Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When was the last time you asked a woman out?
Within the last 24 hours 2 3.92%
Within the last week 4 7.84%
Within the last month 13 25.49%
Within the last 6 months 9 17.65%
Over a year 23 45.10%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 05:54 PM

346 posts, read 351,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
You are right, I get male attention, I never said I didn't. But it doesn't happen as much as some people seem to think here. Once every few months, maybe... that's about it.

Sorry, still not buying it. I'm a guy and get more female attention than that and I don't go to clubs and rarely to bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 05:55 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony7X View Post
so you put absolutely zero effort in dating whatsoever (not even willing to go into the night scene or try online dating) and then complain that you can't meet a guy?

That's shocking . Ladies on this site complain that men are entitled when they just want some situations where a woman is obviously interested and is open to an approach, yet many of the ladies on this site expect to sit home all day and have prince charming beat down their doors
Just because someone doesn't go to clubs and bars doesn't mean they put in zero effort. I am not a party girl, I am more of a nature girl. I tend to go scuba diving (and like I said, did meet one person that way), hiking clubs, camping, etc. That's my thing. I am considering a softball team next... but I will have to wait until the season starts again. I like to meet men first, get to know them, and figure out if I like them, then date. I am just not into random, drunk strangers. But on the other hand, if a guy walks up to me, like when I was waiting for coffee and asks to exchange numbers, I will take the risk, why not. I've also tried online dating and didn't like it (too many guys were either nuts or wife shopping). I keep meaning to do speed dating, but I keep finding those on weekday nights and I can't pull it off.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
Sorry, still not buying it. I'm a guy and get more female attention than that and I don't go to clubs and rarely to bars.
So I am curious, where do you go that you see women getting hit on all the time? Because if it's not a bar/club it might be a place I would like to try out. My problem (and a lot of women's problem) is, day-to-day, you just run into the same people. Same coworkers, same married friends, etc. I try to join clubs and do new things, but haven't met anyone recently, so I am open to new things.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
So I am curious, where do you go that you see women getting hit on all the time? Because if it's not a bar/club it might be a place I would like to try out. My problem (and a lot of women's problem) is, day-to-day, you just run into the same people. Same coworkers, same married friends, etc. I try to join clubs and do new things, but haven't met anyone recently, so I am open to new things.

Mall, sports games, bowling alley, golf course, parties. I'm a guy who doesn't frequent bars and clubs, yet I get female attention and certainly more than once a month.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Mall, sports games, bowling alley, golf course, parties. I'm a guy who doesn't frequent bars and clubs, yet I get female attention and certainly more than once a month.
Really, the mall. It's mostly teenagers where I live or other women shopping. I don't see men in their 30s and 40s at the mall scoping out women, just teens hanging out with each other. Bowling might work, that's a good idea if I were to join a league and meet someone. I scuba dive, so that is like my golf and I did meet one man that way, but again, most of the other divers are married or a lot younger than me and at a completely different stage of life (college kids)... or at least that's been my luck. And parties I go to all the time... with friends, neighborhood parties, etc. I've mentioned all of my friends are married and so is most of my neighborhood, so I go to parties with a bunch of married people.

Last edited by jillabean; 08-12-2014 at 06:24 PM..

Old 08-12-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Really, the mall. It's mostly teenagers where I live or other women shopping. I don't see men in their 30s and 40s at the mall scoping out women, just teens hanging out with each other. Bowling might work, that's a good idea if I were to join a league and meet someone. I scuba dive, so that is like my golf and I did meet one man that way, but again, most of the other divers are married or at least that's been my luck. And parties I go to all the time... with friends, neighborhood parties, etc. I've mentioned all of my friends are married and so is most of my neighborhood, so I go to parties with a bunch of married people.

You can meet someone anywhere. In my case, it doesn't matter where I go. But then again, I doubt most people have my luck.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
You can meet someone anywhere. In my case, it doesn't matter where I go. But then again, I doubt most people have my luck.
That's true... and I meet people. It's just not all the time and usually only when I am doing something "special" like a dive trip and when *I* start things off. It's not men coming up to me for the most part. And most men my age are married (as are most of my friends), so that doesn't help.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:28 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,031 times
Quote:
Ya lost all cred with the golf course idea. I've been playing since I was 6 and have yet to meet an exceptional girl my age at the course. Agree with the other poster too, mall is for teenagers mostly.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
That's true... and I meet people. It's just not all the time and usually only when I am doing something "special" like a dive trip and when *I* start things off. It's not men coming up to me for the most part. And most men my age are married (as are most of my friends), so that doesn't help.

Being subtle doesn't count as starting things. But I also have to question this forum when you have posters who say their 65 year old mother gets hit on constantly. So surely you can understand why I'm a little skeptical when I read things like "Women get no male attention" and "My 65 year old mom is getting hit on left and right"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur
Ya lost all cred with the golf course idea. I've been playing since I was 6 and have yet to meet an exceptional girl my age at the course. Agree with the other poster too, mall is for teenagers mostly.

I didn't lose any cred. If I can meet someone at the mall, you can meet someone at the golf course.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Being subtle doesn't count as starting things. But I also have to question this forum when you have posters who say their 65 year old mother gets hit on constantly. So surely you can understand why I'm a little skeptical when I read things like "Women get no male attention" and "My 65 year old mom is getting hit on left and right"
I am not subtle... but the whole point of this thread is men don't hit on women. So if I hit on him, doesn't count does it? At least for the point of this thread. After all, we are talking about men taking the risk and hitting on women.

All my long-term boyfriends from the past came on to me. All men I've come on to, didn't last, weren't very interested in me in the long run. I will keep trying, you never know, but I think things work out better when men are interested enough in me to risk it. Men, it would seem, are more open to who they date... even if they aren't all that interested. That would seem good on the surface, but my experience is they end up being not all that into me and kind of wishy washy. Given a choice and all things being equal, I will consider a man that comes on to me first more seriously than one I had to come on to myself.

Grandmothers and grandfathers are a different case I think. People get older and are widowed and suddenly it's dating time again. It's like teenagers all over again They don't practice safe sex either it would seem, STD rates have doubled among 50+ people in the last 10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships