Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 05:26 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I knew he was somewhat misrepresenting the situation.
Right. So it's not that she wants to move in, and have him join her at some point. It's more a question of WHEN they'll move to the other place together. She sees a potential nest she can start feathering, while he prefers his apt. and its more convenient commute.

This is starting to make more sense, finally!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 05:27 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How does the OP know they're paying the taxes? How does he know they're not slowly wrecking the place? Does he do bi-annual inspections? Would he (or his friends) even know what to look for to head off any problems? (Steady leaks or other water damage issues, not to mention cleanliness problems that might attract pests)
Well, from experience, I used to rent a house with a friend from his parents. We paid property tax every month for his dad + utilities, which the tax money had to be in his dad's account by a certain date. We had some issues happen over the time we spent there, and if we couldn't repair it with the stuff we had in house, we called the actual owner who would come over with the stuff, and we'd repair it.

I would hope that his friends were responsible enough to call if they have any issues with the house as well as making on-time payments. If they aren't doing any of that, yeah he's going to have problems.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:28 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
We didn't need that info. You already told us about their "Jersey Shore" lifestyle. lol

south park it's a jersey thing snooki want smoosh smoosh! - YouTube

Old 04-20-2014, 05:33 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
^^^ lol

Old 04-20-2014, 06:13 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beach Hal View Post
So I inherited a house in a more residential area of my city. However it is not a practical location for me to commute so I live in a different part of town. I basically let a bunch of my friends move in if they paid the property tax and maintenance along with some "rent". However my gf wants to move into the house and wants all my friends out. I didn't see myself moving there until kids were in the equation. Should I concede to my gf on this one?
So is this you posting this or your brother?

Old 04-20-2014, 06:24 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, if I were you, I'd never mix finance with pleasure. GF = pleasure, house = business. But that is just me. If want to play house with her, then go for it.

Why not talking to your relatives or parents about this?
Quote:
unbiased opinions
Sorry that doesn't fly. YOU are the only person that could say whether or not you want to "play house" with your GF, and whether or not it should be in that house. Doesn't even make sense to ask about such a situation here.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:27 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
We live in my apartment which we rent.
Quote:
lease is in my name but she contributed to rent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I knew he was somewhat misrepresenting the situation.
I knew that from the initial post. OP is basically creating some made up drama here for a thread.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:30 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I knew that from the initial post. OP is basically creating some made up drama here for a thread.
Something tells me it was designed to create a less-than-flattering portrait of female behaviour.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:00 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
OP:

Get a life.

Why on earth would you even want to waste your time doing this?

Old 04-20-2014, 09:57 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
Quote:
So I inherited a house in a more residential area of my city. However it is not a practical location for me to commute so I live in a different part of town. I basically let a bunch of my friends move in if they paid the property tax and maintenance along with some "rent". However my gf wants to move into the house and wants all my friends out. I didn't see myself moving there until kids were in the equation. Should I concede to my gf on this one?
Sure...if she pays the rent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships