Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 10:13 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You drive him home or call a cab for him. You don't invite a drunk guy you hardly know to stay over at your place. That's asking for trouble. How do you know he didn't deliberately get "too drunk to drive home" in order to have an excuse to get into your place?
Completely agree with this. This sounds really suspicious.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 10:36 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
I never been drunk on a date in my life thank god LOL.

I do not really drink anymore only on special occasions . The funny thing is if i was to drink before a date i would show up blackout drunk still be conscious and interacting with people, talking, and so on. She would have no idea I was blackout drunk .

I once called a friend and talk to that person for 3 hours and had no idea i even called that person or what i talked about for three hours. He called me the next day and was like are you OK you called me last night and talked to me for three hours . I was like What are you talking about .

Old 04-13-2014, 10:38 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I never been drunk on a date in my life thank god LOL.

I do not really drink anymore only on special occasions . The funny thing is if i was to drink before a date i would show up blackout drunk still be conscious and interacting with people, talking, and so on. She would have no idea I was blackout drunk .

I once called a friend and talk to that person for 3 hours and had no idea i even called that person or what i talked about for three hours. He called me the next day and was like are you OK you called me last night and talked to me for three hours . I was like What are you talking about .
Wow. You're like a sleep-walker. But you're a drunk-walker.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:40 PM

770 posts, read 1,797,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSherry View Post
Let's say you are on a second date. Your date drinks too much wine, and says he's too drunk to drive home, so he wants to stay at your place.

Do you feel bad for him and allow it, even though you would not otherwise invite him up on the second date? Or do you say, too bad, it was your choice to drink so much?
Uh, unless you consider him a potential partner (i.e. beyond a second date), I would tell him to get a cab. The most important thing in a relationship, IMHO, is compatibility, and if you two don't have that, then maybe you shouldn't be together.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:41 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d217 View Post
lol, what kind of dude gets drunk on wine? Just how many bottles did he drink..?! Unbelievable, definitely no 3rd date!
lmao...

Old 04-13-2014, 10:47 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
Wow. You're like a sleep-walker. But you're a drunk-walker.
Yea it is a very awkward situation when your out and about and a female you never seen in your life runs up to you and say how is it going i have not seen you in a long time and gives you a hug .

Old 04-13-2014, 10:52 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It's not quite as dangerous being the male.
Sure (I guess), but for each time I have made the decision to stay overnight there has also a woman making the same decision. If it were only men willing to do so it would never happen, except among gay couples. Thankfully I apparently tend to date women who aren't quite as afraid as some on this forum seem to be.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Sure (I guess), but for each time I have made the decision to stay overnight there has also a woman making the same decision. If it were only men willing to do so it would never happen, except among gay couples. Thankfully I apparently tend to date women who aren't quite as afraid as some on this forum seem to be.
That, or you come across as a very trustworthy person.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:57 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
That, or you come across as a very trustworthy person.
That's exactly my point, though-- if a person doesn't appear trustworthy, why would you date them?

Old 04-13-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
That's exactly my point, though-- if a person doesn't appear trustworthy, why would you date them?
Circular conversations!

Yes. We would all (hopefully) date people who appear to be trustworthy. But, appearances can be deceiving, so even though someone may APPEAR trustworthy, on only the second date you really do not know if that personally actually IS trustworthy - unless you DO know them prior and have seen them for a long period of time in some other context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships