Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 09:48 PM

75 posts, read 152,939 times

Advertisements

The dating scene is a nightmare for men in the United States, and it's actually quite similar to that of China because single men outnumber single women by a lot; I'm 23 and never even went on a date, and I have a feeling that no matter how hard I try, I'll be single my entire life (and friendless because people in America usually put their friends last, not to mention some making friends unimportant) because single women are scarce, even in colleges where women outnumber men (a lot of them are dating non-students, especially men in their 30s and 40s). Hence, the dating scenes of China and America are alike because of the growing problem of too many men; the only difference is the US doesn't have a one-child policy and doesn't abort baby girls.

Also women are super picky, both here in the States and China, thanks in part to the skewed sex ratio.

And in the US, the saying "nice guys finish last" does in fact apply.

So I've come to conclusion that unless I move abroad, I will never find a girlfriend.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:54 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHanson9398 View Post
The dating scene is a nightmare for men in the United States, and it's actually quite similar to that of China because single men outnumber single women by a lot; I'm 23 and never even went on a date, and I have a feeling that no matter how hard I try, I'll be single my entire life (and friendless because people in America usually put their friends last, not to mention some making friends unimportant) because single women are scarce, even in colleges where women outnumber men (a lot of them are dating non-students, especially men in their 30s and 40s). Hence, the dating scenes of China and America are alike because of the growing problem of too many men; the only difference is the US doesn't have a one-child policy and doesn't abort baby girls.

Also women are super picky, both here in the States and China, thanks in part to the skewed sex ratio.

So I've come to conclusion that unless I move abroad, I will never find a girlfriend.
If you can't find a girlfriend in your own country, you won't be able to in another. Going abroad does not solve personality problems.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:54 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,646 times
Vastly different opinions as most gals I know are single and most nice guys I know do not finish last and have a gf or wife. From my experiences/observations it seems more like self-proclaimed guys and guys who offer nothing to little other than being nice finish last.

I doubt gals are super picky as perhaps it's more of that they're not picking you so you rationalize your failure as them being super picky. Bit curious as to your reasoning on why "women are super picky".

Old 04-06-2014, 09:55 PM

527 posts, read 600,791 times
You've clearly never been to China or talked to anyone who has lived in both China and the U.S.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:58 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
If you are seriously willing to move to another country just to find a woman, why not be willing to expend at least some energy first in getting some help for whatever issues are repelling woman from you currently?

I realize you young guys who show up here whining and complaining about women are really just frustrated and disappointed, but GEEZ, it's time to grow up and actually take some responsibility for where you find yourself in life!

Move to China or Libya for all I care just please understand that wherever you go, THERE YOU ARE.

Deal with yourself, and you won't have to travel so far from home.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:57 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,160,107 times
No thats ridiculous and insulting to the Chinese. Women outnumber men everywhere in America. China has a dearth of women because of years of sex-selective abortion. It's really your own fault you're not getting women. Women also aren't that picky, if that were so, there wouldnt be so many women dating weird losers.

You should rather look to approve your appearance, like lose weight, dress well and have a nice haircut.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:32 AM

318 posts, read 639,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If you can't find a girlfriend in your own country, you won't be able to in another. Going abroad does not solve personality problems.
You have obviously have never been to Philippines and Thailand. I know some men who have struggled to get a girlfriend in America, but when they traveled to one of those countries they did quite well with the ladies.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:34 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
You have obviously have never been to Philippines and Thailand. I know some men who have struggled to get a girlfriend in America, but when they traveled to one of those countries they did quite well with the ladies.
That's because so many of the ladies over there are interested mainly in money.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:37 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHanson9398 View Post

You're making no sense. Very few college students date men twice their age. There is no "skewed sex ratio", you said so yourself. There are more women than men on campus.

What are you doing to "try" to date? Where are you going in order to meet women?

Old 04-07-2014, 01:38 AM

318 posts, read 639,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's because so many of the ladies over there are interested mainly in money.
Most American women are interested mainly in money as well. What percentage of American women here on City-Data would date a guy who works at Domino's for example and still live with their parents ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships