Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 10:30 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,839,251 times

Advertisements

I approached a girl in a bar who was wearing something Indian. I asked her if she had ever been to India and she told me to "get the f*ck away from her this instant"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 10:31 AM

42 posts, read 62,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I approached a girl in a bar who was wearing something Indian. I asked her if she had ever been to India and she told me to "get the f*ck away from her this instant"
Oh man..harsh.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:44 AM

185 posts, read 240,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

Lol what was your response?

I haven't been fantastically rejected in recent times, I mean I've been rejected by women but nothing really noteworthy, they've all been pretty uneventful and polite shutdowns. The last time I can remember getting harshly rejected was in high school when I gave a girl a really awfully written (in hindsight) kind of "I have a crush on you" note as I passed her in the hall one day and she just ended up showing like 5 other guys the note in her next class before having a girlfriend of hers return it to me with pretty much a "thanks, but no thanks" and then she literally ballerina skipped away. I think I'm actually more embarrassed about the whole thing now than I was when it actually happened, I was a major d-bag in high school all around lol.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,556,228 times
haha, I don't have time to write a novel

The biggest ones I can think of were.... in 5th grade I was told in front of my entire class by the guy I had a little crush on that I was 'the ugliest girl in the world and he would NEVER go out with me' so that was the beginning of many years of rejections. I've been barked at, moo'd at, laughed at, told 'god no' more than once and my last boyfriend broke it off with me because 'he tried, but just wasn't attracted to me physically'. Interestingly, my only other boyfriend told me basically the same thing.

I'm an expert at taking rejection now.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:11 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,954,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Do you have to be so graphic? Ouch.
I dunno...that post had me in stitches!

--Dim

Old 04-09-2014, 12:25 PM

20,688 posts, read 19,838,965 times
It happens that I am chatting up a guy at the gym or at a motorcycle hang out spot. I give him my number and he just never calls.

It is a great relief if I see him later on somewhere with a woman or a child or another guy because that rejection then doesn't feel bad anymore.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:44 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,275,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
If you have a harsh rejection, describe that one!

For me, it was nothing extraordinary.

I got a girl's number off of online.

Started texting her.

Asked to meet up and she didn't respond.
One woman laughed at me and the second woman said I was too ugly to talk to her.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:08 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,780,705 times
I've never gotten a "rejection" rejection, but like others here, I've had that passive rejection were men just not call or contact me again.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:10 PM

6,536 posts, read 7,257,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I've never gotten a "rejection" rejection, but like others here, I've had that passive rejection were men just not call or contact me again.
What stopped you from being the one who actually called the guy?

Old 04-09-2014, 01:17 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,780,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
What stopped you from being the one who actually called the guy?
In some cases I did contact him and he just didn't contact me back (when I had his info/we exchanged info), on a lot of cases I just didn't have his contact info but he had mine, and in a few (after thinking about it) I decided I didn't want to contact him (although that's not really rejection so much as mutual disinterest )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships