Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 02:59 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDweller View Post
Forgive me if this sounds n00bish, but I am just wondering if knowing your potential spouse's sexual orientation really matters. Do you care if your opposite-sex partner is non-heterosexual? Would your opposite-sex partner mind if you were non-heterosexual? What if you have a working non-sexual relationship together? Would that working non-sexual relationship overcome the lack of sexual attraction in a mixed-orientation partnership?
Not sure why is that even a question. Would YOU prefer not to know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 03:05 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
I would not want to date a bi or lesbian ever

Old 04-08-2014, 06:49 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
As a Hetero man, I am open to a relationship with a bisexual woman. My ex-wife was bi, and that had nothing to do with the divorce.

Being in a relationship with a lesbian seems silly and pointless. Why would I do that?

Old 04-08-2014, 07:09 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
I too must be missing something. Why wouldn't someone want to know the orientation of somebody they were thinking of marrying?

It would seem important to know, regardless of how you wanted the relationship to function.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:15 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
It matters a lot and yes, I would want to know.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 AM

778 posts, read 823,086 times
I guess so? It doesn't really matter to me, beyond wanting to be sure they're interested in having sex with me.

I've dated straight, bi, and pansexual people, and it's all okay. I'm interested in a partner's sexual history to the extent that I want to know about sexual health, but it's a good idea to both get tested when starting a new sexual relationship regardless.

I'm not hung up on it, but I assume it's something you'll figure out eventually, no matter what. I like that my partner and I both have pretty similar tastes in people, so we can ogle people of both sexes openly and without any jealousy. I wish all couples could be so lucky. ;-)

Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
This thread has me more confused than a transexual about their identity.

How can someone be a potential spouse of a hetero if they are not hetero? wtf

Someone give me a lifeline.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:33 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Forgive me if this sounds n00bish, but I am just wondering if knowing your potential spouse's sexual orientation really matters. Do you care if your opposite-sex partner is non-heterosexual? Would your opposite-sex partner mind if you were non-heterosexual? What if you have a working non-sexual relationship together? Would that working non-sexual relationship overcome the lack of sexual attraction in a mixed-orientation partnership?

Kind of a --ahem!!! unique question.

Let me say it this way. If I am going to have sex with my woman, I would prefer it if she was a heterosexual because I am a man. By definition, a heterosexual woman is more likely to enjoy sex with a man than a lesbian would be. I don't want a woman to be in something that really leaves her feeling icky.

As far as friends, I don't care what their sexual orientation is. It is how people behave that I look at. If you can live peacefully with others, then you can be my friend.

Otherwise, if I am with a lesbian, I will most likely have to settle for a non-sexual relationship.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:37 AM

778 posts, read 823,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
This thread has me more confused than a transexual about their identity.

How can someone be a potential spouse of a hetero if they are not hetero? wtf

Someone give me a lifeline.
We're usually pretty clear about our gender identities, thanks.

I'm assuming the question is dealing more with bisexuality, or past experiences. Like, if you're a straight man, would you date a bisexual woman? Would you date a woman who identifies as straight, but may have had sexual experiences with women in the past?

Old 04-08-2014, 11:41 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,222 times
Quote:

Yes it all matters in a potential spouse. That working non-sexual relationship will eventually deteriorate due to lack of sexual attraction. You should just seek someone of your own sexual orietation to have a relationship with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships