Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 12:39 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,869,653 times

Advertisements

I think I caught a venereal disease just opening this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 01:47 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I think I caught a venereal disease just opening this thread.

I think I just caught a flashback to the '70s.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:01 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times
Most recent craiglist ads in my area for this type of arrangement. It seems they've cleaned up the section, as these aren't nearly as interestingly weird as they once were. the 2nd ad appears to have been flagged a few times, so I am assuming that old guy has been causing a bit of an issue with some of the respondents.
================================================== ==============================

FREE ROOM close to downtown for FEMALE FWB
private room no private bath

Free room for FEMALE FWB. I am white male in my 30's just looking to help the right person out in these trying economic times. NO DRUGS or DRAMA please. Email with your name, number, tell a bit about yourself and situation, contact number and you may include photos if you like. Great home in great area so room will not last long.
================================================== ============================

LONELY GENT SEEKS RENT FREE ROOMATE

© craigslist -

w/d in unit attached garage
private room private bath

Lonely 62 year old retired business owner with no family here is seeking a female room-mate ONLY to help with the cleaning and sharing cooking chores from time to time, share food expenses and half the utilities, go to dinner or a movie occasionally, and just be a good companion in exchange for free rent. You will have your own private furnished bedroom with VIOS hook ups, and private full bath which are on the opposite side of the master bedroom and bath which ensures your privacy. There is also a 2 car garage. The community has many amenities such as a heated pool, spa, gym, clubhouse, computer room, library, and walking trails and conveniently located to shopping and restaurants, most within walking distance. Here are the requirements: You MUST be over 35 and under 55, NO smoking at all, NO drugs whatsoever, NO drinking in the house other than a glass of wine with dinner, NO pets, NO overnight guests, and NO drama queens. Available May 1st if you meet all the requirements. Please contact me through CL for now and do not ask for my email address or give me yours until we've communicated for a while to make sure we would be compatible. Also, a recent photo would be appreciated, and then I will send you mine.
THIS IS NOT AN AD FOR SEX IT'S FOR 100% COMPANIONSHIP.
AND IF YOU ARE A MAN, AND RESPOND TO THIS AD, BE PREPARED TO BE VERBALLY ABUSED FOR YOUR STUPIDITY

^ That last sentence, for sure, should set off alarms.

Last edited by TRosa; 04-16-2014 at 10:49 AM..

Old 04-16-2014, 10:45 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Get thrown out with no notice for any reason with no recourse because you have no legal right to live there. That sounds super fun.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:02 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,296,597 times
Here is my attempt.

Wanted: Personal assistant.
My career has gotten to the point where there are some big throbbing issues that I no longer desire to handle all by myself. In an attempt to alleviate the enormous pressure that has been building up, I am looking to hire a personal assistant on a short term basis. The ideal applicant will be female and in good enough physical shape to handle the fast, then slow, then faster, faster, faster, pace that my lifestyle demands. The most important attributes for successful applicant to possess are open mindedness, flexibility, endurance, and discretion.

Please contact me at 555-6969 to schedule an interview.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:57 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,874,287 times
Welcome to modern dating. Such ads probably are quite common in SoCal. Sometimes it's women making it clear they want free housing. I suppose it's a ploy that often happens in expensive areas. Disgusting things like that made me stop visiting the relationships section of Craigslist.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:04 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,418,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
"Are you in need of temp housing? I'm in a financial situation maybe we could help each other out! Its only a 1 bedroom so if you have ideas and don't mind staying with a male email me please leave picture."
Might as well add:

Runaways and large breasted teens to the head of the line.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:11 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
Reminds me of a young girl we had the misfortune of finding out she made her extra cash from
"Send request and $5 and get pictures (anal $3 extra)" Ads on craigslist

At least she was safe in her home doing this

Old 04-26-2014, 05:29 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,225,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Why don't these men feel ashamed at the fact that they have to bribe women for sex?
Because getting laid over rides shame. At this point they are desperate and all bets are off. I have seen adds on craigs list right before I met my gf that had a kid and their ex beat them up and they wanted off the street and stated they were great in bed. I have a 2 bed room and if I had not met me gf I would do it. Sex is sex, its better than your hand and if they are willing to stick around they could become a life mate.

People make these posts as if they assume everyone has 10 people swooning over them and that bribery is low. Sorry that's not reality. You get one life to live and I don't want to spend it not getting laid.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:32 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,225,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Get thrown out with no notice for any reason with no recourse because you have no legal right to live there. That sounds super fun.
You mean like married men whos wives decide they don't want them there anymore lol. Nope its not super fun. I guess if they wanted too they could sign a month to month lease so that she would have 30 days but then how does the guy protect his stuff from being stolen if things go awry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships