Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 01:39 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,311,674 times

Advertisements

You may have a fetish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 02:08 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,702,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Interesting. I often find these types very unattractive. They usually strike me as being anti-intellectual, possessing a silly bravado, and being power trips much of the time.
I'm also revolted by someone being willing to kill as a JOB. I think a brave person has more integrity than that & doesn't hide behind badges & uniforms.

But hey, there's someone for everyone.
"I never thought being in the military is a job to killl

I thought I took an oath to defend the constitution, against the enemies foreign and domestic."

Old 04-19-2014, 04:46 AM

18,750 posts, read 11,714,504 times
I was always attracted to men in business suits that carried brief cases until I met the love of my life, a police officer. Go figure. The heart wants what the heart wants. Keep an open mind for all types. When the right one comes along and hits you between the eyes it won't matter what he does for a living.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:13 AM

285 posts, read 424,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I was always attracted to men in business suits that carried brief cases until I met the love of my life, a police officer. Go figure. The heart wants what the heart wants. Keep an open mind for all types. When the right one comes along and hits you between the eyes it won't matter what he does for a living.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:45 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,401,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
being told not to wear white t-shirts with their uniforms, because the flash of white at the collar gives thugs something to aim for.
Not to mention it's a fashion faux pas. What's with the American obsession with wearing a white t-shirt under everything?

But of course, the human target thing is much worse...

Old 04-19-2014, 08:48 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,129,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Interesting. I often find these types very unattractive. They usually strike me as being anti-intellectual, possessing a silly bravado, and being power trips much of the time.
I'm also revolted by someone being willing to kill as a JOB. I think a brave person has more integrity than that & doesn't hide behind badges & uniforms.

But hey, there's someone for everyone.

Boy you have generalized the hel l out of these people. Both my parents are veterans and are very successful in life and are very intelligent people. My father held one of the higher profile jobs in the service. He has no ego, control, mean streak in him. He is nothing like these people you describe. Also, you have to understand that the military consists of all different kinds of people. You have doctors, lawyers, policeman, people from the inner city poor neighborhoods, people from upper middle class to every class in society.

If you view the military like this, then you must view all of society is like that.

many in the military did not join to kill contrary to what you believe. Many joined to get out of a bad neighborhood. Many joined because it was a job, and some because it was their best alternative from where they came from. Many joined to travel and learn new things. I won't deny, I'm sure the military attracts a few psychopaths. Any job where people might be commanded to kill will get those types; however, they are such a small fraction of the military as a whole. To the majority of these people it is a fulfilling and rewarding job, but to some it is a passion just to FIGHT FOR THEIR COUNTRY.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 04-19-2014 at 09:37 AM..

Old 04-19-2014, 09:14 AM

1,949 posts, read 6,436,045 times
for a man I cant stand military or police women, I dont like bossy or authoritive women that act like a man, big turn off

would never date a police

Old 04-19-2014, 09:30 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,564,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.
Douglas MacArthur

Arlington National Cemetery - America's most hallowed ground - YouTube

May Peace & Love Surround You and give you strength to live everyday.

Special Thanks to the brave men and women in our armed forces and those who love them..
Beautiful and sad.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:36 AM

38,967 posts, read 27,341,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Beautiful and sad.
You have a very beautiful soul.. That is the most I like about you.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:42 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,564,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You have a very beautiful soul.. That is the most I like about you.
<3 <3 <3 Lily

I'm going to write to you when I come down there so we can get together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships