husband and I text for short, memo-type stuff that doesn't warrant interrupting the other person at work, or call for a full conversation....like "leaving work now, on my way, " or "please pick up milk," or similar. We don't do detailed, social conversations via text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships