Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 08:37 AM

3 posts, read 3,173 times

Advertisements

My wife and I haver been married for 36 years. We have three sons aged 35, 34 and 31 and three grandchildren. We've had our ups and downs like everybody and I admit I haven't been faithful the entire time. I've always had a hard time resisting an attractive woman and gave in to temptation many times.

It was a very different story 4 years ago when a woman I was seeing got pregnant and didn't want to have an abortion. The baby boy was born and the paternity test confirmed he's mine. I told her I would help them financially and would visit the child once in a while but he had to be kept a secret.

And so it has worked out like that until now. However, I can't live like this anymore, he's growing up and I can't take the burden in my consciente any longer.

The problem is she'll never forgive me this one and so many years will go down the drain. I'm sure she'll want the divorce and I don't know how my sons will react as well.

Is there anything I could tell her to make her understand why I did this?

[Mod note: edited]

Last edited by elnina; 04-13-2014 at 09:03 AM..

Old 04-13-2014, 08:40 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
Perhaps you should have used your brain instead of your head.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:41 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
You're toast.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:41 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,657,533 times
This child is only 4 years old? At your age, you haven't learned to protect yourself properly?

When I read that you had been married for 36 years, I expected that the "child of an affair" would be 20+ years old. Not 4. You are done, buddy.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:45 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserR View Post
My wife and I haver been married for 36 years. We have three sons aged 35, 34 and 31 and three grandchildren. We've had our ups and downs like everybody and I admit I haven't been faithful the entire time. I've always had a hard time resisting an attractive woman and gave in to temptation many times.
perhaps you should let your wife go then

Old 04-13-2014, 08:46 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Jesus H Thomas. This is an instance where the op needs to be cleaned out of every dime he has left to be alone and penny less for the rest of his natural born life.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:48 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:

It was a very different story 4 years ago when a woman I was seeing got pregnant and didn't want to have an abortion. The baby boy was born and the paternity test confirmed he's mine. I told her I would help them financially and would visit the child once in a while but he had to be kept a secret.

And so it has worked out like that until now. However, I can't live like this anymore, he's growing up and I can't take the burden in my consciente any longer.

The problem is she'll never forgive me this one and so many years will go down the drain. I'm sure she'll want the divorce and I don't know how my sons will react as well.

P.S. How do you change the title? I obviously didn't want to add that smilie.
How can you keep a secret like that, knowing that you had another kid for four years now? It is just now getting to you. Dude, you need a new conscience. I also don't think that you respect your wife, otherwise you would not have cheated. You don't deserve your wife.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:49 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young gunner View Post
It's called a condom.
It is called pulling your head out of your ass and keeping your pecker in your pants. You feel the need to **** around divorce your wife.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:49 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Well, there are those who think you should suffer in silence. Obviously, if you feel you have to tell her, it's because the personal consequences of not telling her are worse than the consequences of telling her.

Suffer like a man.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:51 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:

Well....WHY did you do it? That would be a start.

I have no idea how she will react because I don't know her, but I can't imagine she'll take it gently.

The thing that sucks the most is this little boy does not have the privilege of having a father growing up like your other sons did. I imagine your grown sons are going to be extremely disappointed in you, however you look far worse for the way you have treated this other child in my opinion.

Own up to what you did and be a father to this poor child instead of shunning him. If you were my father I'd disown you just for treating this other child as if he were a disease

Edit: Come to think of it, if my husband had some "love child" and chose not to be part of that child's life, well there'd be no chance in hell of us reconciling (if I had even considered it in the first place). Knowing how much time and energy he puts into our children...to deny that to another child simply because he put his dick where it didn't belong...wow...that is cruel and heartless.

Last edited by *Sixy*; 04-13-2014 at 08:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships