Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 01:12 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,116,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Show us how she overexposes her boobs at work, OP.
Thanks for asking, though I was expecting this from our male audience!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 01:18 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Thanks for asking, though I was expecting this from our male audience!
It was sarcasm. But it failed. It didn't even elicit a comment from the OP.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:21 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Open toed shoes in a professional workplace?

SMH
I feel the same way, but it's actually becoming quite common, especially on the west coast.

OP: You're wrong. If you're uncomfortable with how your SO dresses, you're certainly welcome to talk to them about it, but expect to be laughed at. This applies doubly for her work. If her work finds it inappropriate, she'll be dealt with accordingly, but I suspect it's less a "work" issue and more a "jealousy" issue.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:29 PM

I'd still like to hear from the OP re: why he wants to marry someone who:

1. Is into "looking fabulous" at work, which she defines as dressing only relatively slutty (not full-on slutty)
2. Blows off reprimands and dress codes at work, putting her job at risk
3. Has more respect for his bank account than for his feelings
4. Probably is very spendy with fashion trends, including those that are inappropriate for work

My guess is that his desire for marriage with such a person has a lot to do with the body parts being exposed at work. Vs. enduring qualities like maturity, genuine caring, being responsible and stable, good judgement, etc.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:33 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,181 times
I think this is just a guy who really, really wanted to share that photo.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:32 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinna View Post
I forget to mention the context, which may or may not make a difference. We are planning to get engaged, married, and have children in the near future. 3 year relationship.

Yes, of course she can do whatever she wants and I haven't said anything about the feet. This is hypothetical, trying to get a consensus. No, I'm not posting pics to show off feet. I think, in a serious relationship, there are certain boundaries and levels of respect.

To thoss who bring up the point of ....

"You "don't want" your girlfriend exposing her feet to all the fetishists in her workplace...so you post pictures of her on a public internet forum."

The workplace is public forum just as the Internet as. That's my point. Anyways, how else am I supposed to get an opinion?

My point here is a matter of respect really. To me. Yes, her professional goals and potential problems are her business. The "fetish" stats and all is just to illustrate the fact that feet are attractive to men.

Geez
So are faces, and hair - why don't you just have her wear a Burka and get it over with? Why does your gf have to cover her feet just because men might find them attractive? So what if men find them attractive, do you trust her or don't you? If you don't, break up, if you do, stop trying to control her and let her be as attractive as she wants to be, as all women want to be whether in relationships or not. Why can't you just be proud that other men find her attractive? Is she allowed to wear a bikini??

Old 04-11-2014, 02:33 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,741,810 times
Quote:
I forget to mention the context, which may or may not make a difference. We are planning to get engaged, married, and have children in the near future. 3 year relationship.

Yes, of course she can do whatever she wants and I haven't said anything about the feet. This is hypothetical, trying to get a consensus. No, I'm not posting pics to show off feet. I think, in a serious relationship, there are certain boundaries and levels of respect.

To thoss who bring up the point of ....

"You "don't want" your girlfriend exposing her feet to all the fetishists in her workplace...so you post pictures of her on a public internet forum."

The workplace is public forum just as the Internet as. That's my point. Anyways, how else am I supposed to get an opinion?

My point here is a matter of respect really. To me. Yes, her professional goals and potential problems are her business. The "fetish" stats and all is just to illustrate the fact that feet are attractive to men.

Geez
I know a fair amount of foot fetishists. (I've even dated one or two). And they're much more into a nice looking, well pedicured pair of feet in a pair of killer heels than a pair of flip flops.

Quote:
No, I'm not complaining. I'm asking whether those "well pedicured feet" are appropriate for a professional office environment. Are they?
If the office allows sandals or open toed shoes, yeah, I'd say a pedicure is pretty much mandatory.

For those who have expressed surprise at open-toed shoes in professional environments, I've been able to wear open toed shoes and sandals to work (in professional environments) for about the past 15 years.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Is she allowed to wear a bikini??
Here's a good question. She's probably required to wear a tunic/cover-up over it, except when she wants to actually swim.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:30 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I think this is just a guy who really, really wanted to share that photo.
Oh dear. Are our responses going into the spank bank? Barf.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:32 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I know a fair amount of foot fetishists. (I've even dated one or two). And they're much more into a nice looking, well pedicured pair of feet in a pair of killer heels than a pair of flip flops.

If the office allows sandals or open toed shoes, yeah, I'd say a pedicure is pretty much mandatory.

For those who have expressed surprise at open-toed shoes in professional environments, I've been able to wear open toed shoes and sandals to work (in professional environments) for about the past 15 years.
Me too! On two continents.

I knew a foot fetishist who wanted his women to wear boots and then pretend to complain about how hot and itchy her feet would get. ICKY POO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships