Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 02:20 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Nald,
Haven't heard of women being totally fine having sex during menstruation, all 9 months of pregnancy, post-pregnancy, and after the exhausting years of doing house chores and taking care of the baby/kid as many have expressed in this forum and outside on the many reasons why they stop having sex. But there are exceptions.
Mod cut.

Guess you have never heard the term "get your wings" or "fighting a bloody battle".
Or how horney women are during pregnancy
or seen siblings less than 12 months apart

Seriously, how many real SAHMs (not those in your head) have your heard say they don't have sex because they are so exhausted from being a SAHM.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-09-2014 at 06:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 02:21 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
That certainly happens. Some men do little to make their relationship work and then act surprised when it doesn't work. However, maybe for balance we ought to think this one through. In this thread we have a women who feels mens bodies are a "mess" and their genitalia, well, you can re-read her post. And she got repped heartily for her comments. And then the references to semi-private conversations among women about how sex is a chore and their SO's romantic gestures are comical.

I really hope that I never have been nor ever will be in a relationship with a woman who is either physically repulsed by men or who finds sex to be a chore. I mean, I hope it a whole lot. But some poor fvck is. Maybe he's the guy pizzing and moaning at the bar.
I'm a lucky man. My wife is freakin' awesome in every way, sex included.

However, I *almost* married a woman who is more in line with what you posted, and even the OP's wife. Dodged a bullet, there.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:24 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,885,194 times
Quote:
TracySam,

Flaps of skin, some wrinkled, with fluids, bleeds every month, etc. doesn’t sound like a very beautiful piece of art, does it? But once we think about it in a sexual perspective and what it is IT IS something beautiful, pleasurable, fun, attractive, etc., at least for me and most men out there. Then again, we know asexuality exists.
I didn't mean I think vaginas are attractive. Not at all. But at least they're tucked away, so if you see an image of a nude female, you're not seeing that. A nude image of a male has all that junk just right "out there."

Old 04-09-2014, 02:26 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Sounds like us, Julia. We both had our share of experiences, but my wife is the only one I have ever felt comfortable just saying "you know, I think we should try this tonight" and know that she's most likely going to say "OK" and at worst, say no, but have another suggestion.
Can't rep you again.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

My husband still sends me over the moon after 18 years. The sex is even better now than it used to be, in fact. Why? Because of the familiarity. We learned this stuff together, and we are close enough to suggest or try some new/kinky stuff without worrying whether the other person is going to freak out.
Yup! Being so comfortable with your partner can make everything so much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
That certainly happens. Some men do little to make their relationship work and then act surprised when it doesn't work. However, maybe for balance we ought to think this one through. In this thread we have a women who feels mens bodies are a "mess" and their genitalia, well, you can re-read her post. And she got repped heartily for her comments. And then the references to semi-private conversations among women about how sex is a chore and their SO's romantic gestures are comical.

I really hope that I never have been nor ever will be in a relationship with a woman who is either physically repulsed by men or who finds sex to be a chore. I mean, I hope it a whole lot. But some poor fvck is. Maybe he's the guy pizzing and moaning at the bar.
I have no doubt that those women exist and those conversations exist - and the guys pizzing and moaning are probably married to those women - but rest assured, that's not how all marriages and relationships are. My friends and I aren't like that - and my relationship with my husband isn't like that. I remember doing a show one time, and a bunch of us women were talking about sex - and one woman, who was older than us at the time, was shocked that we all still had lots of sex with our partners. She and her husband only did a couple times a year. Our jaws dropped!!! So, I have no doubt that there are relationships like that out there, but I could never be in one! And I hope you are never in one like that either!

Old 04-09-2014, 02:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
OK, flame away.

Do straight women as a whole actually LIKE men sexually? Or in any way at all? I mean, like and desire NORMAL men, not just the 5% that look like The Rock or *insert hot dude-of-the-week here*.
I spend time in real-life conversations, or on other web boards. Although you C-D ladies have ravaging libidos (proving there are at least a few of you out there), you represent about 10% of the women in the world, in my experience.

First off, while men oogle and even masturbate to gorgeous women, at the end of the day, most of us honestly do love and wish to have sex with our less-than-perfect (in society's eyes, not usually our own) wives and girlfriends. However, those very women find our naked bodies unattractive, or funny, or undesirable. Our male libidos are a subject of humor and eye-rolling during their conversations amongst other women. They rant and rave about hot men, and talk about how great sex is in THEORY, but then, when they get home, they never actually have sex with their husbands.

Women spend hundreds of dollars and bust their asses to "look" sexy, but don't actually WANT to have sex, at least not with the very men they've chosen to be with, or even build a life with. I'm not saying they cheat, I'm saying they're perfectly happy never having sex, or doing it 2 times a year when there's no excuse not to.

I'm not talking just about guys who HAVE let themselves go, who are 100 lbs overweight, or smell bad. That's one thing. But plenty of these are decent to good looking men, not perfect, mind you, but no less perfect than their own wives or girlfriends, who they DO still want to have sex with, yet they're not getting any at home, either.

I don't buy for a minute that ALL of these men just suck in bed, either.

I actually believe that women find the SUBJECT of sex fascinating, just not participating in it.
Wut?

Old 04-09-2014, 02:47 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
Tried that. Does nothing for her.

We've tried talking about her fantasies. She really has none, at least not blatantly sexual ones. Her fantasies are more the "sail away with a charming man and enjoy the sea" type of stuff, usually non sexual, or mildly intimate at best (maybe a dance, or kiss).
Maybe this has been asked. Why did you marry a woman with a low sex drive if it did not match your own? Did you think she would change?

Old 04-09-2014, 02:48 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
uhhhhh, OP you must give some really bad sex if this is your experience.

Every girl I date is always begging to come back and "watch a movie" after the date.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:49 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
[Snip.]
Guess you have never heard the term "get your wings" or "fighting a bloody battle".
Or how horney women are during pregnancy
or seen siblings less than 12 months apart
Seriously, how many real SAHMs (not those in your head) have your heard say they don't have sex because they are so exhausted from being a SAHM.
Mod cut: Orphaned

Don’t go to far, just read any thread that comes out around here on how women withhold sex until their husband does some house chores or women saying they are too tired for it because house chores are supposed to be so exhausting or how men have to jump through hoops, not women, to get it. Don’t get mad at me; get mad at female posters who have said that or women out there. Exceptions do exist of course just like anything. Not only for sex but there have been threads out there on how women supposedly have no time to go to the gym because being a SAHM takes so much of their time. I even suggested in those threads exercising at home and I got flamed. If their house chores are so exhausting and time consuming imagine how they "can't make time for sex and are too exhausted for it".

You have mentioned about men giving affection for sex is wrong and I agree but talk about how women use sex with men and all of a sudden that is not true, women can't do wrong, and so on.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-09-2014 at 06:38 PM..

Old 04-09-2014, 02:58 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,628 times
Quote:
[Snip.]
Don’t go to far, just read any thread that comes out around here on how women withhold sex until their husband does some house chores or women saying they are too tired for it because house chores are supposed to be so exhausting or how men have to jump through hoops, not women, to get it. Don’t get mad at me; get mad at female posters who have said that or women out there. Exceptions do exist of course just like anything. Not only for sex but there have been threads out there on how women supposedly have no time to go to the gym because being a SAHM takes so much of their time. I even suggested in those threads exercising at home and I got flamed. If there is no time for that, imagine sex.

You have mentioned about men giving affection for sex is wrong and I agree but talk about how women use sex with men and all of a sudden that is not true, women can't do wrong, and so on.
I will say it bothers me that anytime sex problems are brought up, it's always assumed it's the man's fault and that he's a "lousy husband" or "sucks in bed".

I thought that too (that I sucked or was a lousy boyfriend) with my ex-girlfriend-almost-fiance. Then I met my wife.

Turns out, the ex was the one who sucked. Or at the very least, we weren't compatible. Although, I can't imagine ANY man wanting a frigid, passionless woman. Even if she's beautiful and has a great sense of humor (the ex was, to her credit, a funny, likeable, and attractive woman, just a cold fish).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-09-2014 at 06:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships