Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 12:09 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times

Advertisements

^^^ Thanks Stepka, question mainly for the woman on or have used POF. Of the men you have corresponded or dated off POF, where you on their "viewed me" list or did they just come out of nowhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 12:23 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa....By what criteria are we judging the 'seriousness' of people on any online dating site?

Because if a date says "I'm not looking for something serious" I just assume it means "I'm just not that into you." I don't think it means "If I were really serious I'd be looking on eHarmony.

I don't think i've met a slew of men on OK Cupid who aren't seriously looking for a relationship. It think I've met a slew of men who were not the guy I was looking for.
Every relationship I've been in since my first marriage ended started on OKC. It's where I met my current husband. I met a few great guys on PoF... a few out of quite a few dozen. OKC was by far the best site in my experience.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:55 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
If my friends' and sister's experience on POF is any indication, that place attracts some real whackadoos. It's free, so you get what you pay for.
Met my GF of 2 years now on it.

Worked well for us!

Old 05-24-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I say the same thing about women. Why would an attractive woman who is sane need to use dating sites?
The women seem pretty decent on POF in my area. Most of them my age talk about their grandkids right off the bat in their profiles, seems honorable enough. Many make it a point hookups and FWB are not desired. Many are quite attractive also so it only makes sense a fair amount of decent attractive men will be on there as well.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:38 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
The women seem pretty decent on POF in my area. Most of them my age talk about their grandkids right off the bat in their profiles, seems honorable enough. Many make it a point hookups and FWB are not desired. Many are quite attractive also so it only makes sense a fair amount of decent attractive men will be on there as well.
I can't find the post you quoted so I'll quote yours, but my answer to 14bricks' question is that I was new to my city and don't know a lot of people. Now that I am meeting more people, I have no further use for the site.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:55 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
I came, I saw, I quit, lol
Never again.....
I was basically forced into trying it- did it for 3 weeks.
I've seen & heard more than I wanted to.
Thanks but no thanks.....

Old 05-24-2014, 09:54 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
the males on that site are so rude and full of themselves. i wont do the online dating because of them.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
the males on that site are so rude and full of themselves. i wont do the online dating because of them.
A good amount of them must be. I notice many women will have in their profile, "trying this again", "taking another shot at this". To me it indicates they went out and the date was horrific.

Then there's "Don't contact me if you want a booty call, fwb, ons, or hookup". so they must get a lot of it.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:33 AM

957 posts, read 1,060,396 times
I'd love to know the success rate of the dudes who send pictures of their junk to every woman in their zipcode.

Haha

I feel like they're just rude or send those pics to troll dating sites for laughs. People can't be that stupid.

I deleted my profile today. The flakes are getting old. I do better in real life situations anymore, just gotta force myself to get out more!

Old 05-25-2014, 10:42 AM

543 posts, read 534,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
What a coincidence, as that describes the females on there too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships