Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: To all the women, what do you think of womanizers and playboys?
I find them incredibly attractive 5 14.29%
They disgust me 22 62.86%
Nothing much, boys will be boys 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 02:41 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,042,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
In my experience that depends on the environment and who asks more.
Right, you want to be asked/dominated. Hence you prefer the alpha male.

There are women who prefer beta males, but they are hard to find. You would think the dominant women, like female Marines, would prefer the beta males, but apparently you would be wrong if you thought that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 02:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,062,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I'm not talking about envy, I'm talking about what women encourage.

So you admit that alpha males get more dates. That proves women prefer the alpha males.
First of all, I don't think in terms of alpha and beta. This thread is about womanizers and players - not alphas and betas. As far as I'm concerned - those are terms that refer to wolves, not human beings. In terms of womanizers and playboys, well, they wouldn't be womanizers and playboys if they didn't get a lot of dates. But what is important to you - quality or quantity? Womanizers and playboys don't have meaningful relationships until they change their ways and settle down - if they choose to do that. So, would you rather have a different woman every night that you barely know or someone to go through life's ups and downs with? If all you want is a different woman every night - then you aren't a nice guy, you are an unsuccessful womanizer.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:44 PM

2,441 posts, read 3,414,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post
They tend to be very charismatic and charming. They are masters at seduction, telling women whatever they want to hear. So, if you are too naive to read his intentions, have low self esteeem and don´t know the game, you will probably get caught up.
Yes I have encountered this persona a few times myself. Oh wait--- I almost forgot this thread is about male playas.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:44 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,630,575 times
Quote:
Right, you want to be asked/dominated. Hence you prefer the alpha male.

There are women who prefer beta males, but they are hard to find. You would think the dominant women, like female Marines, would prefer the beta males, but apparently you would be wrong if you thought that.
Nowhere did I state, suggest, imply, or mention that I want to be asked/dominated or prefer the alpha male.

How did you get that from me basically stating I find who gets more dates depends on the environment and who asks for dates more?

Old 04-06-2014, 02:46 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,630,575 times
Quote:
Nope. If they're a womanizer they are not a nice guy.
I didn't state they were a womanizer. I stated I find they desired to be one hence the nice guy envy/jealousy of womanizer as the womanizer is successful at what the nice guy desires.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post
They tend to be very charismatic and charming. They are masters at seduction, telling women whatever they want to hear.
So, if you are too naive to read his intentions, have low self esteeem and don´t know the game, you will probably get caught up.
I would agree.

To my knowledge, I've never dated a womanizer or playboy. I might have locked lips with a couple at a party here and there - but if that's all that we were both looking for - maybe I was also a "manizer." I've had a couple friends that were womanizers - although I was surprised to find this out about them. The two that come to mind were not incredibly good looking but they were very charismatic. I liked them as friends but I would never have dated them.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:50 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,765,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
It's interesting that you always hear women say that they don't like players and yet when a man who is a player walks into the room women are clearly drawn to him. At least from what I've seen women do tend to think that men who have been around are "real" men while men who haven't are so much. So I figured I'd make a poll about it. What do you ladies think of playboys and womanizers? Does it matter what age he is? Is there a certain age at which a man should stop being a ladies man and be in a relationship?
Being bitter towards those who get lots of action will never win you points with women. Trying with all your might to convince women how they should feel and think of the opposite sex. (telling and trying to convice women, nice guys are where it's at) will never win you any point with women either.

Men, like women. Got that so far? Studies have shown we spend 90% of our entire conscious life thinking about women and sex. Men have crossed oceans on a make shift raft to bed with a woman. Men try to achieve great careers to gain the attention of women. Men go to the gym and workout to try and gain the attention of women. It's what we do! And often times in the process we make fools of ourselves, but that's how we are wired.

Every heard the term, "it's all about the nookie" LOL

Do not mistake your lack of confidence and ability to attract all women in a room, as somehow women are so mislead and these men who get some are all jerks. Step up your game and join the other side.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
First of all, I don't think in terms of alpha and beta. This thread is about womanizers and players - not alphas and betas.
Womanizer/player/attractive for women to date = alpha

Nice guy/honest guy/guy who has respect for women/guy who is therefore less attractive to women = beta

Quote:
But what is important to you - quality or quantity? Womanizers and playboys don't have meaningful relationships until they change their ways and settle down - if they choose to do that.
I agree. But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about what women prefer, not what I prefer.

The most effective way for women to be attracted to you is to be a womanizer.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I didn't state they were a womanizer. I stated I find they desired to be one hence the nice guy envy/jealousy of womanizer as the womanizer is successful at what the nice guy desires.
Right, hence, women prefer the womanizer.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Womanizer/player/attractive for women to date = alpha

Nice guy/honest guy/guy who has respect for women/guy who is therefore less attractive to women = beta

I agree. But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about what women prefer, not what I prefer.

The most effective way for women to be attracted to you is to be a womanizer.
I would say that women prefer the guys that they have actual relationships with over the guys that they are with for one night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships