Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 09:04 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
That's their problem then. Where does it end? Pretty soon you can't hit on them at the supermarket because that is for shopping. You can't hit on them at the beach, because they're are tanning. You can't hit on them at the bar, because they are socializing with the girls. They need to suck it up and deal with it.
Huh? Bars and beaches are perfectly acceptable places to hit on women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraz View Post
Most planet fitness members don't even look like they lift
Do you make it a habit of judging the other people working out? Because that's really lame. If people are at the gym - whether they are stick skinny or obese - they are making an effort. Having biceps the size of bowling balls doesn't make someone any better than the obese person on the treadmill for the first time.

135 posts, read 150,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Huh? Bars and beaches are perfectly acceptable places to hit on women.

he was being facetious

Old 04-08-2014, 09:05 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:

How would you know, unless...

Old 04-08-2014, 09:07 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and I get approached occasionally by women and guys who want to chat it up. But seriously, I'm not there to socialize; I'm all business. And besides, I'm lifting heavy and don't want some pretty gym bunny distracting me. sometimes i just want to say get lost, Lol

Quote:
Its because they only join for free pizza and cronut nights, Lol

Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,998,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Do you make it a habit of judging the other people working out? Because that's really lame. If people are at the gym - whether they are stick skinny or obese - they are making an effort. Having biceps the size of bowling balls doesn't make someone any better than the obese person on the treadmill for the first time.
Good point. Keep in mind that at any given time, it just may be the obese person who is the hardest working person in the gym because whatever output they can manage may be a monumental effort to him or her.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:10 PM

102,200 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Good point. Keep in mind that at any given time, it just may be the obese person who is the hardest working person in the gym because whatever output they can manage may be a monumental effort to him or her.
The obese person may be the one to lose 40 lbs. over the next few months, too. Some people pull off remarkable transformations at the gym.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Color me unimpressed. The only time I've been the biggest guy in the weight room is when I've been the only guy in the weight room. But make no mistake, I will not hesitate to ask a 6'5" 270 pound bruiser to step aside if he is not going to use the equipment for its intended purposes.

Just FYI. Many of the biggest guys you'll meet are the nicest people there

I met this big intimidating black guy at the gym the other day and he was polite/friendly as can be

Old 04-08-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

no, I was just defending myself because he was making it seem like I don't workout/my friends don't work out seriously cause I enjoy socializing

I don't disagree with what you said at all

Old 04-08-2014, 09:23 PM

11,794 posts, read 12,027,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
That's their problem then. Where does it end? Pretty soon you can't hit on them at the supermarket because that is for shopping. You can't hit on them at the beach, because they're are tanning. You can't hit on them at the bar, because they are socializing with the girls. They need to suck it up and deal with it.
The owner of the gym is running a business for profit so of course he's going to want to discourage men from driving the women clientele away! And he's a also probably trying to avoid creating an environment where women are being harassed. A gym membership isn't a licence to prey on other members when they're not there for your objectification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships