Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think its wrong to have sex before marriage?
It's wrong. 13 16.67%
It's ok. 46 58.97%
It doesn't really matter if you wait or not. 19 24.36%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 11:10 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,601,591 times

Advertisements

Wrong about what?

Old 04-13-2014, 11:32 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
Do you think humans will ever stop having sex?
No.

Unless they are made incapable of doing so they have no reason to stop.
Socialized concepts are just manufactured ways of conformity...they do not override human desire.

Look up unwed teen pregnancy rates and then compare them to unwed Christian teen pregnancies.

Last edited by rego00123; 04-13-2014 at 11:44 PM..

Old 04-13-2014, 11:52 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I not here to condemn anyone here, yet for me I see abstaining sex until marriage is the wisest way. Yes there are still many that do hold on to that belief on waiting until marriage, yet of course it is not common.
It's because people aren't looking at marriage as the "end game" anymore.

The biggest problem is when one that waits meets someone who didn't.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:02 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
From way I've read alot of people wait a long time to get married like 27 or 30 maybe even later! Who's gonna wait that long?
The issue isn't even the length of time. The issue is, why would anyone get married before they found out if they and their spouse were sexually compatible? It is just crazy...

Old 04-14-2014, 12:07 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
why on earth would you marry someone you havent slept with.
I couldn't imagine marrying someone I hadn't had sex with beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It exsisted before the concept of marriage was even "a thing"
It will exsist long after it's gone, assimilated and swallowed by current "standards"

Marriage is a human creation. Sex, it's purpose and it's function are not.
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
So the only response options are "it's wrong," "it's okay," and "it doesn't matter"?!?

There needs to be a fourth choice: "It's amazing."

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
If anyone takes the Bible seriously, they might consider what God thinks about it. After all, He is the ultimate judge. Here's what the Bible says:

1Co 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
1Co 6:10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Interesting stuff. Did God really say that or was it someone else maybe? Like a mortal man of some sort?
Quote:
That's great that you have a book you really like. I have a few, too.
Again, exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There isn't anything wrong with sex, but there can be an emotional cost of treating it, and the people you have it with, too casually. I think it's one of those things where you definitely need to think before your act, and not just take what you can get. It's part of being a good human. But that doesn't mean you need to wait for a marriage that may never happen.
I agree here, too. I don't think there is anything morally wrong with sex itself, but of course you have to be responsible regarding pregnancy, cheating, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I not here to condemn anyone here, yet for me I see abstaining sex until marriage is the wisest way. Yes there are still many that do hold on to that belief on waiting until marriage, yet of course it is not common.
Everyone is free to have their own opinions, for sure.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:32 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,353 times
It tends to result in people marrying young. It's just unrealistic to expect most to wait for sex until they are emotionally mature enough for marriage, especially to make a good choice in a partner.
However, if it must be one or the other (marry young or wait), then I suppose sexual frustration is better than a bad marriage too young.

Promiscuity raises a lot of its own problems too, especially when unwanted pregnancy & children become involved. It's not realistic to think condoms or the pill solve the social problems that arise there. Not sure what is really ideal.

If God wants us to wait, then he has pulled quite a cruel joke with the timing of our sexual & emotional development.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:51 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
It tends to result in people marrying young. It's just unrealistic to expect most to wait for sex until they are emotionally mature enough for marriage, especially to make a good choice in a partner.
However, if it must be one or the other (marry young or wait), then I suppose sexual frustration is better than a bad marriage too young.

Promiscuity raises a lot of its own problems too, especially when unwanted pregnancy & children become involved. It's not realistic to think condoms or the pill solve the social problems that arise there. Not sure what is really ideal.

If God wants us to wait, then he has pulled quite a cruel joke with the timing of our sexual & emotional development.
No kidding.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:45 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,367 times
Why should people wait until they have a piece of paper from the government before having sex with each other? I am glad that I never married my first boyfriend. His penis was smaller than a tampon. We were both virgins when we met and I thought that I could love him and enjoy sex with him in spite of his small penis but clearly not. I met a new guy about a year after I broke up with my ex and it turns out that my ex's micropenis didn't even break my hymen because I bled the first time that I had sex with the new guy (7 inches). No wonder I hated having sex with my ex. I had wondered why sex with my ex was always so painful even though he was so small.

Many if not most of these "waiting until marriage"-types have oral/anal/digital sex because supposedly oral/anal/digital sex don't "count" as real sex which is completely ridiculous. I cannot take anyone seriously if they want to wait until marriage but they think giving/receiving blowjobs before marriage is somehow permissible. I'm not religious myself but if God wanted you to save your body for your wife/husband, then why would God think that was acceptable to have oral/anal/digital sex with someone who is not your wife or husband? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Quite frankly, I could not care less what the bible says. The bible also says to kill children for disobeying their parents. People should follow all of the bible or none of it at all. What is the point in cherry picking which parts of the bible you want to follow?

Old 04-14-2014, 02:35 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
30 is when people are finally mature enough (in theory, haha) to make a good choice for marriage. 30 isn't a long time. It just seems like it, because you're in your teens. Wait 'til you get to 29, then 30 won't seem so far away.
What Ruth said. Grow up a little, then worry about it then.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:52 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
So the only response options are "it's wrong," "it's okay," and "it doesn't matter"?!?

There needs to be a fourth choice: "It's amazing."
No, the fourth choice should be "It's essential."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships